shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nani565

Shiny_Rock
So after dinner Friday night me and my Fiance decided to walk around the mall for a little bit. I was in a jewelry store that I had been in 100 times over and my Fiance got a little antsy and was like "you have seen everything in here!" and so I said okay and left but he felt kind of bad and so allowed me to go into Mayors which i never go in because the people are extra rude and never let me see anything. To my surprise everyone was super nice and they even let my try on a 6.04 carat VVS G color diamond!!! they took me in to a special room to let me try it on!! it was about $450,000 it was absolutely gorgeous and took up my entire finger!!! it was a bit ridiculous! but beautiful so for our 70 year wedding anniversary my fiance said he would buy it for me!!! LoL but for now! Im just aiming for a 1.5 ct diamond!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love good sales people and it’s refreshing to hear a good story about them. Kudos to Meyers.

One of my very favorite things to do back when I was in the retailing business and when I talk to retailers about how to improve their businesses is to do exactly this. They come in, you ask if you can help and a huge percentage of the time they say they are ‘just looking’. "GREAT! Thanks for stopping in, you came to the right place. Look at THIS!" Then show them the finest piece in the store. It rarely results in a quick sale but it’s one heck of an icebreaker and it significantly increases the chances that the customer will tell you what they really want when compared to the traditional response of “ok, let me know if you need anything” and then walking away.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 11:05:27 AM
Author: denverappraiser
I love good sales people and it’s refreshing to hear a good story about them. Kudos to Meyers.

One of my very favorite things to do back when I was in the retailing business and when I talk to retailers about how to improve their businesses is to do exactly this. They come in, you ask if you can help and a huge percentage of the time they say they are ‘just looking’. ''GREAT! Thanks for stopping in, you came to the right place. Look at THIS!'' Then show them the finest piece in the store. It rarely results in a quick sale but it’s one heck of an icebreaker and it significantly increases the chances that the customer will tell you what they really want when compared to the traditional response of “ok, let me know if you need anything” and then walking away.

Neil Beaty

GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA

Professional Appraisals in Denver

I totally agree with Neil! I''ve been on both sides of the equation (as a client and a salesperson) and believe that genuine kindness and passion is the best way to win a loyal client. I''ve also learned that the ''quick sale'' may not compare to what might eventually come from a well-tended relationship.

My favorite breakfast place has a cute little sign over the stove: "I would rather have the pleasure of serving 10 customers 100 times than 1000 customers."

Quick sales are lovely, but the depth of the relationship matters! I want to trust my jeweler. My jeweler wants to trust me. A loyal client-merchant relationship is mutually beneficial!

Plus, shopping for luxury items should be pleasurable. During the course of the visit, the client might discover, through "play," more about his/her desires, and that just might work to your favor.

Nothing is ever certain.

But you can both have a good time anyway. :)

Finally!

Rough_Rock
Kimkocat and Neil have hit the nail on the head.

I am in Customer Experience Management. This means I work with a company to change its way of thinking about how best to improve the bottom line. Traditionally that was done by trimming (think of airlines cutting out meals, then snacks, now luggage...) I show companies that the BEST way to an improved bottom line is to develop a great relationship - a personal relationship - with every customer. As you said, a well-tended relationship yields so much more over the long term. That''s what "brand loyalty" is about, but customer experience management is about so much more than that... it''s also the most direct route to the elusive "word of mouth referral". This is becoming recognized as the golden prize of today''s business world. Consider this question, from a recent survey I received:

The following are potential sources of information you might use to decide where to buy something. Please rank them according to their value to you as sources:

Manufacturer web site
Magazine
Seller web site
Informational visit to seller''s store
Third-party web site
Newspaper
Word of mouth/ recommendation by family or friend
Local television station
Local radio station
Direct mail from seller
Previous experience with seller

I know my answers, but I''m curious to know yours.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Finally this request is bordering on breaking the rules I think

Date: 11/15/2008 3:28:08 PM
Author: Finally!
Kimkocat and Neil have hit the nail on the head.

I am in Customer Experience Management. This means I work with a company to change its way of thinking about how best to improve the bottom line. Traditionally that was done by trimming (think of airlines cutting out meals, then snacks, now luggage...) I show companies that the BEST way to an improved bottom line is to develop a great relationship - a personal relationship - with every customer. As you said, a well-tended relationship yields so much more over the long term. That''s what ''brand loyalty'' is about, but customer experience management is about so much more than that... it''s also the most direct route to the elusive ''word of mouth referral''. This is becoming recognized as the golden prize of today''s business world. Consider this question, from a recent survey I received:

The following are potential sources of information you might use to decide where to buy something. Please rank them according to their value to you as sources:

Manufacturer web site
Magazine
Seller web site
Informational visit to seller''s store
Third-party web site
Newspaper
Word of mouth/ recommendation by family or friend
Local television station
Local radio station
Direct mail from seller
Previous experience with seller

I know my answers, but I''m curious to know yours.
But WoM is the #1 answer, generally accompanied by some of the others

MMT

Ideal_Rock
70 year anniversary, that gives you something to look forward to
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard on the news this week a couple who was celebrating 72 happy years together. Wonder what she got?
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results