shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow... Was anyone else stalking this AVC?

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
I know I'm not the only one who spent the last year watching the 4.2ct N AVC. I noticed about a month ago that it was no longer listed on GOG, so I just kicked myself for not buying it when I had the chance and moved on. However, I was just checking inventory for a possible RHR and it's back... but at a MUCH higher price. 16k increase from a few months ago. :shock:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7145/

All I can say is wow.

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
My word - that is an astronomical price increase.

I considered that stone quite seriously about a year ago for my engagement ring, but we ended up getting something from JbEG instead. I kept visiting the AVC though, because it is a really beautiful diamond. I just can't believe that it's gone up in price so much. Surely the market has recalibrated itself to that extent?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The smaller stones have gone up a huge amount, too. It's across the board with all diamonds, not just AVC's and not just GOG. I showed someone a 1.2 H VS2 the other day around $12,000. That blew my mind to see a price like that.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep. I didn't have high hopes it'd be available in a year-and-a-half in times for my 5 year anniversary ... but a girl could hope. Now, though, I'll just have to console myself with the fact that the husband thought it was too tinted, anyway. Sour grapes at their finest, mmm!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my eye on that one as well and I might have pulled the trigger on it except that it disappeared when I made my purchase, and then reappeared again, and then disappeared, etc. It's been gone for about a month so someone must have purchased it and returned it. Definitely a gorgeous diamond.

I know the fancy cuts have increased in price but have the rounds, as well?

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmm..... exquisite. :love: I feel breathless!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this stone. I also saw that it disappeared, and assumed that it was purchased. I cannot believe it has gone up $16k. Wow, just wow.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1307285887|2938303 said:
I had my eye on that one as well and I might have pulled the trigger on it except that it disappeared when I made my purchase, and then reappeared again, and then disappeared, etc. It's been gone for about a month so someone must have purchased it and returned it. Definitely a gorgeous diamond.

I know the fancy cuts have increased in price but have the rounds, as well?

Oh, yes! The studs I bought back in maybe Feb. have seen maybe 2 price increases since then. The wire price of my .64 G VS2 ACA was $2132. back around Feb. and today a .65 G VS2 ACA is $2589. (both before PS discount). That is over a 20% increase.

Larger stones have probably gone up more than that. The rough has greatly increased in price, so the shape of the stone is irrelevant. All of us who bought stones earlier in the year were very, very fortunate! I feel like the AVC's are out of my reach now, sadly.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I just had to check the diamond I'm stalking ... no price increase yet :bigsmile: I hope it stays that way until Christmas

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1307295258|2938388 said:
Larger stones have probably gone up more than that. The rough has greatly increased in price, so the shape of the stone is irrelevant. All of us who bought stones earlier in the year were very, very fortunate! I feel like the AVC's are out of my reach now, sadly.

I completely agree with the above. I bought my RB last August and stones with similar specs are now selling for at least 8k more. It's madness - I'm so glad I'm not seriously diamond hunting right now!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1307296975|2938414 said:
Wow! I just had to check the diamond I'm stalking ... no price increase yet :bigsmile: I hope it stays that way until Christmas

Sparkly Blonde - If you're sure this is the stone you want, I would consider putting the diamond on layaway now. The recent price increases are big and it's highly unlikely it'll stay it's current price for long. I guess I'm just concerned you'll have to pay 20% more for this stone in six months - when you can start paying for it now at it's current price.

All vendors are slowly increasing their prices and I wouldn't bet that this stone will stay the way it is. The vendors need enough funds to replenish their inventories once you buy it. Even though they might have bought this particular stone for less, they can't replace it six months from now without asking more for it.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
iota15|1307318504|2938605 said:
Sparkly Blonde|1307296975|2938414 said:

Sparkly Blonde - If you're sure this is the stone you want, I would consider putting the diamond on layaway now. The recent price increases are big and it's highly unlikely it'll stay it's current price for long. I guess I'm just concerned you'll have to pay 20% more for this stone in six months - when you can start paying for it now at it's current price.

All vendors are slowly increasing their prices and I wouldn't bet that this stone will stay the way it is. The vendors need enough funds to replenish their inventories once you buy it. Even though they might have bought this particular stone for less, they can't replace it six months from now without asking more for it.

hmm, does GOG do layaway? I'll have to email and ask. DH and I are *this close* to paying off our CC and emergency dental bills which is why I've been waiting.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Let us know if they do Sparkly Blonde! This option would be great!!

Thanks!

Cachette :))

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't know it was a GOG stone. Call Jon to ask what programs they offer. On their website, they also say they'll provide 6 month interest free financing - http://www.goodoldgold.com/financing/

I don't want to push you to buy a stone if it's financially unsound for you to do so now. In fact, I don't advocate buying anything you couldn't comfortably afford. I'm sure you and your husband know what's best for you. I just thought this might be something to consider.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results