shape
carat
color
clarity

WWYD? Re: Travel/Working/Friend

WWYD

• I would travel the very long distance to the not very exciting place for a weekend visit.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I would be fine w/o any travel or visits -- three weeks is nothing! Ask military wives!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s crazy for her to consider traveling with him while they''re short of money. Can''t she spend that three weeks looking for a (better paying) job?
33.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t vote because I couldn''t decide between a couple of the choices. Traveling with my husband (if he were in the same position) would give me something to do, and it would probably be fun to get away. Of course, spending money when you''re on a tight budget, especially when it''s unnecessary, might not be the best choice. Boarding the pets would be expensive, too. Three weeks isn''t really a long time to be gone. Okay, I''ve made up my mind. I wouldn''t go. Actually, part of me might like to have the house to myself for a bit.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:35:52 PM
Author: MC
It''s crazy for her to consider traveling with him while they''re short of money. Can''t she spend that three weeks looking for a (better paying) job?
33.gif

psssst, MC, I think Deco is talking about herself....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:50:38 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Actually, part of me might like to have the house to myself for a bit.
Totally nice to have the house to ones self! But, then again, I live with three guys and and two cats. . .someone is always needing some sort of attention and for once it would be nice to kick back, watch chick flicks and not be covered with cat hair or giggling 50 lbs children. I would paint my nails and drink beer at noon! lol

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:55:23 PM
Author: TravelingGal

It's crazy for her to consider traveling with him while they're short of money. Can't she spend that three weeks looking for a (better paying) job?
33.gif

hehehe - that thought crossed my mind.
3.gif
She should stay home!

My neighbor went to Russia for three weeks and found that boarding her dog was going to cost $25 per day! Luckily she found a neighbor to walk it (and thank god she didn't ask me!) so she save all that. Deco (or friend of Deco), if you do go, can you find a friend to help with your dog? Possibly pay 1/2 of what a doggy boarding place would cost?

ETA - and I totally understand the under employed. . .My dh is planning a trip to Canada and I'm staying home. I have no job, we're moving, and I want to paint my nails and drink beer at noon.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
My FI is gone on 3-ish week business trips (occasionally longer) at least 3-4 times a year. When I''m able to, I go for a weekend, but I wouldn''t if we didn''t have the money for it. More often than not, the distance is way too much for a weekend trip, anyway. It''s hard, for sure, but the first one was probably the hardest and I now know what to expect, so I just try to make a lot of other plans while he''s away to keep myself occupied. Once we have kids, I''m sure I''ll feel differently about the situation, but for now it works okay.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, internets, it is def NOT me. And my husband is def NOT going to be away for three long weeks ... leaving me vulnerable & alone here in this empty, ground level, house way off in the boonies.

And if it was, dear Internets, you should know that I have a very vicious dog (not pictured) and a stockpile of various weaponry. As well as superior JuJitSu skills. Which, I hope you do not realize is most assuredly spelled wrong enough to betray the fact that I am lying about that part. But not about the GUNS & CANINE(S).

Respectfully paranoid,
Deco

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:58:56 PM

33.gif

Sorry to threadjack, Deco, but MC, you''re moving again? Is it another house or another townhouse? Don''t answer if you''d rather not, I just remember you posting about moving to the TH and it seems like it was a short time ago.

Sorry Deco!

3.gif
She should stay home!

My neighbor went to Russia for three weeks and found that boarding her dog was going to cost $25 per day! Luckily she found a neighbor to walk it (and thank god she didn''t ask me!) so she save all that. Deco (or friend of Deco), if you do go, can you find a friend to help with your dog? Possibly pay 1/2 of what a doggy boarding place would cost?

ETA - and I totally understand the under employed. . .My dh is planning a trip to Canada and I''m staying home. I have no job, we''re moving, and I want to paint my nails and drink beer at noon.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 5:04:16 PM
Author: decodelighted
No, internets, it is def NOT me. And my husband is def NOT going to be away for three long weeks ... leaving me vulnerable & alone here in this empty, ground level, house way off in the boonies.

And if it was, dear Internets, you should know that I have a very vicious dog (not pictured) and a stockpile of various weaponry. As well as superior JuJitSu skills. Which, I hope you do not realize is most assuredly spelled wrong enough to know that I am lying about that part. But not about the GUNS & CANINE(S).

Respectfully paranoid,
Deco
She also has a VICIOUS FERAL PET PINK RABBIT!!!

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED INTRUDERS!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:58:56 PM

33.gif

3.gif
She should stay home!

My neighbor went to Russia for three weeks and found that boarding her dog was going to cost $25 per day! Luckily she found a neighbor to walk it (and thank god she didn''t ask me!) so she save all that. Deco (or friend of Deco), if you do go, can you find a friend to help with your dog? Possibly pay 1/2 of what a doggy boarding place would cost?

ETA - and I totally understand the under employed. . .My dh is planning a trip to Canada and I''m staying home. I have no job, we''re moving, and I want to paint my nails and drink beer at noon.

Sorry to threadjack, Deco, but MC, you''re moving again? Is it another house or another townhouse? Don''t answer if you''d rather not, I just remember you posting about moving to the TH and it seems like it was a short time ago.

Sorry Deco!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

And if it was, dear Internets, you should know that I have a very vicious dog (not pictured) and a stockpile of various weaponry. As well as superior JuJitSu skills. Which, I hope you do not realize is most assuredly spelled wrong enough to betray the fact that I am lying about that part. But not about the GUNS & CANINE(S).

Respectfully paranoid,
Deco
Ohh yes, that pink tounge is very deceiving... must feel like the worst kind of sandpaper!! If I had a major artery in my ankle, I'd stay far far away.
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe - yes, yes, yes. . .the townhouse hasn't worked out. DH and I realize it was a huge mistake and found a house to rent. The townhome will be managed by an agency! This was a very spontaneous decision, yes, but the best one we could have made. Two young boys need a back yard.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Respectfully paranoid,
Deco
So, it''s for sure not you? Okay, good. . .don''t want to offend anyone. Man, I need to get offline. I''m so sarcastic right now and going insane with huge piles of liquer store boxes surrounding me. Unfortunely, they''re all filled with books and toys. Nothing fun.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol MC...the weirdo neighbor was the last straw?? happy to hear your boys will have a yard soon!

Deco, forget the guns and canine...get yourself a BAT!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoops I wasn''t reading properly and I clicked the wrong one. What I was meant to click is that I don''t think 3 weeks is that long so I would just let him go (as opposed to meet in an exotic location
1.gif
)

April20

Ideal_Rock
Three weeks for us would be a long time, but every relationship is different. Personally, I''d be cool for the first few days and then I think I''d go nuts by myself. I''d be getting into all sorts of stuff or would end up leaving town to go visit friends or family.

I kind of think that if one is unemployed (as opposed to under employed) and she could travel along with her DH, why not? Especially if the company would pay for her to travel to the location. Continue to look for work from wherever she is if possible and hit it hard when she gets back. The market sucks right now for many job hunting, so why not have a little escape? If the company won''t pay and there''s no extra money for travel, then I''d say stay home and make the best of it.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Clearly I''ve become jaded in my old age. I can''t imagine anyone thinking 3 weeks is a big deal
33.gif

I wouldn''t spend a dime I didn''t have to. After 6 months I''d start thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results