shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY! I''ve achieved my goal of doing down to 106lb and size 2!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif

I was quite heavy during the summer last year. At one point when I was really heavy, I was 118lbs. I think I kept piling on the weight after that, but was too scared to continue to weigh myself. I just didn't want to know! At one point, I could barely fit into a size 6 and believe you me at 5'2" (and a small-frame), that was a lot of fat on me. To make it worse, most of the fat was around my tummy and waist which is the most unhealthy and dangerous fat of all to have.

I started losing weight in Nov & Dec last year and also started a new workout regime, healthy eating schedule around Jan/ Feb. I've also been drinking my own herbal tea on a daily basis and cut down on the booze too.

It feels soooooo good to finally fit back into my 'skinny' clothes, not to mention that I feel so much heathier and fitter now. I'm also glad to have gone down from a 34 double C to a much lighter 32B.
3.gif
9.gif

Just thought I'd share it with you, PS'ers!
9.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
How did you turn your weight gain spiral around and stop that slippery slope of just getting fatter and fatter? Well done!!!! I would love some inspiration for myself.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 7:04:45 AM
Author: Sharon101
How did you turn your weight gain spiral around and stop that slippery slope of just getting fatter and fatter? Well done!!!! I would love some inspiration for myself.
Thank you, Sharon. I think the turning point for me was when I had to go buy a size 6 dress for a function as I had nothing else to wear that would fit and I almost broke down in tears! I was also disgusted with my reflection in the mirror, not to mention the horrible cellulite. I can't remember any other time in my life when I was so fat and unhealthy.

ETA: Actually, I think I may have been as heavy as 122lbs or even heavier. The 118lbs stuck on my brain as I was thinking at the time "enough already!!" but I still didn't really do anything about it. Knowing you're overweighed is one thing but doing something about it is something else entirely. I wish I could post pics for you guys to see.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I''m a 6 and it''s the smallest I''ve ever been! It''s so funny to hear different people''s impression of size, etc. I''m also 5''7" and pretty athletically built though.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great news. Abdominal fat on women can really raise the risk of heart disease and diabetes. So in addition to getting your sexy self back, you may have added years to your life.
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:03:57 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
LOL I'm a 6 and it's the smallest I've ever been! It's so funny to hear different people's impression of size, etc. I'm also 5'7' and pretty athletically built though.
I actually think you're at the perfect size for your height, esp if you're athletically built. My best friend is 5'7 1/2", almost 5'8" and she's only a size 4. I think she's far too skinny and so does everyone else.

I have a tiny tiny frame. My shoulders are not broad, though not too small. My wrists and ankles are tiny. Whenever I try on a bracelet, inevitably it's at least a couple of links too long. Luckily I live in Asia now. When I was living in the UK, I almost always had to buy kids' clothes or super super petite cuts, but then most of the time the bust wouldn't fit for blouses and dresses!
2.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:46:41 AM
Author: mayachel
That''s great news. Abdominal fat on women can really raise the risk of heart disease and diabetes. So in addition to getting your sexy self back, you may have added years to your life.
36.gif
Thank you so much. Yes, abdominal fat is a killer, literally!! That''s one of the main reasons, if not THE reason, for me to want to lose weight.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, congrats! It sounds like all your hard work has really paid off. It does feel good, doesn''t it??
36.gif

I hate you.
11.gif
JUST kidding! I have a few lbs. to lose myself, and a short time to do it.
39.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
LOL I''m a 6 and it''s the smallest I''ve ever been! It''s so funny to hear different people''s impression of size, etc. I''m also 5''7'' and pretty athletically built though.
Haha, ditto that Hudson! I''m delighted with myself!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 10:14:59 AM
Author: Ellen
Phoenix, congrats! It sounds like all your hard work has really paid off. It does feel good, doesn't it??
36.gif

I hate you.
11.gif
JUST kidding! I have a few lbs. to lose myself, and a short time to do it.
39.gif
Yes, ma'am! It feels soooo darn gooooood!
9.gif

Oh don't hate me
1.gif
. I really struggled, particularly as you know I have that Thyroid disorder. I'm sure you can do it, Ellen. If I can do it, I am sure you can. Good luck.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 10:15:29 AM
Author: Porridge

LOL I'm a 6 and it's the smallest I've ever been! It's so funny to hear different people's impression of size, etc. I'm also 5'7' and pretty athletically built though.
Haha, ditto that Hudson! I'm delighted with myself!!
He he, you ladies are too funny.

