shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow diamond wirh double halo

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Had some reservations about color of the center stone being too light (its light yellow) but it looks more intensed when set so I'm happy. Design was inspired by Tiffany's Soleste. Set with slightly bigger side stones and thicker band instead of thin split shank. It's 14mm wide so quite huge even on my size 6 finger. I just got it and only wore it twice. Think I would wear it on my left index to pair with casual outfit, right ring finger with suit. It's so flashy I feel guilty showing to friends and colleagues so its good to have a platform (here) for me to share my new love ;-)

IMAG0418.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

IMG-20110823-WA0003.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty and blingy!! I'd love to see some more pictures, particularly of the profile. Don't feel guilty showing it to your friends -- wear it with joy :bigsmile:

ETA: You added more pictures as I was typing -- it looks great on you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that was mine I would be wearing it everywhere! :love: :love: :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's really beautiful. :love:

Is there a metal cup under the diamond?
Do you have a side view, and a view of the underside of the set diamond?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Congrats and thanks for sharing it!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
my heart just skipped a beat! You absolutely must share more photos!!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all. Sooooooo nice to share it with people who appreciate it. Hubby is annoyed of me talking about it all the time :razz:.

Here are a few more pics to show the side and underneath the ring. The jeweler used yellow gold basket to bring out the yellow of the center stone, rest of the ring is white gold.

Ring is very top heavy so I'm happy that I went for the jeweler's suggestion to use thicker shank.

IMAG0518.jpg

IMAG0517.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is just gorgeous! Love the double halo with your beautiful yellow stone :love: :love: :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I would wear that baby every day too!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Oh, WOW, that is absolutely spectacular! It looks intensely yellow in it's setting, gorgeous!

p.s.
I recognize where the ring is from, I miss Hong Kong so much!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
CoutureFemme|1318303527|3037494 said:
Oh, WOW, that is absolutely spectacular! It looks intensely yellow in it's setting, gorgeous!

p.s.

CoutureFemme, you ARE an expert shopper :appl: I don't think that many people know that diamond place :naughty:

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Elam|1318305327|3037518 said:
CoutureFemme|1318303527|3037494 said:

p.s.

CoutureFemme, you ARE an expert shopper :appl: I don't think that many people know that diamond place :naughty:

Hahaha, oops, I do believe I've just outed myself as a shopaholic!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! The only thing that would make me feel guilty would be to NOT wear that beauty everyday! Congrats!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Enjoy wearing it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats--enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Did I miss it someere but what are the specs on the ring? it is lovely!

And I feel left out---I use to go jewelry shopping in HK all the time but I don't recongize the jeweler. Care to share? (it has been sevearl years since I have been...I think it was 2009 during my last trip).

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sarahbear621,

I got the center stone from ELS (take a look at the last pic in first post), a supplier to local chain jewelers likes of chow sang sang. I was introduced by a neighbor otherwise wouldn't have known the place. There are a lot of hidden treasures in hk ;-)

Eva

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
I would of course wear it everyday with me if I owned it!! Wooza.. Very nice

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Pretty! I would rock that daily! Gorgeous Ring!!! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Are the diamonds in the halo pave or prong set?

I find it funny that we both have extremely similar rings made and post them in the same week. Though my FLY is probably much smaller ;( I love that the halo around yours seems to angle out a bit. Very nice!

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments. I wore it today, couldn't help looking at it every 5 min.

@Sarahbear621 - not sure I know the diff between pave and prongs... I can see super tiny prongs so i guess the white diamonds are set in prongs? Thanks for your compliment BTW. I love the squarely shape of yours, AND the amazing color. Is that a fancy yellow?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning. What are the stats on the stone?

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a truly beautiful stone and ring.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1318436719|3038591 said:
Stunning. What are the stats on the stone?

Cushion modified brilliant
fancy light yellow
even distribution
no flor
2 ct
VS2
7.7 x 7.01 x 4.1
table 65%
depth 58.5%
no info on the angles (I KNOW! how could i have purchased a 2ct not knowing the angles... let's just say i hadnt discovered PS yet!)

first time buying fancy color and shape other than RB. Did a lot of research but apparently not enough :oops: . I was only presented 2 stones, this and a yellow radiant which had a super intense color and beautiful crushed ice effect, HOWEVER, extremely small looking face up (6.71 x 6.21) for a 2ct. The only concerns i had with this were the color (i wanted more saturated color) and the tiny bowtie. The saleslady reassured me that this was a very nice stone for my budget and that it would be difficult to find something similar PLUS i really really couldn't wait to own a yellow diamond so i bought it after a week's consideration (that was before the hangseng index went below 17000 of course!). Despite the rush, i do like what how the ring turned out - the color seems more solid with the gold prongs and plate below the diamond. And the bowtie is not noticeable at all. On hindsight though, i should have asked to see more different cuts (not that i don't like mine :D ).

luckky

Shiny_Rock
Oh...my goodness...your ring is really beautiful! :love: I'm a big fan of soft cushion halo setting and your ring is just stunning. The center stone really POP...surrounding by those white bling bling halo :) I bet after double halo would look like 4 ct on your finger :wink2: Thank you for sharing, Cheer!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Tuffy

Rough_Rock
very nice! I am looking for yellow diamonds too and I am wondering what's a reasonable price range for fancy yellow 2 ct. :errrr:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Please wear that beauty. There are many people like me who really like seeing gorgeous rings and it doesn't matter if we own them or someone else does.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results