shape
carat
color
clarity

WWT ''''Healthier'''' Recipes Thread...Post Your Recipes Here!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Chicken/Apple Crepe with Yellow Curry Sauce

Ingredients:
All crepe ingredients (see link above)
chicken
granny smith apples
oniion
garlic
lite coconut milk
curry powder
mashed ginger (that''s not the technical name, I buy it prepared in the grocery store)
cumin
cornstarch
cooking spray

First, follow crepe recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1197190 (note you have to chill the dough for an hour, I didn''t and it delayed dinner a bit; it also calls for cooling the crepes after cooking them, I skipped that part and they worked out just fine).

Boil chicken breast then cut into small pieces.

Saute: onions, granny smith apples and a bit of garlic. Add chicken once removed from heat.

Sauce: With a whisk mix lite coconut milk, water, yellow curry powder, ginger, a touch of cumin (and I added cornstarch because I prefer thicker sauce). Heat in saucepan.

Once warmed, add some sauce to your saute pan with chicken mixture. In a baking dish, sprayed with no stick spray, place a crepe, add some of the chicken mixture, wrap. Repeat. Broil for 2-3 minutes. Serve.

I served with the extra sauce on the side so people could add to taste.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumping for Panda.
1.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 10:42:15 PM
Author: Skippy123
Bumping for Panda.
1.gif

Hi Skippy! Thanks for the link to this! I have a silly question, what does "bumping" mean?
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 3:25:43 PM
Author: panda08

Date: 8/31/2008 10:42:15 PM
Bumping for Panda.
1.gif

Hi Skippy! Thanks for the link to this! I have a silly question, what does ''bumping'' mean?
3.gif
not a silly question at all, Pricescope was my first forum so I had no clue what it meant either. hehe It means sending the thread to the top.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
For SS
1.gif
, but also for any one else interested. Pork chops with coleslaw and oven roasted tomatoes.

Pork Chops with Carolina Rub (courtesy of Cooking Light)
[This is one of my fave pork chop recipes. Super easy and really delish!]

1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp sugar (I use Splenda and it works perfectly fine)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
4 (4 oz) of center cut pork loin chops
cooking spray
1/4 cup of bbq sauce

Prep grill. [I used a George Foreman Grill... love it!]

Combine the first seven ingredients in small bowl, rub pork on both sides with the mixture and let stand for 10 mins.

Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill for 4 minutes [The timing works about the same on the George Foreman, just adjust depending on the thickness of your chops] Turn and grill for 2 minutes. Brush each chop with 1 tbsp of the bbq sauce and grill 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.

Vinegary Coleslaw [Courtesy of Eating Well, my fave healthy cooking mag]

2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tsp sugar [Splenda!]
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 pinch of celery seed
salt

Whisk all the ingredients together and toss with your fave cabbage blend. I didn''t have any celery seed and it came out pretty tasty still
1.gif

Oven roasted tomatoes

Preheat the oven to 450.

Use your large tomatoes of choice. Cut them in half and place them cut side up on a cookie sheet. Drizzle EVOO over the tomatoes. Season with fresh ground black pepper and salt. Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2008 5:50:04 PM

This is very good!!! I use to make it all the time!

The secret to the success of this recipe is to make sure that both the chicken and the yogurt are very cold (hence, soaking the chicken in the ice water). The Preliminary soaking will help the breading adhere and produce a crisp coating like fried chicken.

ROSIE''S UNFRIED CHICKEN (FROM OPRAH WINFREY''S SHOW)

Light vegetable cooking oil spray
12 pieces chicken, skin removed (3 breasts cut in half and 6 drumsticks)
1 c. plain non-fat yogurt
3 1/2 c. ice water

BREADING INGREDIENTS:
1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 T. Old Bay seasoning (I use a teaspoon as it is rather salty)
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 t. dried thyme
1/8 t. freshly ground pepper
11/2 t. garlic powder
11/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. Creole seasoning
1/2 t. dried oregano

Preheat oven to 400°. Coat baking sheet with 3 sprays of vegetable oil. Combine chicken and ice water in a large bowl; set aside. Place yogurt in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine breading ingredients in a large, tightly sealing plastic bag and shake well to mix. Remove 2 pieces of chicken from the water. Roll each piece in the yogurt. Put chicken into plastic bag; reseal and shake thoroughly. Transfer the breaded chicken to the baking sheet and repeat this process until all pieces are breaded and on the baking sheet. Spray lightly with vegetable oil, place sheet in the bottom of the oven and bake 1 hour, turning pieces every 20 minutes to brown evenly.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
Drumsticks: 4.2 grams of fat per piece; 195 calories per piece. Breasts: 2.2 grams of fat per piece; 185 calories per piece.
For LindaW

