shape
carat
color
clarity

Wrongfully imprisoned, now free: meet Edwina’s former cellmate!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that stone is beautiful and I love that you look like your avatar! I like your hyperbole!

If you want earrings, what about some kind of art deco chandelier??? I apologize if this is a really bad idea or there's history I dont know about, Im new. LOL

art deco_1092165_41d.jpg
oh those are gorgeous!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love old cars too! And old furniture, especially Eastlake and Empire. Quartersawn Oak might be my spirit animal...

Anyway, here’s me with my first car, a restored 1965 Citroën 2CV. I was proudly sporting my James Avery rose band. Lol. Ah, memories!

99C2A539-6C8F-42AF-8ACD-C46EB0E6AF03.jpeg

Edited to make corrections once I saw the date stamp in the lower right corner. I wasn’t married yet! I had just returned from Ireland and was up on Peaks Island at our cottage. The days ahead would be filled with change. If I’d only known! :)

That's awesome!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that stone is beautiful and I love that you look like your avatar! I like your hyperbole!

If you want earrings, what about some kind of art deco chandelier??? I apologize if this is a really bad idea or there's history I dont know about, Im new. LOL

art deco_1092165_41d.jpg
Oh, those are so pretty! You have a great eye!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
THREADJACK

This was last year, before the temporary insanity struck (“oh I need to fit in at work so I will cut my hair so no one laughs at me”). Needless to say I’ll be growing back out the 20” I cut off. Because who cares if they laugh.

DEA1E51F-7FEC-4C70-BDCA-59C91FBB6BAC.jpeg

This is how I style it for work:

E4B98429-23AA-4A7F-91FB-C5C7C932B49D.jpeg

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, this is gorgeous! I am CURSED with fine thin hair! I envy you!!

I'm with you, who cares what anyone else thinks, I have worked up to my confidence and I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I have my arms both 3/4 sleeved and some woman standing next to me says too her husband "Tattoos are so GROSS" to which I replied "So are bad manners". Can't please everyone!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Inked - I think tattoos are beautiful and good for you for standing up to that bully. Back in her day they had a different connotation and more’s the pity. There’s quite a history to human adornment and museums are full of the proof!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THREADJACK

This was last year, before the temporary insanity struck (“oh I need to fit in at work so I will cut my hair so no one laughs at me”). Needless to say I’ll be growing back out the 20” I cut off. Because who cares if they laugh.

Laugh??? Who would dare laugh at such gorgeousness??
Only people who are jealous!
Rock that mane, sister!!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love this. Its fun to think of all the places she's gone in her lifetime, parties she's been worn to, holiday dinners, etc. I think these old beauties have little diamond souls and they are happy to be out in the world again, appreciated and loved again. I feel this way about antique furniture too. :)

I love this statement so much. Not only do I think about the women(women?) before me, I like to think all of the adoration of this stone will be passed to another like-minded lady someday.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

art deco_1092165_41d.jpg

Oh inked, those are glorious.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, this is gorgeous! I am CURSED with fine thin hair! I envy you!!

I'm with you, who cares what anyone else thinks, I have worked up to my confidence and I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I have my arms both 3/4 sleeved and some woman standing next to me says too her husband "Tattoos are so GROSS" to which I replied "So are bad manners". Can't please everyone!

Nope and don't even try. The only person you need to please is YOU. And only you. Take my decades of experience. Trying to please people is futile. If you please yourself and you go by your own ethical code you will never disappoint those who matter.

As for fine thin hair I feel you as that is my exact hair situation and it's getting thinner all the time. But you know what? It doesn't upset me the way it used to (I won't lie though I would LOVE thick gorgeous hair like @PreRaphaelite 's gorgeous hair) because I know who I am and what matters and I hope one day you are at peace with what cannot be controlled.

And in the meantime rock those tattoos girl! And to those who don't love them who cares. Let them worry about themselves and stop sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

I have been wanting to get a tattoo of our darling girl Francesca to honor her memory. Fingers crossed my derm says it is safe for me to do.

Oh and remember this too. A wise person once said "What others think of me is none of my business" Amen to that.

THREADJACK

GORGEOUS. :kiss2:

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
THREADJACK

From a family with brilliant, sassy Gingers, your hair is glorious. Love your work hairstyle, stunning. Keep hoping my grandchildren will be blest with Ginger hair.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! It is still amazing to me when I find that other people share the aesthetic. It hasn’t been Fashionable in a long time but who knows? History repeats itself, I hear...

@missy your messages of support for all PSers make such a difference! You’re truly an ambassador in PS and this is why people keep coming back. Well said!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
THREADJACK

I seriously need to paint you! The way you put your hair up is simply divine. If we ever happen to overlap in the same city, and you'd be up for a photoshoot, let me know!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@PreRaphaelite Yes. I would prefer it domed somewhat & with a hidden bale (two loops or a lip folded inside the shalow dome) The model is silly old school & forever - You will find necklaces & bracelets made of such domes / bulla & pendants, Google brought up earrigs this time; they are certainly my thing so Google might as well be remembering.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I saw that René Boivin pair of earrings Previously! Stuller has a similar mount. Very classic!

Reactions: AV_

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I seriously need to paint you! The way you put your hair up is simply divine. If we ever happen to overlap in the same city, and you'd be up for a photoshoot, let me know!
Oops I hope I didn’t offend you with my picture of Kira.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The conversion is very much what I had in mind; these are perfect terrain for engraving, of course.

I wore plain dome studs all year - 18 mm or so, rather at the limit of how large & heavy studs can be without requiring clips.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock

art deco_1092165_41d.jpg
THESE are what dreams are made of! Love them.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Here is a close-up shot of the old OMC that the new girl would replace. I think it would be a real improvement so it seems like a good decision to upgrade my daily-wear ring. I hope others will agree.

My next question is.... to whom should I send? The prongs are rough now, but will likely be adjusted down anyway to make room for the new slightly-bigger stone, so I’m not concerned about retipping at the moment. Which vendor would take such a small resetting job?

974E0385-7BA1-45C1-9933-307D0AFC2C58.jpeg

7D0ECABA-F2AD-4CA7-82DB-EE9C5259EFE9.jpeg

Reactions: AV_

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I don't mean to be such a "fangirl" but DK has done some resets and redos for me and at great prices with great results.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
OMG, where do you live and what kind of car do you drive . . in case I want to follow you.
Really lovely diamond at an insanely good price. My hat is off to you.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Ha! Thanks @Ibrakeforpossums! Whenever you see a Jeep in a Florida pawn shop parking lot, you can be sure all the old cut diamonds will be *sold out*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results