shape
carat
color
clarity

Yah, I have an announcement to make too...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock

...psych.. Just kidding, I really do have an announcement to make, it''s just not of the preggo type - lol! We set a date for our wedding. We''re getting married on April 23, 2009 at St. Stanislaus Church in La Romana, DR. I''m beyond excited because this is a little church that I''ve had my heart set on getting married in for the last couple of years and now that it''s confirmed I''m thrilled!

Here''s a picture of the church. It''s located in a Spanish-inspired cultural/artists'' village called Altos de Chavon.
Isn''t it beautiful? I''m in love
9.gif

St Stanislaus.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

9.gif

i love it!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
And, for anyone who cares, here''s a link to more pictures of the church and village. It''s so rustic and pretty and just perfect for the kind of intimate and Latin-inspired feel we want for our wedding. Okay, can you tell I''m excited?

http://www.pbase.com/2112/altos_de_chavon

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 2:09:42 PM
Author: jcarlylew
23.gif
9.gif

i love it!
Thanks! That''s how I feel about it too
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, it is gorgeous!!! congrats, you scared me w/the announcement! LOL LOL
9.gif
36.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
i love it! very unique, rustic and original!!! blk and white pics r going to look amazing!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wow that church is gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
Congrats on getting a huge thing checked off, yaaay!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!!!!! And you''re getting married the day after my birthday!!!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That''s a gorgeous venue. The scope for planning a beautiful wedding there is immense. I don''t blame you for being excited - I''m kind of excited, and I just get to see pics! (Right? Right?)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous place to get married! The pics are going to look stunning !
36.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy – thanks! Haha, I figured the header of my thread would grab everyone’s attention – lol
3.gif

ILTW – thank you! Those are all the things we love about it too
1.gif
I agree that the site ought to make for some really pretty pictures.

Sarah – yah! Thanks, it feels great to have this taken care of; now we’ve just got to solidify arrangements with a hotel and then we can send out our invitations
36.gif

Freke – thank you! You’ve been quiet around here these days, how’re you doing? FI and I actually wanted to get married on April 22, but the priest couldn’t do it – I’ll still have a drink or two for you though
31.gif

Pjean – you’re so cute and super sweet, thanks! You’re getting me all excited again
9.gif

Honey – thank you! Now, it’s your turn – when are we going to see pix of your wedding venue
31.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s awesome!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! The venue is perfect.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 7:03:11 PM
Author: pocahontas
Skippy – thanks! Haha, I figured the header of my thread would grab everyone’s attention – lol
3.gif
It did and it made me Laugh! hehe
9.gif
Do you have any pictures of the church inside, it is so cool looking!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Yay! that''s also great!!! Good luck with all the planning! That church looks pretty cool!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re terrible, I clicked on it because I said "I have to make sure I don''t forget anyone who announced they''re pregnant!)

But anyway - the place is gorgeous, and how special that it''s a place you had your heart set on! Congrats on setting the date, too!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Thing2, Harriet, 04Diamond – Thank you so much
9.gif

Claudinam – haha! You’re funny! I swear I won’t make anymore “false” announcements
3.gif
31.gif
Thanks, I'm pretty excited that everything seems to be coming together. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the hotel we want works out too.

Skippy – at your request… It's hard to tell, but behind the iron gate is the altar. I'm guessing it's this way to protect everything from tourists when the church is not being used for a mass or wedding ceremony.

altos-church.1.jpg

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Another pic of the inside...

altos-church.2.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it is so beautiful!!! How incredible!!! Thank you for sharing, I am so excited for you honey!!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy
9.gif
As usual, you're always full of support and kind words
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results