shape
carat
color
clarity

Yard sale find today!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, at a yard sale, I found a 14k watch chain necklace.
18 in. long, 1/4 in. wide, marked 14k, yellow gold.
Weighs in at 22.55 grams. Cost me $2.00. :dance:
Yay!! This is what I live for, people!!!

_37576.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. That's a STEAL. Great sleuthing!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found lots of great jewelry at yard sales, but this is probably the best for me yet.
It had a gold plated brass hair locket (no hair inside) attached, but the locket was damaged, so I removed it.
The watch chain and locket were probably both 1870s-1900.
I can't wait to wear it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome!!!

I LOVE coming across treasures at garage sales and thrift stores!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWESOME FIND!!! :appl: :wavey: :appl: You go!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good going Stracci! I love a good find and I love a great deal. :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Wow thats an amazing find!!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool find! Congrats!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHOA!!! What a steal!! :love: :dance: :dance:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find!

DK :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SCORE!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Great find.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What!?! Wow, what a great find!!! Keep on lookin!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a find!
I LOVE to find stuff like this but never have found anything that good. I have to be real though, I'm not sure if I would have noticed the marking at the sale that I would have felt good about only paying 2$ for it. A thirft store I wouldn't have cared but I enjoy yard sales I wouldn’t have felt right scoring hundreds of dollars worth of gold-that they likely didn't know what they had-for 2$. I likely would have offered them 50-100$ for it-still getting a great deal but not feeling like I stole it from unwitting sellers. That's just me though and only in the past few years that I have developed that. I feel like I would be taking advantage of someones ignorance-which makes the world go around I understand-but if the situation had been reversed and I was selling something for way under value-gold or not-I would hope someone do something like that. I likely get it from my father in law who will find great deals at yard sales and if it's too good of a deal he doesn't feel right and actually offers them more-say a 10$ item he gives them 20$ for since it's worth a LOT more than the 20$ he felt he was still getting a good deal for.

I'd love to see where the hair was, I find mourning jewellery quite unique and interesting. To have an empty one locket would prove to be fun-what fits in there :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vintagelover,
I have been attending yard/garage sales since I was a kid. This is how yard sales work. This lady wanted 2.00 for this chain. This woman didn't know what she had, and I did. She had the chain and didn't want it. I saw it and wanted it.
I am not going to yard sales to educate people about valuable items. I'm going there to FIND valuable items.
Also, I have no intention of making money by selling this chain. I love jewelry and I will be wearing it, as I stated in my second post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results