I wish I was 5'7". Oh well, not much I can do about my height! [pouting lips].

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
LOL I''m a 6 and it''s the smallest I''ve ever been! It''s so funny to hear different people''s impression of size, etc. I''m also 5''7'' and pretty athletically built though.
yeah I''m an 8 sometimes a 10 (in pants, in dresses I''m a 4) . But I have WIDE hips, when I weighed 110 pounds (5''6 here) I could never wiggly myself into anything smaller! Just my body.
I wish I could get into a 6 sometimes! Sometimes I think people percieve there body in unrealistic ways. I know I will never be a 2 - 4- prob even a 6 and I''m happy toned and fit so it''s all gravy!

and congrats Pheonix!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 11:35:59 AM
Author: ckrickett

yeah I'm an 8 sometimes a 10 (in pants, in dresses I'm a 4) . But I have WIDE hips, when I weighed 110 pounds (5'6 here) I could never wiggly myself into anything smaller! Just my body.
I wish I could get into a 6 sometimes! Sometimes I think people percieve there body in unrealistic ways. I know I will never be a 2 - 4- prob even a 6 and I'm happy toned and fit so it's all gravy!

and congrats Pheonix!
Thank you for the congrats.

I think (and hope) that most people know what's the best weight and size for them, for their height, frame, age etc. Unfortunately, even though people know this, pressure from society as a whole, friends, colleagues etc. tend to make some people have unrealistic expectations of themselves, because that's how they perceive others want them to be.

When I was living in Hong Kong, I was between a size 0 and a 2, most of my colleagues thought I was "too fat", sometimes they even said so to my face. Just because I was not anorexic like most of them
11.gif
! I remembered our group secretary told me not to eat anything on my wedding day lest I couldn't fit into my wedding dress. I basically just laughed it off because I knew it was ridiculous. I even sent the secretary a picture of me tucking into a plate of English breakfast (bacon, eggs, toast etc) on my wedding morning, LOL!

As you get older, you become bigger and heavier. That's just a fact of life. I know I will never be a zero again nor will I want to be so. The last time I was a zero, I was in my teens. Fast forward a couple of decades (well, a little over two decades, LOL), I don't want to be that skinny. I know my face will look gaunt and I will just not look healthy.

Sure, being slim and being able to fit into a size 2 feel so darn good, but the most important thing for anyone is to be fit and healthy. As long as your BMI and body fat are within the normal range and you feel fantastic, those are the most important things, you cannot ask for more.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats, I am so happy for you! That is great news!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 12:34:48 PM
Author: vespergirl
Yay! Congrats, I am so happy for you! That is great news!
Thank you, Vespergirl. I appreciate it.

You know you inspired me with your weight loss thread, right? I have to thank you for that.

How are you doing?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 12:30:29 PM
Author: Phoenix

yeah I''m an 8 sometimes a 10 (in pants, in dresses I''m a 4) . But I have WIDE hips, when I weighed 110 pounds (5''6 here) I could never wiggly myself into anything smaller! Just my body.
I wish I could get into a 6 sometimes! Sometimes I think people percieve there body in unrealistic ways. I know I will never be a 2 - 4- prob even a 6 and I''m happy toned and fit so it''s all gravy!

and congrats Pheonix!

I think (and hope) that most people know what''s the best weight and size for them, for their height, frame, age etc.
HI:

Right. I do not guage my size based on other''s perceptions; as I am on my own train. I am 5''6", 112 lbs and have been that most of my adult life, but for pregnancy. I am athletic, and exercise on a daily basiis, but most importantly I eat right. Our lifestyle--my family-- is one of wellness and health prevention. We do not live to eat, but eat tio live. As a result, we never get sick.

I am glad you feel healtheir Phoenix--b/c worrying about that others think of our appearnace is not my ideal of "healthy".

Keep up the good work.

in health--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 10:19:09 AM

Yes, ma''am! It feels soooo darn gooooood!
9.gif

Oh don''t hate me
1.gif
. I really struggled, particularly as you know I have that Thyroid disorder. I''m sure you can do it, Ellen. If I can do it, I am sure you can. Good luck.
Oh goodness, I could never really hate you. And yeah, I can do it, I just have to get moving.
11.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 12:43:40 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 3/22/2009 12:30:29 PM

and congrats Pheonix!

