shape
carat
color
clarity

Wrongfully imprisoned, now free: meet Edwina’s former cellmate!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Lol. I love hyperbole.

So, I stopped by the pawn shop where I had ‘liberated’ Edwina, just in case her twin somehow resurfaced. (She didn’t.)

I was sad to see that this pretty little 5mm old cut was still sitting there, like a year later, still locked up and covered in grease and grime. I negotiated. They didn’t give me a spectacular deal like before, but I just could not walk away from her again. $325 out the door, she was written up as .40 ct but she actually weighs .65 ct, so I suppose it was an ok price. She was the only other old cut in the shop, and I expect the well is now dry, as it were.

She is currently nameless, but at least now she’s free, and has a good home. I’m happy to report that she gets along very well with my other OMC. No idea how to ‘dress’ her yet. (Don’t ya just love anthropomorphisms?)
F32EFD4E-9A6E-4A39-9FC5-8F211EDA4169.jpeg
B213C31F-30EF-46F7-9E87-C0358147FC96.jpeg
83E89980-EFA5-4120-ADF1-D1FB8147A996.jpeg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful diamond! I can’t wait to see what you do with her.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she’s beautiful. How kind of you to come back after so long and librate her and I can’t wait to see how you dress her. :mrgreen:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW she is exquisite! A real Old World charmer and I love her faceting! And look at that poufy crown! What kind of outfit are you leaning toward? :mrgreen:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I am stumped. If I can find an antique earring mount, that could work.

Another option would be to swap her out with this OMC (the existing one is less white, less round, less clear, but still lovely) Since they are the same size (ish). What do you reckon?

9452B259-894E-4113-83F7-FFCF819247D7.jpeg

FFE096BE-6767-450E-BE5A-BD0A9F375FE9.jpeg

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love her. You got a deal. Don’t unmount your other OMC, I’d wait till you can find a dedicated item. BTW, Those two look very similar. Can you use THEM for your earrings?

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lol. I love hyperbole.

So, I stopped by the pawn shop where I had ‘liberated’ Edwina, just in case her twin somehow resurfaced. (She didn’t.)

I was sad to see that this pretty little 5mm old cut was still sitting there, like a year later, still locked up and covered in grease and grime. I negotiated. They didn’t give me a spectacular deal like before, but I just could not walk away from her again. $325 out the door, she was written up as .40 ct but she actually weighs .65 ct, so I suppose it was an ok price. She was the only other old cut in the shop, and I expect the well is now dry, as it were.

She is currently nameless, but at least now she’s free, and has a good home. I’m happy to report that she gets along very well with my other OMC. No idea how to ‘dress’ her yet. (Don’t ya just love anthropomorphisms?)
F32EFD4E-9A6E-4A39-9FC5-8F211EDA4169.jpeg
B213C31F-30EF-46F7-9E87-C0358147FC96.jpeg
83E89980-EFA5-4120-ADF1-D1FB8147A996.jpeg

I think it's Fantastic how you liberated another Beautiful Old World Stone, Congrats on your latest find!

It's full of Charm & Charisma I can't stop looking at the Pixs! I look forward to see what you do with this Stunner of a Stone!

I always enjoy seeing others who appreciate Diamonds of True Antiquity especially in the age of "Perfection"

I recently just nabbed a similar stone I will try to take Pixs later & Post!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay another old diamond rescued! She is lovely, adore a puffy crown. See she was just waiting for you to come back.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chunkalicious!!! Thanks for setting this gorgeous gal free. :love:

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@LightBright hey now that’s a thought. Hmmmm.... you might be on to something there...

@Cosmetologist thanks so much - and don’t leave me dying from anticipation to see your pics!!

Here you go just took this collection of Pics including the ASET Image - It's a 0.57ct K VS1 - I managed to Grab it for a steal too at £260! Unsure what that is in $ lol probably around $330

Measurements;

4.91mm x 5.04mm x 3.37mm

I am thinking of setting it as a Pendant for my Mother-in Law would love some Ideas!
Please let me know what you think!

inCollage_20191029_225833780.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Here you go just took this collection of Pics including the ASET Image - It's a 0.57ct K VS1 - I managed to Grab it for a steal too at £260! Unsure what that is in $ lol probably around $330

Measurements;

4.91mm x 5.04mm x 3.37mm

I am thinking of setting it as a Pendant for my Mother-in Law would love some Ideas!
Please let me know what you think!

inCollage_20191029_225833780.jpg

OMG!!! It looks completely glorious and it could be the twin to my new stone! Yours is better cut. How wonderful!

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! It looks completely glorious and it could be the twin to my new stone! Yours is better cut. How wonderful!

Thank-You!
You are too kind, I think yours looks just as Stunning if not more so!

It has such an interesting Shape & Profile, So unique - Definitely an Old World treasure!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love this. Its fun to think of all the places she's gone in her lifetime, parties she's been worn to, holiday dinners, etc. I think these old beauties have little diamond souls and they are happy to be out in the world again, appreciated and loved again. I feel this way about antique furniture too. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just swooning over here over all the delicious chunky monkey old cuts. Romance galore. Sigh.

I love this. Its fun to think of all the places she's gone in her lifetime, parties she's been worn to, holiday dinners, etc. I think these old beauties have little diamond souls and they are happy to be out in the world again, appreciated and loved again. I feel this way about antique furniture too. :)

Same. Old cut diamonds, antique jewels and antique furniture as well and cars too. And well probably more things than I can name in one post. I am strange that way. But glad to see I am in good company. :)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Do you like disk / button pendats? There aren't many here.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I love old cars too! And old furniture, especially Eastlake and Empire. Quartersawn Oak might be my spirit animal...

Anyway, here’s me with my first car, a restored 1965 Citroën 2CV. I was proudly sporting my James Avery rose band. Lol. Ah, memories!

99C2A539-6C8F-42AF-8ACD-C46EB0E6AF03.jpeg

Edited to make corrections once I saw the date stamp in the lower right corner. I wasn’t married yet! I had just returned from Ireland and was up on Peaks Island at our cottage. The days ahead would be filled with change. If I’d only known! :)

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love old cars too! And old furniture, especially Eastlake and Empire. Quartersawn Oak might be my spirit animal...

Anyway, here’s me with my first car, a Citroën 2cv, 1965, restored and barely street legal. I was married the week before and proudly sporting my James Avery rose band! Lol. Ah, memories!

99C2A539-6C8F-42AF-8ACD-C46EB0E6AF03.jpeg

Oooh love this. And wow I’m drooling over your thick gorgeous hair. :kiss2:

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, that stone is beautiful and I love that you look like your avatar! I like your hyperbole!

If you want earrings, what about some kind of art deco chandelier??? I apologize if this is a really bad idea or there's history I dont know about, Im new. LOL

art deco_1092165_41d.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Just swooning over here over all the delicious chunky monkey old cuts. Romance galore. Sigh.

Same. Old cut diamonds, antique jewels and antique furniture as well and cars too. And well probably more things than I can name in one post. I am strange that way. But glad to see I am in good company. :)

Yes! Totally!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results