shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow diamond ring - upgrade ideas pls

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I love love love seeing all your beautiful rings on this site.
36.gif

I bought this ring last year (posted about it re: appraisals) and now I am having second thoughts. When I was ring searching (pre- pricescope discovery), I wanted a fancy yellow diamond. There wasn''t a lot to chose from and the prices were all over the place. I bought this ring, first for the color and second the price was right for me. I always wasn''t 100% sure on the sidestones. These are supposed to be shields, but look very close to trillions. On my finger, I sometimes think the "point-y-ness" is too sharp/harsh. The center is 1.37 (fiy, cushion) and the sides .61tcw.
I like the color of the center stone, but I really think I would like to have a more chunky cushion - and bigger.
Should I trade it in for a bigger (hopefully) chunky cushion (white color)?
I would really like your opinion - don''t worry about hurting my feelings.
19.gif

I am just getting ideas.

(note to ed: posted in colored stones by mistake.)

flower ring adjusted.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think its beautiful! In fact, if I were to ever get a yellow ring, thats the look I would like.

But YOU are the one wearing it so you need to be happy. You did not say anything about the quality of the diamond, cut etc.

Also, can you post a handshot? Its hard to judge size without a handshot.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thank you asscherisme. I have a close up of it on my finger that I will post. My camera is not very good so this is the best I could get.
The center stone is 1.37 fancy intense yellow according to the HRD cert. My appraiser said it looks more like fancy yellow according to her....it is SI1 (eye clean), good cut.

adj ring on finger.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
I think that is stunning!!!!
emotion-15.gif
But again, you are the one that has to wear it and be happy so, you should do what your instincts tell you!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think its amazing!!!! I would love to have something like that for my right hand!!! I am not going to buy any jewelry this year. I bought enough last year to last for a while LOL.

If you want to upgrade because you want a larger yellow, thats one thing. But the design of that ring is amazing and if I owned it, I would not change a thing!

Thanks for posting that photo. Is it platinum with a yellow gold head around the center stone?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I also wouldn't change a thing! The color in your yellow diamond is amazing and that is the perfect classic setting for it in my opinion. If you want a bigger diamond I would just get a whole new ring and wear that beauty on your right hand.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 6:27:54 AM
Author:yellowsparkles
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I love love love seeing all your beautiful rings on this site.
36.gif

I bought this ring last year (posted about it re: appraisals) and now I am having second thoughts. When I was ring searching (pre- pricescope discovery), I wanted a fancy yellow diamond. There wasn''t a lot to chose from and the prices were all over the place. I bought this ring, first for the color and second the price was right for me. I always wasn''t 100% sure on the sidestones. These are supposed to be shields, but look very close to trillions. On my finger, I sometimes think the ''point-y-ness'' is too sharp/harsh. The center is 1.37 (fiy, cushion) and the sides .61tcw.
I like the color of the center stone, but I really think I would like to have a more chunky cushion - and bigger.
Should I trade it in for a bigger (hopefully) chunky cushion (white color)?
I would really like your opinion - don''t worry about hurting my feelings.
19.gif

I am just getting ideas.

(note to ed: posted in colored stones by mistake.)
well...... I prefer the less intense yellow stones so I like yours better than most I see LOL And I like your shields way better than trills but if that were MY ring I think I would get two half carat or 3/4 carat yellows of the same color or a hair lighter in the same shape and go for a 3 stone cushion in all yellow stones - either the same shade or the two outer ones could be lighter - or darker..... do you have an upgrade policy for the stones? I like that center stone you have! It seems like almost every yellow ring I see has pointy tipped white stones flanking it so I''d likely avoid that look for myself.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 10:17:43 AM
Author: asscherisme
I think its amazing!!!! I would love to have something like that for my right hand!!! I am not going to buy any jewelry this year. I bought enough last year to last for a while LOL.

If you want to upgrade because you want a larger yellow, thats one thing. But the design of that ring is amazing and if I owned it, I would not change a thing!

