shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow diamond double halo JBG...

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful, but far different from a 5 stone band. Two completely different styles.
This decision is completely yours; I’m certain either will be fantastic!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, reminds me very much of Tiffany soleste. You can always purchase it and return it if it is not everything you want IRL :)

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@swauna78 have you tried any of them on? They both look beautiful, and of course they will look beautiful on your hand, but you won't know how it feels until you try it on. Try them on and ask yourself 'Is it comfortable'. Also, will you be wearing it with other rings or solo?

swauna78

Rough_Rock
Hi. I'm in Ireland so will be making what is hopefully a forever purchase. I tried on this ring Saturday...it's got a 2ct center stone and is fabulous but it's way above my budget:

I'll be wearing the ring solo as a RHR

swauna78

Rough_Rock
It's 15,500 USD !!

I don't want to spend over 8,500 USD.

swauna78

Rough_Rock
I don't have the dimensions of the 2ct stone but I'm worried I'll be disappointed in the size difference between that one and the JBG one...:oops:

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@swauna78, oh yeah, that pesky budget issue! I'm so glad you got to try on the ring in Dublin, but I suppose any trips you make to look at diamonds in person (London, Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, New York/LA) will gouge a chunk out of your ring budget.

Are you ready to decide between the five-stone style and the halo style? (I never can, I love them all, for me it's kind of like looking at potato chips and trying to pick just one.)

swauna78

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply. I know, right! Pesky budget ;)2

Yes, I'm trying to do this remotely to maximise my budget for the ring.
I will be visiting the US later this year so whatever ring I purchase I will be having shipped to my sister in California.....

I don't know if I'll ever be ready to choose between those 2 styles. I always had it in my head that I'd go for a 5 stone when the time came. My husband wanted me to try on that yellow double halo and my head was turned. He loves it and thinks it is very special. That very same day the JBG ring came up on Instagram, ha ha! Fate perhaps =)2

I'm a finger size 7.25 and I'm worried the JBG ring won't look as good on my larger finger than the finger in their shots....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a beautiful ring at a fair price. However, I would be very concerned about sizing a ring with a pave shank at all, but 4.75 to 7.25 sounds really risky to me and maybe not advisable.

swauna78

Rough_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker2006, I suppose 2.5 sizes up is a bit risky now you mention it.....

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
If you are a fan of that style, then i think it is a good deal. The diamond clarity, cut, polish, and no Fluorescence are all good. It’s a fair price.

I personally prefer a single halo, but that’s just my preference. With your budget, if you are leaning towards a yellow diamond, i think you could get a more intense color for the same money. The stone will probably just be a bit smaller. Or you may like the lighter color better anyway!

You might check out DbL. I’ve also seen him post some recent parcels on Instagram that could probably make a lovely five stone yellow diamond ring, if you wanted to combine the two ideas.

Fancy Yellow Single Halo
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...ancy-yellow-vs2-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-r6515

Y-Z Single Halo (still obviously yellow but a lot larger stone for the money)
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...d-160ct-y-z-vs1-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-r6740

There are many options on his site other than those, including double halos. Or you could choose a loose diamond to have set.

swauna78

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I have been on DBL alright. The only halo style that's doing it for me is the double-halo style. I don't mind faint yellow.

I'm leaning towards the Nightingale still now due to the fact I'm not in the U.S. and I am pretty much guaranteed excellently performing stones if I go with BGD black from afar....
And I am not paying the 15k+ for the halo that's here in Ireland!! Waaay overpriced IMO

Thanks everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results