shape
carat
color
clarity

YAY CHANGES TO MY RING!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

23gb9v

Rough_Rock
I was on this forum a few weeks ago, wallowing in my dissapointment in people''s reaction to my ring.....pretty pathetic, I know :) Anyways, even though I stated that I decided not to make any changes, I went for it and I just got it back yesterday! I slimmed the shank down, the jeweler was wonderful in making my vision come true. I am SO happy with the results and I feel like my diamond is finally getting the proper "showing" that it deserves!

Details: 1.23 ct champagne diamond, it has some pink hues to it, but overall it changes with whatever lighting it is in. White gold half bezel setting, yellow gold band.

I''m so giddy! here is the new one, i will post the "old" version too. I will try to get better pictures later.

Question: can anyone explain why my ring doesnt have so much brilliance in direct sunshine? it''s most gorgeous when it is dusk outside:)

thanks to everyone who gave me advice!

yaynew.jpg

23gb9v

Rough_Rock
my old band that was thicker.....

olderthickerring.jpg

23gb9v

Rough_Rock
one more of the new slimmer band.....i feel ridiculous that such a little change makes such an impact on my giddiness :)

36.gif

bigzoomin.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really does make the stone stand out more. And that''s such a pretty stone that it deserves to overshadow the setting.

Indirect lighting is best for diamond viewing, just is. Direct sunlight is great for viewing the facets tho.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great! I am so happy you are pleased with it!

And the reason it goes dark in bright light is likely because it is well cut!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks a little better. Can anything be done to the bezel? It doesn''t look proportionate to the shank now.

As for direct lighting - no diamond can handle direct lighting. As mentioned by the above posters, the best lighting is in the shade outdoors, overhead spotlighting and dim lighting.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Deffinatly makes a big differance, your stone looks much bigger more and the slimmer shank is just more feminie. Congrats

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Really delicate and pretty. That stone is really gorgeous. Enjoy!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results