shape
carat
color
clarity

Yard sale find today!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today, at a yard sale, I found a 14k watch chain necklace.
18 in. long, 1/4 in. wide, marked 14k, yellow gold.
Weighs in at 22.55 grams. Cost me $2.00. :dance:
Yay!! This is what I live for, people!!!

_37576.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. That's a STEAL. Great sleuthing!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found lots of great jewelry at yard sales, but this is probably the best for me yet.
It had a gold plated brass hair locket (no hair inside) attached, but the locket was damaged, so I removed it.
The watch chain and locket were probably both 1870s-1900.
I can't wait to wear it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome!!!

I LOVE coming across treasures at garage sales and thrift stores!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good going Stracci! I love a good find and I love a great deal. :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Wow thats an amazing find!!!

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find!

DK :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What!?! Wow, what a great find!!! Keep on lookin!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a find!
I LOVE to find stuff like this but never have found anything that good. I have to be real though, I'm not sure if I would have noticed the marking at the sale that I would have felt good about only paying 2$ for it. A thirft store I wouldn't have cared but I enjoy yard sales I wouldn’t have felt right scoring hundreds of dollars worth of gold-that they likely didn't know what they had-for 2$. I likely would have offered them 50-100$ for it-still getting a great deal but not feeling like I stole it from unwitting sellers. That's just me though and only in the past few years that I have developed that. I feel like I would be taking advantage of someones ignorance-which makes the world go around I understand-but if the situation had been reversed and I was selling something for way under value-gold or not-I would hope someone do something like that. I likely get it from my father in law who will find great deals at yard sales and if it's too good of a deal he doesn't feel right and actually offers them more-say a 10$ item he gives them 20$ for since it's worth a LOT more than the 20$ he felt he was still getting a good deal for.

I'd love to see where the hair was, I find mourning jewellery quite unique and interesting. To have an empty one locket would prove to be fun-what fits in there :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vintagelover,
I have been attending yard/garage sales since I was a kid. This is how yard sales work. This lady wanted 2.00 for this chain. This woman didn't know what she had, and I did. She had the chain and didn't want it. I saw it and wanted it.
I am not going to yard sales to educate people about valuable items. I'm going there to FIND valuable items.
Also, I have no intention of making money by selling this chain. I love jewelry and I will be wearing it, as I stated in my second post.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.