shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Diamond Need Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MariaK

Rough_Rock
Hi Folks,
I posted on the Rocky Talky but decided that I should post here also. I have a yellow (canary) brilliant cut diamond that is about one carat with inclusions. It is an irradiated stone that is in a pendant. It is quite an attractive piece. When I purchased it, I was not told that it was irradiated. I took it to a certified gemologist today and she said that it was an irradiated diamond. She said this to me as she looked at it through her loop (is that the word for it?). I asked her for an appraisal which she did in a few minutes time. I don''t know what equipment she used as she went to her office. My question(s) first, what would be a ballpark figure for this diamond, and what equipment is necessary to determine that a diamond is irradiated? I really would appreciate any help I can get! Thanks.
MariaK

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not know what type of "yellow" this is (fancy light, intense... etc). But treated stones would be around 15%-20% cheaper than the corresponding natural type. The price difference between color grades is much more than this.

As for equipment, it could be a loupe, especially if there are visible inclusions in the stone, because the type and shape of inclusions is the one feature that helps identification the most.

At this point, you may want to get the opinion of a professional appraiser about the issue and the stone. I am sorry to hear about the story...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results