shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow Wee! I got engaged in Maui!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
So I was right about something being fishy...my boyfriend proposed in Maui this past Friday night! He had told me that his parents were paying for us to go to San Francisco for an early birthday present. Finally, he told me his parents found cheap airfare to Maui so we were going to go there. However, my fiance (!!) had this whole trip planned for months. We stayed at a boutique hotel with 5 suites with a pool in the middle and the beach in front. We also rented a jeep and had fun cruising around the island and on the road to Hana with the top down.

My Fiance proposed Friday night after dinner in the hotel. He always asks how much I love him, and I respond by extending my arms as far as possible and saying "this much!". So I said what I usually say, and then he took my hands and placed the ring in them and said "well, right now I only need you to love me this much." He got down on one knee and said that he hoped I wasn''t busy in the future, because he wanted to know if I''d spend the rest of my life with him.

We spent the next 4 days eating, drinking, shopping, relaxing and celebrating. My Fiance had this trip planned for months as I freaked out that he was never going to propose, and he had even asked my parents for their blessing. My mom had a hard time keeping it a secret from me! So I guess take me off the LIW list!!!!

Mauiii.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG what a sweet and super memorable proposal! Maui?!?! he definitely went all out!
Congrats and please post more pics of that gorgeous ring!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your proposal sounds perfect and your ring is GORGEOUS!
18.gif

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! My Fiance did a very good job with the proposal. I just wish I could have been a little more patient. I freaked out on him about 2 months ago, when he already had this trip and the proposal planned. Poor guy! My parents picked us up from the airport since they were dog sitting for us and got us a mini wedding cake.

cake 1.jpg

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
another cake picture!

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
here''s the second cake pic...

cake 22.jpg

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Can I say AGAIN (I posted in show me the ring) GORGEOUS!!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
That''s so sweet that your parents got you that cake...you must be estatic!

jazzgal4ever

Rough_Rock
Congrats!! Your ring is beautiful!! Don''t be too hard on yourself about giving him a hard time. It was much more worth it for you to be surprised than to have figured it out! That cake was adorable!

Nitza1124

Rough_Rock
Yay! Congratulations
36.gif
and what a sweet proposal everything sounded perfect...and might i add...your ring is GORGEOUS
9.gif
o0o0 and that cake is just completely adorable
1.gif
congrats

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I''m so happy for you!
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations :) I saw the ring what a beauty :)

Awww that proposal is sooo sweet and the cake LOL OMGIE look at how darn cute that thing is :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story and...

YOUR RING MADE MY JAW DROP! I love it! Love it! Love it!

What a cute idea to give you two a mini wedding cake!!!!!

Congratulations!!!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to you...wow a proposal in Maui! Beautiful ring, truely one of a kind!

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to you all for the congratulations. Some of my single friends IRL are driving me crazy with tacky questions. All they want to know is how big it is and one was trying to figure out how much the ring cost. Do they not even realize that the four C''s exist? Anyway, I wish all of you still waiting a short wait !

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
That sounds AMAZING from start to finish! I love it! And the ring is to DIE for, oh my gosh!!!!!!! GORGEOUS!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats...your ring looks awesome!!!

designdreamr

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I''m slightly embarassed to admit this, but I actually teared up and cried a little when I read your engagement story! "I only need you to love me this much..." Ohhhhhh! Too too too sweet!
36.gif

And your ring... ohmigosh! I''m absolutely certifiably jealous! It looks STUNNING on your hand!!! Geeeeeee-orgeous!
1.gif

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, yeah...I''ll admit I teared up a little too when I read the proposal
41.gif

What a great story to tell your kids AND what a GORGEOUS ring to boot! Congrats on you engagement and your BEAUTIFUL e-ring!!!!
36.gif
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful! Congrats.

shel

Shiny_Rock
Congrats. Seeing the Kimo''s napkins brought back so many great memories of my honeymoon in Maui. Thanks.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
what a wonderful proposal story! and a gorgeous ring
emsmile.gif
you are surrounded by many people who love you-that is the true blessing. makes me want to start all over again
emteeth.gif
but after almost 21 years, don''t think that''s going to happen. good luck and many blessings...

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Once again, thanks to all of you ladies for the congratulations! It means a lot to me that strangers all over the world took the time to read my story!

Now, as for planning the wedding, that''s turned out to be just as stressful as waiting for the proposal! FI and I are probably moving to either D.C. or NYC this summer, in which case we''d be moving and then flying back to CA for our wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results