I think (and hope) that most people know what''s the best weight and size for them, for their height, frame, age etc.
HI:

Right. I do not guage my size based on other''s perceptions; as I am on my own train. I am 5''6'', 112 lbs and have been that most of my adult life, but for pregnancy. I am athletic, and exercise on a daily basiis, but most importantly I eat right. Our lifestyle--my family-- is one of wellness and health prevention. We do not live to eat, but eat tio live. As a result, we never get sick.

I am glad you feel healtheir Phoenix--b/c worrying about that others think of our appearnace is not my ideal of ''healthy''.

Keep up the good work.

in health--Sharon
That is so FANTASTIC, Sharon! Your lifestyle is now my new motto of life!
36.gif
. I cannot imagine what it''ll be like not to ever be sick, though it is true that since i started losing the weight and eating more healthily, I''ve hardly got sick. Even if I catch a cold, it rarely lasts for more than 24 hours, whereas before it''d last for days, sometimes weeks, even months.

Thank you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 12:49:55 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/22/2009 10:19:09 AM

Yes, ma''am! It feels soooo darn gooooood!
9.gif

Oh don''t hate me
1.gif
. I really struggled, particularly as you know I have that Thyroid disorder. I''m sure you can do it, Ellen. If I can do it, I am sure you can. Good luck.
Oh goodness, I could never really hate you. And yeah, I can do it, I just have to get moving.
11.gif
He he, I know you were kidding. I love ya, you know that, right? Just wanted to tell you that before I go to bed. ''night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I am very excited for you.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, Phoenix! That''s really wonderful!

I have to laugh, because I can''t even remember ever weighing 106 lbs. I''m 5''9.5", and I wear between a size 6 and a 10, depending on the time of year. (I hibernate during the winter months. It''s not pretty.) At my smallest I''m around 145, so it was just funny to read that you felt fat at 122. I totally get it, though. I have a pretty athletic build, though you wouldn''t be able to see it in our wedding pictures; I was on the heavier end of my spectrum for our wedding.

Anyway, you should be really proud of yourself! I''m sure it feels so good to be back at your ideal weight.

Canukgal--I never get sick, either. My secret is lots and lots of water, and no meds. (And I''m surrounded by yucky high school students every day! I don''t even want to imagine what they''re carrying around with them.)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, I know how good that must feel to get back to yourself. What kind of exercise regime did you do?
I''m 5''6, 118lbs., size 4-6. (or used to be!) Almost all of my pants from last summer are too tight. I''m mad I let my self pack on
the weight over the holidays. I''ve got to get the fat off my upper hips - that''s where it always goes!! So, what did you do?

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It''s amazing how much of a difference a few pounds can make when you''ve got a very petite frame. I''m 5''2'''' myself and have always weighed about 100 lbs. However, I fell victim to the dreaded "Freshman 15" and packed on some extra pounds during my first year away from home at college, which were magnified by my small frame. I told my mom (who is about 5''10'''' tall) about it and she said "that''s just a few pounds, don''t worry that''s nothing!" But when I went back home for the holidays to be with my family, everyone was commenting on my weight gain (and not necessarily in a positive way
20.gif
). So, a weight gain that might seem negligible to a tall person, can actually make a big difference in a petite/small framed body. It''s just like my two chihuahuas: one is large-boned, lean, and muscular at 6.5 pounds while the other one is small-boned and heavily overweight at 4 pounds (the large-boned one would look emaciated at that weight!).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 1:53:24 PM
Author: marcyc
Congratulations! I am very excited for you.
Thank you, Marcy. That''s very sweet of you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 6:51:24 PM
Author: Haven
CONGRATULATIONS, Phoenix! That''s really wonderful!

I have to laugh, because I can''t even remember ever weighing 106 lbs. I''m 5''9.5'', and I wear between a size 6 and a 10, depending on the time of year. (I hibernate during the winter months. It''s not pretty.) At my smallest I''m around 145, so it was just funny to read that you felt fat at 122. I totally get it, though. I have a pretty athletic build, though you wouldn''t be able to see it in our wedding pictures; I was on the heavier end of my spectrum for our wedding.

Anyway, you should be really proud of yourself! I''m sure it feels so good to be back at your ideal weight.

