shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB:Vintage "mini Krupp" EC diamond

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I am putting this out into the universe since hubby gave me the green light to start looking. I am looking for a vintage, clipped corner EC diamond with an open culet - a needle in a haystack so to speak. My husband and I exchanged gold wedding bands 7 years ago and I never had a true Engagement Ring. This would be a Diamond Anniversary Ring.

This was all inspired by Kelpie's find last year:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blingapalooza-payoff.170427/

I have a 10k budget and I am ready to jump on the right stone. Thanks in advance!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! I am definitely a step cut lover, but I am wondering what the distinction is between a modern and vintage emerald cut? Is the older cut more octagonal-looking because of the longer length of the corners? Forgive me if I've mucked up the description totally. :loopy:

Anyway, the reference diamond is stunning. Wishing you the best of luck with finding your dream stone.

Mikla

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
A classic vintage step cut has clipped corners, a smaller table, higher crown angles, and an open culet. Here are 2 examples - one more elongated thank the other:
image_613.jpg
image_612.jpg

I would take either! :naughty:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you gotten in touch with OWD or jbeg to see if they could locate you one??

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Niel,

I have put my feelers out to a few sources that specialize in vintage jewelry and diamonds. OWD is another great option.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
sphenequeen|1377407188|3509410 said:
A classic vintage step cut has clipped corners, a smaller table, higher crown angles, and an open culet. Here are 2 examples - one more elongated thank the other:
image_613.jpg
image_612.jpg

I would take either! :naughty:

OMG! I don't think I have ever seen more stunning diamonds! You can fall right into these ones like a lake. I do adore higher crown angles and a smaller table but I've never seen that in emerald cuts. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mikla! This is not an easy thing to find, but I will let you all know what comes my way.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, man! I saw a stone like this in person a year or two ago at a local antique shop. They were consigning it, and I have no idea if it's still there or not. It was around the price you were looking, and the center was ~2 or 2.5ct (I think it was 2, can't remember for sure!). Just an AMAZING, TOTALLY GORGEOUS ring. Set with tapered baguettes, and I remember thinking- in this order- 1. What can I sell to own this? 2. PS would go NUTS! I'll have to meander over that way and see what happened to it next weekend, as the shop is only open on Saturday mornings. I encouraged them to list it on Preloved and DB, but the owner was having none of that.

I hope you are able to find the perfect stone for you! Best of luck with your search!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Lovely. White diamonds are so different from colored stones; cut makes all the difference.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Pregcurious - agreed! I am normally not a diamond lover but there is something about this cut that speaks to me and makes me weak in the knees.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results