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy, I can''t wait to try it. Yummmmmmm

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 3:38:08 PM
Author: Linda W
Thank you Skippy, I can''t wait to try it. Yummmmmmm
hehe, keep me posted, Love!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I used Panda''s pork chop recipe with just the rub, not the BBQ. It was delicious! My chops are at least 1" thick and took about 20 minutes on the Farberware grill (indoor grill thing). I also roasted cherry and grape tomatoes instead of the large tomatoes. I followed the same recipe as posted but they didn''t take quite as long. I fired them under the broiler for a couple minutes with some parmesan on them, too.

The basic rub is so good, I''ve thought of a couple different ways to serve it.

-using the same rub on the chops (no BBQ), roast bell peppers and onions and put on top of chops, serve with roasted potatoes and carrots.

-to serve with applesauce (as we midwesterners like to eat our chops), substitute 1/2 t cinnamon for the chili powder (no BBQ).

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
O.k I found the correct thread for recipe posting! YAY!

So here''s a link to my Eating for Life cookbook recipe thread.

Eating For Life Thread

Enjoy!
18.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 8:54:50 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
O.k I found the correct thread for recipe posting! YAY!

So here''s a link to my Eating for Life cookbook recipe thread.

Eating For Life Thread

Enjoy!
18.gif
Oh, PD, I hope I didn''t make you feel like this was the only "correct" place to post recipes...it''s just a thread that''s been around for a while so I figured that some might use it as a go-to place for healthy/ier recipes. Thanks for sharing! The breakfast recipe looks interesting, and the BLT recipe looks YUMMY!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicken,veggie, Lentil Soup

5 Carrots (whole carrots) chopped
celery chopped
2 onions chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
2 cups Lentils (I like the green ones from WF but others work)
Rotisserie chicken (from Costco or the grocery store, we use the leftovers)
2 bay leafs
Tomato chicken bullion (Knorrs Caldo de Tomate) I find this at Target but you can use chicken bullion
1 can diced tomatos
1 tablespoon olive oil

In a stock pan I pour in the olive oil and saute the carrots, onion, celery and garlic and stir. Then fill the stock pot with 4 cups water and simmer. Then I chop up the chicken and take off the skin and throw that in the stock pot and put in the can of tomatoes. Then I stir in a couple tsps of bullion and taste to my liking. Let simmer for 10 mins and then measure out 2 cups of lentils and bay leaves. Pour in and add more water as needed; simmer and takes about 1 hr for lentils to soften.

I like to freeze some of this and eat later.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS (Modified from cooking light recipes)
Ingredients
SOUP
Cooking spray
1 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted
4 pounds chicken pieces, skinned
1 cup frozen green peas
1/2 cup diced carrots
DUMPLINGS
Dumplings:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 large egg

Heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in sherry and the next 4 ingredients (sherry through soup), and bring to boil. Add chicken pieces; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.

Remove chicken pieces from cooking liquid. Place chicken in a bowl.

Remove chicken from bones, and cut meat into bite-size pieces. Discard the bones. Add chicken to pan; stir in peas and carrots. Return chicken to pan, bring soup to a simmer.

To prepare dumplings, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1 1/4 cups flour, rosemary, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine buttermilk and egg, stirring with a whisk. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.

Drop the dumpling dough, 1 tablespoon per dumpling, onto chicken mixture to form 12 dumplings. Cover and cook 7 minutes (do not let broth boil). Sprinkle with black pepper.

Notes: The recipes both called for a thickening agent for the soup (a flurry of flour and water or cornstarch and water), I skipped that step and I thought the soup was a good consistency and doing so would make it too glue-like.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 6:55:58 PM
Chicken,veggie, Lentil Soup

5 Carrots (whole carrots) chopped
celery chopped
2 onions chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
2 cups Lentils (I like the green ones from WF but others work)
Rotisserie chicken (from Costco or the grocery store, we use the leftovers)
2 bay leafs
Tomato chicken bullion (Knorrs Caldo de Tomate) I find this at Target but you can use chicken bullion
1 can diced tomatos
1 tablespoon olive oil

In a stock pan I pour in the olive oil and saute the carrots, onion, celery and garlic and stir. Then fill the stock pot with 4 cups water and simmer. Then I chop up the chicken and take off the skin and throw that in the stock pot and put in the can of tomatoes. Then I stir in a couple tsps of bullion and taste to my liking. Let simmer for 10 mins and then measure out 2 cups of lentils and bay leaves. Pour in and add more water as needed; simmer and takes about 1 hr for lentils to soften.