Canukgal--I never get sick, either. My secret is lots and lots of water, and no meds. (And I''m surrounded by yucky high school students every day! I don''t even want to imagine what they''re carrying around with them.)
Thank you, Haven. It does feel very good indeed.
9.gif

Wow, I can''t believe that there are people out there, like you and Sharon, who never get sick. I do wish that that was me. I drink lots of water myself, like 8-10 glasses a day. How much do you drink?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 8:54:26 PM
Author: bebe
Phoenix, I know how good that must feel to get back to yourself. What kind of exercise regime did you do?
I'm 5'6, 118lbs., size 4-6. (or used to be!) Almost all of my pants from last summer are too tight. I'm mad I let my self pack on
the weight over the holidays. I've got to get the fat off my upper hips - that's where it always goes!! So, what did you do?
Thank you, Bebe (LOVE yr GORGEOUS ring btw
30.gif
30.gif
, definitely one my favs on PS'ers or even IRL).

I understand where you're coming from. At 5'6 and 118lbs, you're definitely within the normal BMI range. But even if one is within the range, one might still have shall we say "problem areas". Mine was my tummy and waist, though I was sick of the cellulite on errrmm...my butt and the back of my thighs, and my hips were bigger too (my hips were 36" and now they're 34").

Well, to answer your question, there are various things I've done:

1) I've started eating breakfast every day, after not having done so for most of my adult life. You know, it's true once you stop eating your body shuts down or slows down and then as soon as you eat anything, it'll just get digested and metabolised very slowly and sluggishly, leaving the extra calories as the unwanted fat.

2) I drink my herbal tea everyday, which helps to flush out toxins. I know you can't get this (at least not yet anyway
2.gif
), but try to drink Japanese green tea or even Chinese tea, particularly in the morning (but throughout the day if you can, if you're not sensitive to caffeine like I am) just as soon as you get up, before you even get a chance to eat yr b/f. Just buy the tea bags variety, I'm all about quick and convenient, LOL.

3) To answer your Q about exercise routine, when I started this new workout regime, I used to go to the gym 5 times a week, of which 3 would also involve weights. Now I go 3 times a week and try to do weights 2 of those 3 times. I'd do one hour of cardio first, but vary the intensity. Don't do at the same pace, you burn fat faster if you "challenge" you body by "fooling" it into short stops, and then start again at a higher speed). I do it on what I think you guys call elliptical machine (sp?). I call it the "space machine", LOL, because it looks like you're walking on the moon when you do it, he he. I vary the intensity between 7or 8 and 2 or3, I may even pause for like 30 seconds, before I go at it again like a woman possessed, LOL!!

If I'm really good, I may do another half an hour of cardio after the weights. Maybe light running (I don't do much intense running as it's hard on my knees, given the frequency at which I work out) or stair-master.

For the weights, I use loose weights mostly for my arms and upper body but for lower body, I definitely use machines. I don't know what they're called, but you know those where you squeeze your thighs, either inwards or outwards (they always come in pairs, so you can exercise both your inner upper thighs as well as your outer upper thighs).

And, lunges. Yes, definitely lunges. I swear by those to get those buns into shape. I do three sets of those each time and do make sure to squeeze those buns!
2.gif
1.gif

4) Last but not least, on the subject of healthier eating, I've cut down on my booze consumption. My hubby and I used to have at least one or two glasses of wine everyday, almost without fail. Now, I only drink it at the weekend and/ or when we go out. If I drink during the week, it'll only be a half of a small glass and only once or twice a week on weekdays. It's amazing how much healthier you feel without the booze and I really do think that the booze helps the build-up of fat and cellulite.

Good luck. Keep us updated.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:13:49 PM
Author: RubyCharm
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It's amazing how much of a difference a few pounds can make when you've got a very petite frame. I'm 5'2' myself and have always weighed about 100 lbs. However, I fell victim to the dreaded 'Freshman 15' and packed on some extra pounds during my first year away from home at college, which were magnified by my small frame. I told my mom (who is about 5'10' tall) about it and she said 'that's just a few pounds, don't worry that's nothing!' But when I went back home for the holidays to be with my family, everyone was commenting on my weight gain (and not necessarily in a positive way
20.gif
). So, a weight gain that might seem negligible to a tall person, can actually make a big difference in a petite/small framed body. It's just like my two chihuahuas: one is large-boned, lean, and muscular at 6.5 pounds while the other one is small-boned and heavily overweight at 4 pounds (the large-boned one would look emaciated at that weight!).
Thank you for your congrats. That's very sweet of you.

