shape
carat
color
clarity

"Wrap" wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have pictures of a "wrap"-type wedding band? I searched previous threads about this kind of band and I found a lot of discussion but not many pictures. I''m having trouble picturing it in my head...

Thanks!
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
strmrdr''s fiancee on here, who posts herself as wifey2b has one with rubies. I will see if I can find the link.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Pyramid. I had to quickly click on page 5 just to see this spider!

My sister and I were having a discussion on what our aunt''s wedding set looks like. I can''t remember much about it, but my sister says the wedding band "interlocks" with the engagement ring. Does anyone know what an "interlocking" wedding set might look like?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen different types that could be described as interlocking. There are some maybe older designs which has a hook and eye on each ring to hook them together.

I have seen what has been described as ring guard, where it is like two half eternity rings, sometimes wishbone shape, then the solitaire is dropped in the middle from the top the two eternity rings at the back have like ladder rungs holding them together but you can see the engagement solitaire band under say two rungs and lying between them.

There are also some who wear a wishbone sometimes custom cast to fit the exact contour of the engagement ring. Some have a plain wedding band and have it notched to fit the engagement ring head some of them you see with 3 notches to fit the three prongs which stick out or a curved bit notched out to go around a gold casting.

Some wrap bands as well as having a stone at each side of a solitaire, some have gold wire going under the solitaire and then diamonds at the other side so the solitaire is slipped over the diamonds to fit alongside the band which may have diamonds in a cluster at the other side also. I have seen a lot of this style on the internet with a marquise diamond with channel set side stones on a bypass setting then a thin wedding band or wrap with three diamonds at each side of the marquise on a twist.

Bunnifer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 7:46:25 PM
Author: Pyramid
I have seen different types that could be described as interlocking. There are some maybe older designs which has a hook and eye on each ring to hook them together.

Hook and eye? Do you have a picture? When I do a search for "hook and eye", all I find are threads about wedding dresses. LOL.

I have seen what has been described as ring guard, where it is like two half eternity rings, sometimes wishbone shape, then the solitaire is dropped in the middle from the top the two eternity rings at the back have like ladder rungs holding them together but you can see the engagement solitaire band under say two rungs and lying between them.

I think I''ve seen what you mean by a ring guard, but I''m not sure I know what you mean about "ladder rungs"? Maybe I just never noticed them...

There are also some who wear a wishbone sometimes custom cast to fit the exact contour of the engagement ring. Some have a plain wedding band and have it notched to fit the engagement ring head some of them you see with 3 notches to fit the three prongs which stick out or a curved bit notched out to go around a gold casting.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the marquise one which is often on the internet with different sized stones in the centre this one is illusion set. The three diamonds diagonally at each side are on the wedding band, 3 are on the side of the band and 3 are held on wires from the band to the other side of the centre stone. The engagement band is channel set.

Tryniteys wedding ring eng ring plus wrap.jpg

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 7:24:14 PM
strmrdr''s fiancee on here, who posts herself as wifey2b has one with rubies. I will see if I can find the link.
Thank you Pryamid
1.gif
And thank you for warning her about the spider - giggle - I can''t believe Strm posted that - lol
I love love love my wedding set - Strm just sent me a copy of the pic - and I get to show everyone here in Canada cuz most of them won''t get to see it.. so I tell them all he was mean and wouldn''t let me bring it home - giggle
I can''t wait to be able to wear it all the time.
30.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot find a picture anywhere of the rings with the hook, I do not know if there is an eye but there must be something maybe a slot in them, as I said I think it was on an antique set I saw it and maybe just one maker made them. Maybe one of the jewellers here may know. I think there is a designer ring set at the moment I have seen posted here too and cannot find the picture which has a square european shank and then pictures of rings on the shank I don't recall if it is showing the interlocking feature as an engraving for their company logo or if their rings interlock, but that is a current designer. I looked for it too but could not find it but it is on this site somewhere.

The ladder rungs is just my word for it on the ring guards but they are on the pictures on the stuller site, the part which holds together but separates the two halves of the ring design, ofcourse it is probably all cast together.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2006 8:15:08 PM
Author: wifey2b

Date: 12/2/2006 7:24:14 PM
Thank you Pryamid
1.gif
And thank you for warning her about the spider - giggle - I can''t believe Strm posted that - lol
I love love love my wedding set - Strm just sent me a copy of the pic - and I get to show everyone here in Canada cuz most of them won''t get to see it.. so I tell them all he was mean and wouldn''t let me bring it home - giggle
I can''t wait to be able to wear it all the time.
30.gif

Yes your wedding set is beautiful.
30.gif

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This one adds a second band with side stones but the way it is designed, it looks like one ring and you'd still want a wedding band.

Ilusion head 1ct from Stuller, step shank also from Stuller, enhancer purchased dirt cheap on ebay. Cat hair: Free.
10.gif

wgIll2.JPG

wgIll1.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Ada that wrap is amazing--it totally looks like one complete ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results