shape
carat
color
clarity

YAYYYYY I''m engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

I''ve been looking forward to coming to PS to share some happy news!!!

I''M ENGAGED! wahhhhhhhooooooooo!!!!

We went to Lake Tahoe and the first day it was raining!
7.gif
So we decided to go to South Lake Tahoe and gamble instead
2.gif
. It was fun but I was itching to go snowboarding. The next day the weather cleared up in the morning so we went to Squaw Valley. The powder was so deep it was insane! It was SO much fun and SO cold! We took the gondola up to the top of the mountain and started snowboarding down. About the middle of the run my boyfriend asked to stop on the side of the run so he could fix his bindings. I went and sat down next to him...he dug inside his jacket, pulled out a box and said "here hold this for me". I started crying right away! I opened the box and inside was the most perfect, beautiful ring. He asked me to marry him and I started crying and nodding. I''m sure I looked really disgusting because I was sweaty from skiing and had snot running down my face because of the wind and frigid temperatures but it''s kind of all a blur for me. A resort employee asked us if we were OK because we were sitting on the side of the run and he thought we had gotten hurt. haha.... I was so surprised and SO happy.... I''m STILL so happy! I took pictures...they didn''t turn out very well but I will post them anyways. I feel so lucky to have found my perfect match.

I wanted to say a HUGE thanks to everyone on this board for all their support and patience during my time of waiting.

It''s definitely worth the wait! The surprise was great!

Cross me off the list I''m engaged!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot... I''m not sure how big this picture will be so sorry in advance if it''s ridiculously huge.
3.gif

jh_ring_hand.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
The center stone is 0.45 ct. with a ribbon design down the side made with 12 one-point stones and accented with milgrained sides. The center stone is a G/VS2 with tons of fire! (sorry for the vague description). The ring was custom-made at Bracken Jewelers in Santa Monica, CA (3rd street promenade). The design was modeled after a 1920''s T&Co ring. The setting is in platinum and 5.25 ring size.

jh_ring.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
A view of the ribbon design

jh_ring_ribbon.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Side view. I LOVE the low setting. The side between the center stone and the ribbon design was left open to allow more light to the center stone.
1.gif

jh_ring_side.jpg

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Ring in box

It''s still so surreal. I''m just completely elated and floating on Cloud 9. Thanks again to everyone on PScope!!!!

jh_ring_top.jpg

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What a great story. Very cute!!

10.gif
Love your ring
10.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
How wonderful snow_happy! Congratulations!!! Your ring is beautiful!!! I LOVE those antique style settings! More pictures if you''ve got them please!!!

36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It''s beautiful!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Aawww... Beautiful story AND beautiful ring!!
36.gif

Congratulations grad
9.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Thats a really sweet proposal story. I posted already on the other thread in Show me the Ring. The ring is so beautiful, dainty and delicate.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS SNOW!!! What a sweet proposal!

I am TOTALLY in love with your ring! Love that ribbon design with the 1 pointers... its breath-taking!!! It looks great on your hand as well... like it was ment to be there! Is there any possible way to try and take a clearer pic? I know its hard. Im just in love with those details on the band... I cant get enough!!!

30.gif
3.gif
9.gif
30.gif
3.gif
9.gif
30.gif
3.gif
9.gif
30.gif
3.gif
9.gif
30.gif
3.gif
9.gif
30.gif
3.gif
9.gif

ETA: I think youre #50!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is amazing, I love the details on the band!! Congratulations!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOORAY!!!!!! And how appropriate that you got engaged in the snow, Ms. Snow_happy!! SO happy for you both, and think your ring is absolutely DREAMY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It''s SO pretty!

Yay lucky #50!!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Snow- I am so happy for you!!!! What a beautiful ring- the diamond, the setting, the box- all perfect!!!! Congratulations & thanks for sharing your engagement story with us all!!!! May you have all the love & happiness in the world!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is such a romantic proposal!!
36.gif

Not to mention that ring is just gorgeous!! Keep working on those pics cause I would LOVE to see all the fine detail!

Okay, I have to stop drooling now.....LOL
30.gif

Congrats!!!
36.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
HEHEHEH ( I can''t stop giggling!)

You guys make me smile!!!!

I will definitely try to take more clear pictures (when I was trying this morning my camera ran out of batteries! I guess I had to leave for work anyways
2.gif
). I''ll try again this afternoon.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ohhhhhh so sweet! and your ring is absolutely gorgeous... i love it!
30.gif
30.gif
congrats and best wishes!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great, fantastic story! I already posted on SMTR, but I''ll say it again, I love the ribbon detail on the ring! It''s fabulous! And what a unique way to propose, on the side of a mountain in the snow. I''d''ve been afraid to lose the box if I were him!! (Darn good thing he didn''t!)
31.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Awwwww, how sweet. I laughed at the snot comment. Can totally relate. lol! It''s an extra special way for him to propose since you both love the mtns. Now every time you go boarding.. you''ll be reminded of that exact moment in time. The ribbon design is very cute and dainty.
30.gif
Congradulations Snow!!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! What a sweet proposal and a beautiful ring! I, too, would love to see more pictures of the detail on your ring! It looks amazing!
36.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
YAY SnowHappy!!!! Congratulations to you and your fiance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post more pics when you get a chance ~ it looks so lovely!!!!!!!!

36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Snow! Your ring is lovely!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

sparklish

Shiny_Rock
A big congrats and I LOVE your beautiful ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
WooHoo for SnowHappy! Congratulations and what a great story!

CAn''t wait to see more pics when your batteries are charged again....

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I love the surprise proposal! I also love the detail on your ring!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
snow_happy! Congratulations! I''m so happy for you! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the detail!

Also I think you are lucky graduate #50. :) There isn''t actually a prize (you already HAVE your prize!!).. but its still special!
1.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!!!! love the story and the ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Here are better pictures but still not that great. I didn''t think my camera was THIS bad.
7.gif
Any advice? I''ve tried macro mode, putting the camera on a flat surface, etc... but I really want to take some pictures like chellebelle did with her ring and the flower. *sigh*

jh_ring_side2.jpg

jh_ring_upsidedown.jpg

jh_ring_front2.jpg

I will work on getting better pictures I just wish everyone could see how beautiful it is in real life! Any suggestions are definitely welcome
5.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
One more hehehe...
2.gif

jh_ring_top_good.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results