shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the pics and opinions. Keep them coming.
Here is a pic of my stone so you can see how low it is. I was looking at a possible new setting, but think that one will
hide the beauty of my stone. Maybe a trellis setting? :confused:

IMG_5877_2.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous to me as it is!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker! :wavey: I tried on an e-ring setting with a comfort fit band and it was so comfortable! This ring is very thin and it is platinum but doesn't give a lot of finger coverage. I like how it looks from this angle , but stone looks kind of plopped on there/low. ?
I want to bring out the best in my stone and not sure if this setting is doing it justice... :confused: :wavey:

Also thinking the low setting I have is making it look larger? Do you think a trellis setting would make the diamond more isolated from the sidestones? (smallr)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most people here seem to think a stone set higher looks larger. But most will not advise setting a stone high because it will much ore easily get whacked on things. I did have my diamond set lower than I liked and I reset it at medium height. I don't really like ultra low, but I wouldn't set high, either. I try to find the happy medium!

Is the stone an old cut? Because I wouldn't like it in a contemporary setting if it is. I'd want an antique style setting but a little higher than the one you have. Beverley K comes to mind.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Hi iluvdiamonds2 :wavey:

I have seen you post numerous times about resetting over the last few months, and while I love the current setting, I definitely understand your reasons for wanting a different setting. Your diamond is an OEC, correct? I agree with DS, an antique style setting would really show off the diamond best, and Beverley K ones are great. Try checking out Pearlman's website, they have a great selection of Beverley K settings on their site.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvdiamonds2, do you mean to tell me you haven't gotten around to that reset yet? :D I'm just teasing - it's a tough decision!

I love your setting, but the thing is I don't think you love it, and that's what matters! And I understand what you're saying about wanting the diamond set a bit higher. I like a happy medium myself. I agree with PP's - I would stick to antique styles to really show off your old cut stone. I like cushion shaped halos, I think they have a vintage feel.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking of this one.....see the difference? stone is about the same

IMG_5894_2.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvdiamonds2|1340157465|3219830 said:
I was thinking of this one.....see the difference? stone is about the same

I think it's a pretty setting, and it's certainly higher which is what you want - I think you should get whatever you like, and whatever will help you enjoy your diamond!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Junebug! I am really undecied and I hate feeling this way! :loopy:
anyway, i might buy this online and then see how i like it and have 30 dys to return
i don't know if my ring will look less cushiony in this setting.. what do u think?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results