Thanks for posting that photo. Is it platinum with a yellow gold head around the center stone?
Yes, it is platinum with yellow gold head around the center stone.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 3:33:29 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 1/9/2007 8:27:46 AM
Author: yellowsparkles
Thank you asscherisme. I have a close up of it on my finger that I will post. My camera is not very good so this is the best I could get.
The center stone is 1.37 fancy intense yellow according to the HRD cert. My appraiser said it looks more like fancy yellow according to her....it is SI1 (eye clean), good cut.
ITS GORGEOUS!
Thank you SanDiegoLady. I love your posts and your taste.

I have always liked my ring.
I guess I am just torn between a yellow "modern" cushion (crushed ice) and getting a more chunky cushion ( love the graff cushion!). I really like the yellow, but would I rather have a white old fashion cushion?
I bought the ring for a RHR, but I found that I am more comfortable wearing rings on my left hand. We never bought an E''ring - we bought a house instead. SO I am thinking of wearing this ring on my left hand. I have a 1/2 eternity band channel set (.5tcw) for a wedding band. The two look OK together but not great. So, Maybe I will upgrade the wedding band?

Any thoughts on how a shared prong 1/2 eternity band or a 5 stone ring would look with my ring?

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I think the shared prong band would be beautiful. I LOVE your ring, it is stunning.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
yellowsparkles, I think your ring is absolutely gorgeous the way it is! That yellow is simply beautiful... almost lemony, which I love and with the side stones, I think it''s a perfect compliment. Is the ring comfortable? Or do you just think that your style taste may have changed (re: the shields)?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your ring! I hope to someday have one similar for a rhr. I happen to love trillions, so I like the pointy-ness.

Does the place where you bought it offer upgrades? Maybe you can upgrade for a larger center with sidestones that you would like better. Half moons would look great with a cushion.

jayrenay

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Well, I don;t know anything about yellow diamonds, but I love the design and overall effect of your ring! it sounds lovely as a RHR or I could also see pairing it with a plain plat band on your left hand and wearing your current diamond band on your right hand. It is nice to have options!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the nice / helpful comments. I will be in DC this weekend and I will talk to the jeweler then. I think I will be keeping it as is and talk to her about upgrading my half eternity band. I either need to buy something different or resize it - my hands swell to much in the summer and I can''t stand wearing it. I like my rings loose....

Cehra, thanks for your help. I love the three cushion stone ring (saw an awesome one here on pricescope), but I don''t know how easy it would be to do all in yellow. I will talk to my jeweler and see what she comes up with.

Again, thank you for all your replies.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think the ring is beautiful! I think trying to add a larger stone would ruin the look of the ring. So I''d vote with the others who said leave it as it is, and just get another new ring later!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
i really love your ring and would keep it just as it is. I would love to have a ring like that someday.

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Yellowsparkles, your ring is stunning! I love it, and hope to own a yellow cushion one day. I love the way you''ve set it. It''s simply stunning.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love it. I always daydream that my other ring will be a yellow diamond!!! I so love it. I love the trillions. My ring has trillions. Very beautiful.
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
that''s stunning! Congrats!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
That gorgeous yellow crushed ice look makes my mouth water! It''s like a strong lemonade on ice!!

YUM YUM!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, awesome look...I wouldn''t change a thing!!!!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I have just checked in and was surprised to find these nice / new posts.
36.gif
Thanks for the compliments. I am pleasantly surprised. We are back in the States on holiday and I am going to see my jeweler tomorrow. I am sure I will just ask her to re-size it and then talk to her about upgrading my other band. I do like my ring - I guess DSS set in a bit and then seeing all the other beautiful rings on this site made me second guess.

Thanks again.... I did love reading all the suggestions. I thought about a simple pave band without the sidestones, but I am so hard on my rings - I don''t think pave would be the best option for me.
21.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I think your ring is stunning as is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results