shape
carat
color
clarity

wrong forum. how do i delete? help

adm777

Rough_Rock
This is a ring for sale, as a "Sapphire and diamond ring". It's at a pretty low price. It could be a sapphire as they come in all colors.
I noticed the teal color and one of the diamonds is reflecting a pink/purple tone.
I know Alex's are hard to photograph. What does everyone think? It seems to be smaller than a carat as it's a size 7 ring.

The underneath of the setting isn't well polished, but a nice gem can be in a cheap setting. If I had to guess the setting is from the 90's? I could be wrong but the prongs on the center gem seem bent. Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 8.30.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 8.08.31 PM.png

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Click the stacked slashes to your bottom left (on phone) and delete. If it's past 45mins you have to click "report concern" and ask the admins to delete.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too dark. :knockout:
Looks like the poor photographer had to use a crow bar to get any light to go through it.

This is a ring for sale, as a "Sapphire and diamond ring".
I know Alex's are hard to photograph.

Confused here ...
So, is it a sapphire or an Alexandrite?
Either way, it's too dark for me to consider, but maybe you like it.

Next, any affordable Alexandrite will be synthetic.
If you want real natural untreated Alex, be sure it comes with a grading report from AGL, American Gem Labs, and no other lesser lab ... and get ready for it costing more than diamonds.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or their photography sucks..

I'm a gem macro-photographer.
You're right; it's very true that photography can misrepresent gems.

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 9.35.53 PM.png

I remember trying to get light into the above Fancy Deep Blue tiny emerald cut diamond I briefly owned.
It took me forever, I mean forever, to find the few light positions that would get this diamond to return this much the light back out the top.
Notice my skin is not overexposed.
While it is a very special and fantastic FCD, I prefer lighter tone so I returned it.

In the OP's pic below the finger's skin being that much overexposed makes me certain that this oval stone is very very dark in real life.
It will look nearly black in nearly all lighting conditions.

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 8.30.37 PM.png

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results