I like to freeze some of this and eat later.
Skippy this is similar to one I made a week ago, from Oxygen magazine..it was really yummy!! And I used ready made lentils from TJ''s...easy peasy! I think that the protein was something like 35g for one serving, wow!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 4:11:20 PM
Author: Mara

Skippy this is similar to one I made a week ago, from Oxygen magazine..it was really yummy!! And I used ready made lentils from TJ's...easy peasy! I think that the protein was something like 35g for one serving, wow!
That is funny!! Hubby doesn't use a recipe; he just throws things together so I told him I wanted to learn how to make his lentil soup. So the recipe I listed is based off of how I threw it together w/his help! hehe Cool!!!! Wow, that is a lot of protein; it tastes great and is so good for you and sometimes we throw in spinach too. Thanks, I wouldn't have know about the protein info and it is easy peasy and great for freezing!

Good to see you Miss Mara, btw, I opened the Holiday cookie thread for good cookie recipes in hangout if you have any? I am going to try your snickerdoodle recipe.
1.gif
3.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I had never cooked with or eaten spaghetti squash before, but my aunt made this delicious dish for my birthday and now I''m hooked. I made it myself over the weekend and it is sooo good and sooo healthy. It is from Oprah''s doctor.

Spaghetti Squash Casserole

Ingredients
1 spaghetti squash
2 large carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
Red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Pinch of ground allspice
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 pound part-skim mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions
1. Place the spaghetti squash in a large pot of water (it should float) and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and boil gently for 50 minutes.

2. Another option is to bake the squash first. Cut it lengthwise and place the halves skin-side down in a baking dish with an inch of water. Cover the dish with foil and bake at 350º F for about 45 minutes, or until meat is tender.

3. While squash is cooking, peel and slice the carrots, celery, onion and bell pepper.

4. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the onion and carrot, with some water to prevent sticking. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add remaining vegetables with some red pepper flakes and a dash of salt, if desired. Sauté, stirring frequently, till vegetables are barely tender, about 10 minutes.

5. Add crushed tomatoes, basil and oregano to taste, and a sprinkle of ground allspice. Squeeze in 2-5 cloves of garlic. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, grate the mozzarella and Parmesan.

6. Remove squash from pot or oven and allow to cool until you can handle it. If it is whole, cut it in half lengthwise, then remove seeds with a spoon and squeeze any excess water out of meat.

7. Remove meat and break it up into strands with a fork or potato masher. Mix squash well with vegetables and put half in the bottom of a large baking dish. Top with half the cheeses, the rest of the squash, and then the rest of the cheeses.

8. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned. Let cool 15-20 minutes before serving.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph, that recipe looks yummy! I love Spaghetti squash!

I just made this recipe for dinner and it is delicious!!!
18.gif
NOTE: I threw broccoli in to the saute; I am sure you could probably do green peas too if you want some green in this recipe
3.gif

Indian seasoning Shrimp w/rice
Joseph Gomes, chef at Bombay Talkie in New York City, sprinkles this dish with classic Indian seasonings.
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1-inch piece ginger
2 cloves garlic
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 medium tomatoes, pureed
1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 1/2 cups cooked rice
Coriander sprigs
PREPARATION
Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Grind ginger and garlic into a paste; add it and remaining spices and tomatoes to pan; simmer 5 minutes. In a separate pan, sauté shrimp 30 seconds. Add sauce and stir continuously on high heat, 2 or 3 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates. Serve over rice. Garnish with coriander.

The skinny 300 calories per serving, 4.9 g fat (0.8 g saturated), 35.4 g carbs, 2.1 g fiber, 26 g protein

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man, I need to read this thread more often! Everything sounds so yummy!!

Dragonfly asked me to post my recipe for refried bean and chicken quesadillas. I have to admit, it's not so much a recipe as it is just opening bags, cans, and jars of stuff and throwing it between two tortillas. It's really good and super easy though. The serving size of each item just depends on how much of one item you'd like.

