shape
carat
color
clarity

Wrong Grading?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
I want to know if the inclusions of a SI1 graded stone can easily be found by a loupe even by a novice like myself. Or has anyone heard of AGS or GIA misplotting a diamond? Or if this should happen, is it a bait and switch?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
It is possible to have an SI1 graded diamond that is not eye clean.

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/8/2002 6:24:45 PM

----------------

Thanks for the response. But what I was asking is: Is it possible to have a SI1 graded stone and not be able to see the inclusions under a loupe? Please help

Chet

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/8/2002 6:28:23 PM

----------------
On 3/8/2002 6:24:45 PM

----------------

Thanks for the response. But what I was asking is: Is it possible to have a SI1 graded stone and not be able to see the inclusions under a loupe? Please help

Chet
----------------

It's possible. Is this a stone you own? Perhaps you should have it examined by a couple of independent appraisers or send it back to the lab if they do that.

VampireX02

Rough_Rock
I have an eye-clean SI1 stone that has a lot of inclusions, but they're all very small and spread out. So I think the number of inclusion in my case is giving it the rating.

But with the loop, I have a pretty hard time picking them up. At like 30x magnification it's not a problem..but at the usual 10, I really have to look for them....particularly the clouds (A dashed outline on the cert plot -- at least on AGS)...and that's one of the largest inclusions on my diamond...a cloud under the table by the culet.

So I think it may depend on the stone. You might be like me and have an SI1 that's graded as such because of the number, not because anything is going to jump right out at you.

I also have a "needle" on the edge of mine that looks like an icicle at like 30x. Don't know how that might also effect the grading.

VampireX02

Rough_Rock
BTW...I did have mine independently appaised and it did check out as an SI1.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results