shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB e-ring Please help

HCD3

Rough_Rock
im looking for an engagement ring for my gf. i really like the round brilliant cut with the tiffany style setting.. i am only considering stones which are si1 or better I or better with some display of h&a symmetry so a really good cut. Brilliance is important to me too, and from what i hear the patterns (h&a) are about symmetry, and brilliance more about angles.
I really like this stone http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10795/

but would consider something like this http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/10683/

i would not be interested in a stone like this due to symmetry http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9703/ or maybe it doesn't show arrows.. i want to see the dark proportionate arrows when i look at the ring with my naked eye..

anyways im really only able to spend about 5K for this ring. Wish i had 15 and id have begged for this one https://www.pricescope.com/forum/pr...and-vatche-tiffany-repro-setting-t178939.html this is an ideal setting too...

come on PS ers help help me

Thanks in advance Harry

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Hi Harry! You might have better luck in the RockyTalky forum, posters there are usually the most reliable assistants in a diamond search. Hope you find the right stone in a hurry!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Just as a caution if you are looking at diamonds in local stores: The arrows should not be black all the time. They will be dark if they are reflecting something dark, but most of the time they should look bright or be throwing fire. If they are black all the time, the diamond isn't cut with the right symmetry or proportions.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
You posted two SI2 stones, so are you looking at SI2 or stopping at SI1? I don't think you will be able to get a 1ct SI1 to fit your budget.

The SI2s can be good values, but you won't find many eye-clean SI2 stones out there, and if you do, probably a PS vendor already has it in-house. The SI2s on the virtual stones list will probably have inclusions that are visible without a loupe at least part of the time. And if you want to not see any inclusions from the side view or looking at the stone when it's tilted, then those are additional criteria that you need to make the seller (and helpers) aware of. All in all, you may need to drop down to the .8ct range to meet the budget. (Personally, clarity is the thing that I will compromise on, because I have come to the conclusion that its impossible to keep a diamond ring spotlessly clean all of the time. So, it's kind of a waste of money, to me, to buy one that's totally clean inside, lol. I'd rather have one discrete dark crystal than a feather or a whole lot of scattered small inclusions. But not everyone feels that way. I don't mind seeing an inclusion from the side, either. I just pick inclusions that hide very very well.)

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.00-carat-f-color-si2-clarity-sku-159419
might be a compromise I could live with, personally, if hitting the 1ct mark is the most important thing. But it faces up a little smaller in diameter than the typical 6.4-6.4mm, too. There are inclusions that can probably be seen at least under certain conditions. The cut is not super ideal, it's very good. Also there is a feather in the girdle area and that may affect durability and might also affect how you'd orient the stone in a setting. Ask about the internal graining and does it have a color or not. But you run into those issues when you have budget constraints, and you also want size and great cut, and you'll just have to decide what you can compromise on.

I.D. Jewelry has been able to find some very nice diamonds for people who have a tight budget. You might contact them and see what they can put together.

HCD3

Rough_Rock
THanks im obviously very new at this but have tried to do my homework..

i will repost in rocky talk, to see what i come up with there..

I havene even been in a local store and definitely wont be getting a diamond from one.. i will most likely end up getting something from a ps online vendor.. i am soo happy that i found a forum with such helpful members, also the face that ps links to jewlers makes me feel better about buying online.. i would NOT be buying in this manner otherwise.. it would seem very risky..

i really want an eye clean diamond, so im not really wanting to budge in that aspect.. the places that im willing to budge would be in ct. size (if i could find something that would look like it was around 1 ct.. and as much as i hate to say it.. i COULD budge on price. i am a quality not quantity type of guy, as is my GF, and usually that does cost a little extra.

HCD3

Rough_Rock
THanks im obviously very new at this but have tried to do my homework..

i will repost in rocky talk, to see what i come up with there..

I havene even been in a local store and definitely wont be getting a diamond from one.. i will most likely end up getting something from a ps online vendor.. i am soo happy that i found a forum with such helpful members, also the face that ps links to jewlers makes me feel better about buying online.. i would NOT be buying in this manner otherwise.. it would seem very risky..

i really want an eye clean diamond, so im not really wanting to budge in that aspect.. the places that im willing to budge would be in ct. size (if i could find something that would look like it was around 1 ct.. and as much as i hate to say it.. i COULD budge on price. i am a quality not quantity type of guy, as is my GF, and usually that does cost a little extra.

HCD3

Rough_Rock
oh yeah.. I haven`t ever even seen a h&a diamond in person.. we have bottom grade stores here locally.. so when i say i want to see the dark h&a pattern im refering to the pictures like the links i posted..

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
HCD3,

If you'll click the "report concern" button, you can ask the mods to move this to Rocky Talky and you won't have to repost.

liz

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you'll be wise to search in the .8-.99 range because if you need a setting included in the $5k, you need to look under 1 ct. for the diamond. The good news is, well cut diamonds appear larger than poorly cut ones! Always invest in cut!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results