ETA: As you change the amount of ingredients, the nutritional info. will obviously change. I can have the recipe as written below for dinner and still have my total calories for the day equal 1400 (and I'm not eating lettuce the rest of the day either
3.gif
).

Chicken and Refried Bean Quesadillas

Refried beans (I use Old El Paso Vegetarian at the moment, but I'm looking for one with less sodium -- I think Old El Paso uses pinto beans, but black beans would be good too.)
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I typcially use about 3-5 oz. per serving, but use whatever you'd prefer)
Salsa
Tortillas (I use two of the "Mission 96% fat free" white flour tortillas -- they're the smaller-medium size, not the large, plate-sized ones)
Optional -- cheese and sour cream (low fat or fat free would be the healthiest, of course)

1. Cut the chicken into strips or cubes and cook until done (you can add spices but I just cook the chicken plain)
2. Spray a pan with non-stick spray and lay one tortilla in it. Cook slightly and then add the cooked chicken and the refried beans.
3. Lay the other tortilla on top and flip the quesadilla. Cook for a short time until the beans are heated through.
4. Put the quesadilla on a plate and cut into triangles. Enjoy!

Using 4 TBLs of salsa, 5 oz. of chicken, 1 cup of refried beans, and two tortillas (this makes a huge stuffed quesadilla, by the way -- enough for 2), the nutrition info. is as follows:

Calories: 511
Sodium: 1920
Calcium: 24% (daily value)
Iron: 28% (daily value)
Total fat: 3g (calories from fat = 5.28% but calories from saturated fat = 0%)
Total carbs: 72g (calories from carbs = 56.36%)
Fiber: 14g
Sugar: 4g (calories from sugar = 3.13%)
Protein: 49g (calories from protein = 38.36%)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Low fat Mac & Cheese

2 cups elbow mac
1 cup skim milk
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp. brown mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Makes 4 servings unless you are a pig like DH and I and we can polish off the whole pot in one sitting
3.gif
. I cannot remember the calories...sorry...but it was WAYYY less than a traditional mac & cheese!

Boil the pasta. When you have about five mins left start the sauce in a frying pan. Add everything *but* the cheese. Whisk until thick on med-high heat. Just when you think your arm is going to fall off is when it thickens
2.gif
Slowly add the cheese and constantly whisk so it doesn''t burn. Drain pasta, mix in sauce and ENJOY!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Super easy Low cal Weight watcher recipe
I made this tonight; I didn''t make rice or noodles like it suggested but I would advice a brown rice or noddles

Lemon Chicken w/Broccoli

points Value: 3
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

An easy weeknight dinner. Great with a side of angel hair pasta, rice or couscous.

Ingredients

2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp table salt, divided
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
12 oz uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 tsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
2 tsp minced garlic
2 1/2 cup(s) broccoli, small florets
2 tsp lemon zest, or more to taste
2 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Instructions
On a plate, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate.

Put 1 cup of broth and garlic in same skillet; bring to a boil over high heat, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add broccoli; cover and cook 1 minute.

In a small cup, stir together remaining 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; add to skillet and bring to a simmer over low heat.

Cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender and sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in chicken and lemon zest; heat through.

Remove skillet from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice; toss to coat. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea, thanks for the new recipes ladies. Tacori, I LOVE mac and cheese, but I rarely eat it b/c it is so bad for you, so I will give yours a try oh and Skippy I love anything with lemon and your chicken sounds great!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Crispy Black Bean Tacos
2/08 Bon Appetit
DH and I made these for lunch one day very tasty and easy to make
http://www.bonappetit.com/magazine/fasteasyfresh/2009/02/crispy_black_bean_tacos

Black beans (in the crispy tacos) have more to offer than fiber and protein. They''re just as rich in antioxidants as grapes and cranberries, and they''re a great source of slow-burning complex carbohydrates.

Global House Salad
Self recipe of the week
http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes/2007/06/global-house-salad

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for this thread being sticky!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks for asking whoever asked:) and thanks to the ps mod!!
I am always using recipes here! Woo hoo!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Curried Carrot Soup (for Geckodani)

2 pounds of carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 cup of onions, chopped
4 cups of low sodium chicken broth (I used veggie broth)
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. of curry powder, or to taste (I used a TON cuz I like it spicy!)
2 tbsp. of lemon juice
pepper

1. Melt butter over medium high heat in a dutch oven or large pot.
2. Add onions, curry powder, salt and pepper. Saute for five minutes until onions are soft.
3. Add broth and carrots. Bring to a boil and then turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
4. In batches, puree soup in a blender. Be sure to take the clear top off and put a towel over the hole. That way, the heat from the soup will escape and won''t splatter. Add water to thin to the consistency you want.
5. After the soup is pureed, stir in the lemon juice. Reheat as necessary.

