shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shelli

Rough_Rock
Hey I just found this forum randomly and I was just wondering how much a yellow diamond would cost. I don't know anything about pricing but I was hoping someone here did.. thanks!
1.gif

like that one in this picture:

yellowring.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to pricescope!
1.gif

Hm... there is at least one seller specialized in yellows around here, and, since this forum is VERY intolerant to self-marketing, you are likely to find out some good info. I am not that person. However, your question will have to be more specific for anyone to return a number rather than a whole story as answer. Yellow diamonds come in a few color grades with which the price varies... exponentially. So, if you are looking for a 'fancy light' you may expect to pay less than for a white diamond while a 'fancy vivid' will successfully put the price of the most expensive whites to shame. It would be great for you to have a look at some examples of these shades (on,if not off-line) and get an idea. Running a search for 'fancy diamonds' on this forum might hint to some online sources. I suspect that it may not be easy to get a line-up of yellows for inspection in almost all jewelry stores (which is trully unfortunate!). Yellows are the least expensive of the fancies (counting green, orange, blue and red as 'other fancies' even if there are others, less appreciated and accordingly priced, such as grays, browns...and combinations including these tones) so, you have very good chance to find a satisfactory gem in their club...

Shelli

Rough_Rock
I'm not looking to buy one. My engagement ring has a yellow diamond and is very similar to that picture. I was just wondering how much a stone like that would run. It's big and very close to that color.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is imposible to guess the grade or size of that diamond from the picture... Even if I (or anyone) could guess, it would not be responsible to give an estimate based on it. Let's say the picture looks (to me) like a 4ct or more, fancy light yellow, but it can be anything from I1 to VVS, and that there is no way to tell. The otherproblem is, it is not very likely to get an amount similar to the retail price if you sell, since you would not be addressing the same customers. So, it is relatively easy to find a similar diamond being sold and get an idea about price, but for thisyou would need to know a farely acurate weight and grading range (even if you want to keep the precise weight to yourself, an approximation to the closest 0.5 ct number would help - and this is customary with coloers stones...). There was at least one post about how to sell a diamond (maybe a month ago or so, detailing the pitfalls and waht would be the recoverable value given diferent sales procedures and time frames...). I'll try to find it, but maybe you can too.

Otherwise, since a visually small difference between yellow and orangish-yellow, or greenish-yellow or, if worse came to worse, color origin could make a big difference, there remains quite a few Qs unanswered there. If you have a specific interest but do not want to post all the detail out, the easiest is to write e-mails to the few professionals on the forum. I know you will receive more precise info than this!

Shelli

Rough_Rock
Thanks I was just wondering. I'm not going to sell it or anything. It's about 5 carots I believe but I'm not really sure.

http://www.diamond-guide.com/Diamond_Education/color.html

I was looking at that and mine looks bright like the last one. I was just curious it's no big deal if no one can give me any numbers.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What can I say... the point is still moot: it can be anything from 13K to 30K! I can't imagine going below 13... but great clarity combined with a stronger yellow than MY COMPUTER makes of those pictures could top the upper limit in a jeweler's store. I know this is not too helpful, but given the info I doubt I could say more. However, geting a cert for such a stone seems a worthwile enterprise to me and should not be such a monstruous hassle or cost. After all, there is at least one person who could help a great deal here once you may get a better impression (even informal,asking a jeweler or getting an appraisal rather than color certificate) of the grade of the stone...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shelli

Rough_Rock
I was kinda thinking that price. thanks
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results