shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay! Wedding Bands have been ordered!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know whether or not my band will have the emeralds in it that we''d been talking about getting, because the jeweler wasn''t there today to confirm the price difference or his suggestions as to how it''d look, but we ordered it, with the availability to change to a special order once it comes in, if Paul decides to do the emeralds after all.

His band is going to be a hammered finish white gold. He finally decided that white gold is better looking on him than yellow gold. Yay! We''ll match colors after all. He''s still kind of teetering between the hammered finish and the satin finish, though. We have until Wednesday when the order goes out to make a *final decision.* Here''s hoping he makes it! He''s just so tedious in making the *most informed, best decision,* as he puts it.

What fun it was to get what will be our wedding bands! YAY!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher,
I''m excited for you! I''m sure it was a great feeling to order the bands and fun that you two will match. I would like to match too but my bf prefers yellow gold so not sure it will happen. I really like the hammered finish. After I saw the band you and Paul were interested in, I showed the pic to my bf but he prefers the standard, shinier look.
7.gif
But still exciting to even think about!

Congratulations!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Paul informed me that I forgot to mention that we got the opportunity to loupe *if that''s spelled right* our engagement ring and he just thought it looked great. Granted, neither of us really know what to look for, but it was fun none-the-less. :) The saleswoman also said she''d never seen a ring that seemed to *fit* a person as mine did. Again, she didn''t know me from Jack, so it was just a mindless comment, I think, but I know it''s true, so I had to share.
9.gif

I''ve also been informed by my boy to notify you on more detail about the rings: his is white gold, 6mm, hammered around the wide part, with a smooth finish on either edge. He likes it. But still is teetering. I''ll let you know as the decision is fully made.

Mine is one of those *dipped down* rings, so that the head of my engagement ring can be cupped from underneath, in hopes that it will sit almost flush. It''s hard to tell if it will be an exact fit, because the ring in the store is several sizes too big for me. It has 12 *TEENY TINY* diamonds across the top, which, when put in my size, will wrap around the sizes a good bit. It totals 1/10 of a carat so you have an idea of how small the diamonds are. They assured me if I don''t feel like the one we actually receive has diamonds that match closely in color, it''s not a problem to request a closer match. I fully intend to take advantage of that, and I''m sure the saleswoman was sure of that, too.
1.gif
We *may* have the third or fourth diamond up from either side replaced with an emerald of the same tiny size, just so I can have a piece of my *HUSBAND''S* birth stone with me, always. Originally, we''d thought of doing it on either end, but that''s when I thought I''d like a band with 5 stones across the top. Now that there are 12, the emeralds would be covered up by my pinky and middle finger.

That''s the best I can do at explaining our bands.

Can you tell I''m SO excited to have the actual wedding bands in the works now? Oh good grief, I am, I am!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock

Talked to Paul; he has an appointment to go in next week to see what the ring would look like with the emeralds in it, and if he likes it, we''re a go. Otherwise, they''ll put the diamonds back in and it''ll come as it is. He''s been looking up information on emeralds, so he''ll be able to make an *informed decision.* He says he thinks he''ll keep it a surprise from me. We''ll see how long that lasts, though!!

31.gif

He''s still trying to decide what he wants, for sure, for his ring. Both are on hold as of now, but that''ll only last a couple days.

I love that he''s putting so much thought into this. Makes me smile!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Here are links from Kay that look similar to the two rings Paul is debating between. They''re not exact, though. We looked at Kay and the jeweler we''re working with has much heavier, substantial feeling bands, which Paul prefers.

The milgrained, 4.5mm comfort fit:

http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayEnlargeView?langId=-1&storeId=10101&catalogId=10001&imgDir=2420&partNumber=242000901

The 6mm hammered finish:

http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayEnlargeView?langId=-1&storeId=10101&catalogId=10001&imgDir=2510&partNumber=251001905

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting!
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
What is the name of the wedding band that dips downward, to make a groove for the solitaire to rest in? I've been trying to find a picture similar to mine, in hopes that someone can photoshop it with the emeralds, but I can't find a picture because I don't know what to call it!

**Any ideas how I can do a web search for one of those bands that have the dip in the center, to cuddle against a low sitting solitaire? I don't know what to search under, because I don't know the name of the band.**

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock

Anyone have any ideas as to what to search under for a name of the wedding band that curves around the engagement ring, in cases where the solitaire sits low? I can''t seem to come up with the right term for an internet search, so I can post a picture similar to what my band will look like.

Thank you for the help!

9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to also mention that Paul chose the 4.5mm comfort fit, after all. Off to get that set up today! Yay!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results