Enjoy! We thought this was very tasty and filling. I froze the leftovers. I can''t remember the nutritional info exactly right now... I''ll look it up tonight... but per serving, I believe it''s less than 200 calories, 0 grams of fat and 6 grams of fiber.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies,

I just had to chime in because I just found a website with the most amazing-looking, vegetarian, healthy recipes. Here it is - I''m dying to try some of these recipes, they look divine
18.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock

Spicy Thai-style Turkey/Chicken Wraps

4 tsp canola oil
4 cups packaged cole slaw mix
1 bunch scallions, sliced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 cups finely chopped cooked skinless turkey or chicken breast
1 Tbsp chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
4 tsp lime juice
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 (10 inch) burrito size FF flour tortillas, warmed

Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over med heat. Add cole slaw, scallion, and red pepper...stirring frequently for 3 min.

Stir in remaining ingredients, except tortillas, and cook stirring frequently for 3 min.
Spoon half of the mix into a tortilla, roll it up, and cut on the diagonal.
4 servings: 1 serving = 1/2 wrap
230 calories, 6 grams fat

appletini

Ideal_Rock

Pomegranate Glazed Shish Kabobs

1/4 cup low sodium low fat chicken broth
2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses (this part takes a long time to make and needs to be done in advance.
1 tsp salt
1 lb boneless sirloin, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
4 mushrooms halved or 1 portobello mushroom cut into 8 pieces
1 green or red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
1 red onion, cut into 8 pieces
1 zucchini, cut into 8 pieces
Spray a broiler rack with pam and preheat the broiler.
Combine broth, molasses, and salt in a small bowl.
Thread 4 skewers with veggies, mushrooms, and meat. Place skewers on the broiler pan and brush with half the broth mixture. Place broiler pan under broiler and broil for 4 minutes. Then turn and brush with remaining broth mixture and broil for an additional 5-6 minutes.
4 servings (1 skewer = 1 serving)
189 cal
6 g fat
prep 10 min
cook 10 min

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Hazelnuts

2 ounces hazelnuts (about 1/2 cup)
1/4th cup golden raisins
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons Italian style dried bread crumbs
1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons orange juice
4 (1/4pound) thinly sliced skinless boneless chicken breast halves (1/4 in thick)
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place nuts in the food processor, add raisins, parsley, bread crumbs, and 3 tablespoons of the orange juice and pulse for 3-5 times to chop finely.

2. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the nut mixture on each of the chicken breasts and roll them up, starting at the short ends and securing closed with toothpicks. Put in a baking dish and spary with nonstick spray. Bake until cooked through about 20 mins.

3. To make the sauce, mix together the honey, the mustard and the remaining 1/4 cup of oj. Serve the chicken with the sauce on the side.

Per serving 330 calories, 11 g fat, 2g fiber or 7 ww pts
Makes 4 servings

Also the if you like, chill the chicken after you've cooked it. Then slice it and serve atop a deb of arugula or spinach as a main dish salad; the sauce can double as a salad dressing.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yea!!! My first post on this thread. Thanks to everyone for posting your recipes on here. I''ve found so many on here and every one of them has been so yummy.

I found this on Cooking Light, and it was voted one of their top 20 highest rated recipes. It was SO good. My FI is begging for me to make this again.

Slow Cooker Char Siu Pork Roast
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3 ounces pork and 1/4 cup sauce)

Ingredients
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
2 pounds boneless Boston butt pork roast, trimmed (I used a pork shoulder of the same weight and it worked fine. Reviews say you can also use pork loin)
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth

Preparation
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Place pork and marinade in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. (I cooked it for less, about 6 hours since reviews said it could dry out)
Remove pork from slow cooker using a slotted spoon; place on a cutting board or work surface. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm.
Add broth to sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Shred pork with 2 forks; serve with sauce.

(I used the leftovers the 2nd day with some corn tortillas and a little bit of pico de gallo...soooo good)

Nutritional Information
Calories:
227 (38% from fat)
Fat:
9.5g (sat 3.1g,mono 3.9g,poly 1.1g)
Protein:
21.6g

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results