shape
carat
color
clarity

www.gemappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathio22

Rough_Rock
Anyone fimilair with the chart on gemappraisers website? I am not sure which line I should follow, meaning there are two lines of info for each box (ie: Ideal cut has 2 lines of info, etc.)

This is for a princess cut..

Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure I understand what you mean. I guess you are talking about the tables with measurement ranges for princess cuts. Some cells have two intervals of measurements listed, one above the other. To compile the grade of a diamond you should pair up upper-line with upper-line,cell by cell. This table, in fact, could be rewriten as two tables: on containing only the upper-ranges and one containing only the lower ones. This describes two types of cuts with simmilar optic qualities. Hope this helps...

kathio22

Rough_Rock
Great, thank you!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Really the optic quality of the diamionds are not dictated by parameters. However, the quality of the cutting craft is very much told by these parameters. Combine the parameters with brilliancy readings or your own observation of brilliancy and you have a final way to grade or buy a fancy shape.

The 1A class has single grades. It only stands to reason that all parameters diverge in higher or lower ranges after one leaves the 1A "ideal" range.

The AGA parameters will help the consumer and dealer to know a durable and proper width to depth ratio stone. One that has the right mix of beautiful outline and beautiful size appearance. One that is durable, too.

Numbers do not tell the whole story, but you cannot find a well cut fancy outside the AGA chart parameters, for any of the covered shapes. Now, you might find a brilliant fancy in a lower cut class, but you need to then ask, "What is less than perfect with the cut?"... You can then tell by examining the AGA Cut Class charts...

It is so easy and yet it has been a long uphill battle to get dealers to see the logic of the cut grades provided. Strangely, it is consumers who have adopted and better understood the message of what these grades do and , of course, what they don't do....Dealers need to sell every diamond, but consumers can pick and choose.

The best way to understand brilliancy is to compare a few well cut stones and then select from that group....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results