I definitely agree with you on the small frame thing. Even a weight gain of a couple of pounds would be magnified on us, and it'd be like a weight gain of 6-7lbs on someone three-four inches taller, I reckon. People kept saying to me 118lbs or even 122lbs was not a lot, but it *is* on someone that small. Everything and I mean everything showed!! As mentioned, the worst for me was definitely my belly and waist. It was HORRIBLE!! My fat was spilling over my trousers (even those few that I managed to button up. Most of the time, I used safety pins because they just wouldn't button up. I actually resorted to buying trousers and skirts with an elasticated waist!!) and don't even talk to me about any top that's a tiinnnny bit too tight. You could literally see the huge roll of fat around my tummy!! It was not pleasant, I tell ya, not for me or anyone else around me!
7.gif

In fact, it's comments like oh
Another thing is the fat built up on my face too. I looked like a moon-cake! It really was horrible.

I love your analogy. It's hilarious, but oh so true!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, thanks for your reply. Sounds like you have a great routine. I have zero motivation. I know what I need to do, but don''t.
Being thin for my entire life was a given. Now that I''ve gone past a certain age, the weight is creeping up on me and now I do need
to do something about it. I have gym equipment in my house and don''t use it - how awful is that! LOL. I need to find the energy
to move everyday. I couldn''t imagine doing cardio as much as you do - wow! You must be in fantastic shape!

(Thank you for your comment regarding my ring. I''m disappointed in it. For the second time, someone has said, "that''s 4cts?" The center
diamond looks soooo small for a 4ct''er. Too late now and too much money involved. )

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 12:18:12 AM
Author: bebe
Phoenix, thanks for your reply. Sounds like you have a great routine. I have zero motivation. I know what I need to do, but don't.
Being thin for my entire life was a given. Now that I've gone past a certain age, the weight is creeping up on me and now I do need
to do something about it. I have gym equipment in my house and don't use it - how awful is that! LOL. I need to find the energy
to move everyday. I couldn't imagine doing cardio as much as you do - wow! You must be in fantastic shape!

(Thank you for your comment regarding my ring. I'm disappointed in it. For the second time, someone has said, 'that's 4cts?' The center
diamond looks soooo small for a 4ct'er. Too late now and too much money involved. )
No worries. You're very welcome.

Actually, I had home gym equipment too and guess how many times I used it for the 2 years we had it? I can count the number of my hand, LOL. And I hear ya on the age thing and weight creeping up!

They key is to get yourself to a gym or get someone else to do it with you. You'll def be more motivated once you've started. It's really really hard to not exercise because then you get used to not doing it. Once've you've started going to the gym and seen the effect, you'll keep on doing it. And you'll feel it too, that's the greatest thing of all!

Don't be disapointed abt your ring. It's absolutely GORGEOUS, a KNOCKOUT!!
30.gif
. Ya know, most people IRL haven't a clue on what a 2, 3 or 4 carat should look like. When I first got my 3ct, quite a few people asked me if it was a 2ct and they still do it. I was really paranoid at first, even went around and compared a bunch of 2 caraters to mine, and guess what, there's def a size difference! So, don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says. *You* know that it's a 4ct and a magnificent ring at that. It's classy, it's TDF!! It's what you know that's all that matters. Just enjoy it, really! (or if you really don't want it, send it my way!! JUST KIDDING!! he he, that baby is just TDF!!).

On the flip side, just to prove my point that people IRL really don't know much abt carat size, or colour or clarity, for that matter. You know my pear-shaped ring? Given that it's a pear and a bit spreadier and it has a (tiny) halo. Practically everyone that's looked at it has asked me whether it's a 6ct and it's only 3.50ct!! And it's an H and someone asked me the other day if it's an E!!

(ETA: There was a slight typo in my previous post. My hips are actually more like 34.5 inches. I aim to get them to 34 by doing it more exercise to tone up my butts
2.gif
).

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Cogratulations you must be so proud of yourself. It''s great to see hardwork payoff. I love to workout and I''m motivated by the changes in my body I see. Good for you
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results