shape
carat
color
clarity

Wrap gold necklace

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
Hello

I saw someone wearing a gorgeous gold wrap necklace, that was very delicate. I would describe it as being a very long chain that wrapped several times around her neck and came together with the two ends hanging down at the front, so no clasp at the back. I'm not in a position to ask this person where the chain is from. Can anyone tell me what this type of chain would be called?

Thanks so much

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I think maybe it might be called a Lariat necklace??? Would be keen on recommendations on this style. :)

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
David Yurman has (or used to have) lovely lariat necklaces if you want to check his site out. You can probably find a few of his older versions that were true wrap arounds on ebay.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love lariat style necklaces but wear mine long. They are quick and easy to slip on (no clasps) and go with anything.

Here is my 14k gold one...bought it decades ago at Intergem. I don't think it's as long (about 36") or delicate as the one you saw. But I assume you could have one made easy enough to your specifications.

IMG_20180520_183204.jpg
Not what you are looking for but this one is my favorite and a go-to piece. I made it by simply wire wrapping pearls on a long chain.
IMG_20180520_183503.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results