shape
carat
color
clarity

WWYD with a big-ish badly cut diamond? Or pre-PS diamond?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
It’s a beautiful ring @Indylady . I would love to have a ring like this to share and make one day for my small neices when they get older. The story behind it makes it uniquely special besides being stunningly beautiful. Thank you sharing this story. Do you mind it I consider having something similar made?

This ring would have occupied my nieces for quite a long time when they were little and occupy one of their daughters now. A couple of my nieces were jewelry girls. We had a family funeral that had quite a long service. Three of my nieces had asked to sit with me at the service. They sat silently for the entire service passing my jewelry back and forth wearing and trying different pieces on. The girls were 3 6 and 7 at the time. My SIL’s couldn’t believe they were quite the whole time. After the service was over the 6 year told her mom she was so happy because they got to wear my jewelry the whole time.

What a beautiful piece to wear and have made for my younger ones when the are older day with lots of happy memories behind the pieces.

Your story really touched my heart.

Callie, thank you so much!! I love your posts and am so delighted that you liked my ring and the story behind it. :kiss2::roll2: Of course, please do feel free to have a similar ring made and I look forward to seeing it one day! I've already been dreaming of another floral piece, perhaps with marquises as leaves, and also mixing up the flower shapes with three stone, five stone, and six stone flowers (mine are all six stone, but different sizes), or making the center of a gemstone flower a diamond; I have way too many ideas on this topic :mrgreen2::lol-2::twisted2:. How lovely that your nieces love jewelry and that they get to enjoy your jewelry (and that you were a cool aunt that was happy and willing to let your nieces try your jewelry)!! It sounds like your pieces left quite the impression on them :kiss2:; its sometimes even hard to keep adults seated and quiet through a long service! 3, 6, and 7 sounds like the Christmas service I went to this year--it was a kids services so it was short and sweet, and it was so fun to see the kids all dressed up and wriggly to get out of there by the end. I think some moments with family and heirlooms are really formative; I'm sure your beautiful pieces must have inspired some of their interest and affection for jewelry. My mom loves marquise diamonds because her aunt had a beautiful one, and I love double strand pearls with an a pendant/brooch after seeing my own aunt wear a double strand necklace with a big aqua pendant set asymmetrically to the side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results