shape
carat
color
clarity

WOW... the new setting is finally here! [:naughty:]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your ring is just.... WOW! Did I read the stats on the stone wrong.... NO WAY that''s 1.75 ct. That thing looks ginormous! Gorgeous stone and gorgeous ring!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous setting and beautiful stone. It is lovely on your hand

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks Liza! We were originally going for a 2 carat, but it became difficult on our budget, until i found this 1.75 with the spread of a 2 carat (about half of the 2 carat stones i looked up originally faced up smaller for some reason)-- and we were able to go up in color to an F and in clarity to a VS2. It was a cushion brilliant with a medium culet, and it''s absolutely perfect. it has a cristal inclusion that i can clearly see from the side of the diamond, but it''s very difficult to see it from the top. I found it on Blue Nile and asked the vendor we were working with to source it for us. He was able to get it for us that same day. I was really impressed with how responsive and resourceful he was!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks *enormous* - I would have guessed bigger than 2 ct., off the top of my head! You have lovely long pianist''s hands, which adds to the impression. :)

Could I ask who designed the setting? It''s very modern and absolutely gorgeous, which is a departure for this vintage-loving gal: I think it''s the first cutting edge setting I''ve really loved! Thanks so much for sharing it ....

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s a stunning setting.
I love how delicate it looks. Those
cushions from ERD are just amazing.

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Circe, The setting is by Mark Patterson. My FI got it a Michael C Fina in New york. He also has a web site www.markpatterson.com. He''s a little difficult to find, but the good thing is that you rarely see someone else with your setting :).

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh, thats is so beautiful!!! You are going to be stared at irl Im sure. I wonder how many people will be dying to ask you all about it....because it really does look so princess like on you!!!! I love how the side diamonds visually merge with the centre with no metal showing. It makes for a really huge diamond effect and definately makes the large centre look even bigger!!!!

It really is a delicate yet substantial ring, total eye candy!
30.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wowowow!! that is one helluva cushion!! beautiful!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
WOW that band is SO thin and delicate looking... beautiful! How many mm is it??? Beautiful cushion too! It looks really nice on you.
21.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
If you have more pics, PLEEEEEASE post them! This ring is just absolutely gorgeous!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
yowza! That is a beautiful ring. I love how the diamonds go under the head...The setting is unique. I liked your other setting, but this....wow. It really makes your diamond pop.
30.gif
That would be great if you can get the matching bands. I really like those thin bands.

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sera- the band is between 1-1.5 mm, but its closer to 2mm on the side, so I guess it gets its strength from it''s side thickness. It''s definitely taller than it is wide. The salesperson at michael C fina said that it was the thinnest setting they carried! They only make it in platinum because of the thinness. It feels very sturdy.

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
prbaglady,

Amazing! I love the head! It''s beautiful!!!! You did a great job with the setting!!

Hurray for new settings!!!!
36.gif
30.gif

Show that baby off!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
It''s just breathtaking!! Love everything about it.
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gourgeous! I love it!

Kaffine14

Rough_Rock
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR RING! It is to die for! The setting reminds me of the Daniel K rosebud and Dimend Scassi''s setting, http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=asscher2B . I am looking for something very similar but I wouldn''t have thought to put a cushion in the setting. I LOVE IT! Did Mark from ERD recommend to look at some Mark Patterson setting...how did you come across his work. The pave is so delicate and romantic!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! What a unique setting! Congrats!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey Kaffine. It''s very similar to a rosebud setting. I love the scaassi setting and considered it as well! the biggest difference is that you don''t see the side diamonds from the top of a rosebud. The side diamonds are visible on my setting, and they definitely look like they''re cradling the stone from the top. The band is also thinner than on the daniel k and the scaasi.

Also, the stone on the MP setting is suspended above the basket, making it look like it''s floating. You can see the whole diamond from the side and the girdle is exposed. The diamond sits higher on this setting than on the DK and scaasi settings (where the diamond sits flush with the basket), which some people might not love. BUT a good side benefit is that the diamond really does sparkle a lot more than it did in its original basket setting. It used to look a little dark in the center, which I originally thought was due to the diamond''s cut, but now the whole thing is brilliant. The diamond''s now exposed to light on all sides, and it makes a big difference. I''ll post some before and after pics tonight to show you what I mean.

I came across the setting at michael C fina. I went there to look at settings in general, since they have a pretty varied selection. I saw this setting with a 1 ct round and loved the thin, delicate look of the band and the fact that it made the diamond look larger without being an actual halo, but was hesitant to order it without really knowing what it would look like with a rectangular cushion. I looked at countless of other settings all over new york (including daniel K) and found beautiful designs, but I kept returning to the MP setting every time. the workmanship is very precise and the micropave is some of the best work I''ve seen. Someone told me that he used to be the head designer at tiffany''s before he started his own line, but I don''t know 100% if that''s the case.

Finally, I brought the FI in, showed him all the contenders, and let him make the final decision on what would work best. That way, it was basically a surprise, though he couldn''t help himself and told me what the final setting would be when he proposed.
9.gif

apologies for the long post, I''m not the best at being concise!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I have never seen anything like that before...Really really nice. I like it a lot. The diamonds around (or that is what it appears like, although they aren''t) the stone making it pop!

Kaffine14

Rough_Rock
prbaglady! Thank you so much for your detailed response...I must say that you have changed my mind from rounds and I may just consider cushions now. I don't think I have to really know what I want for at least 6 months or so, but your ring has definitely given me a broader sense of what I am looking for. I am a big delicate pave fan, with a 1.7-2 center, so I will have to check out some of mp's settings. I am going to nyc in a couple weekends...maybe I will head over to the Michael Fina store! YAY! I am not sure if you mentioned before, but what is your ring size?

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Kaffine- My ring size is 4.75, though I''m thinking of having it resized to a 5, since it''s very tight when it''s hot out.
Anyhow, I thought it would be fun to post before and after pics. I loved the old setting as well, but the stone def. looks different. I don''t have Photoshop right now and i tried to make a collage using paint-- it didn''t work out too well, but you get the idea.

ring compare.JPG

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Drool!!!
3.gif

I love that setting. I can tell it would really add to the sparkle factor. Great choice!!
36.gif

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Love micro pave, and i love how thin it is!!!

Absolutly beautiful!

shelly1170

Shiny_Rock
It''s just gorgeous! Modern but classic... a perfect blend!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
that is literally one of the most gorgeous engagement rings I have ever seen in my life. I''m not kidding. You may have convinced me that I want a cushion cut if I ever upgrade.

WOW !!!!

Now THAT is a ring !!!!!

I love the setting with the cushion cut..... it''s amazing !!!!

Congratulations !!!!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I dont think I answered your thread, but that is one gorgeous ring! I love the unique crown on it. Absolutely gorgeous!

Judy
:)

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse, browneyedcountrygirl, tberube, lady amethyst, snowshelly1170, i just saw your replies. thanks so much for the compliments! I absolutely love the ring!

A random girl on the subway asked to take a picture of it the other day. HUH? It was flattering, i guess, but mostly just odd!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! I love cushion cut stones, and yours is just magnificent!

I swear when you posted the before and after pix, it looked like your stone doubled in size...just amazing!

I adore how unique your new setting is! Congratulations, and wear it in good health!

areagirlsbestfriend

Rough_Rock
WOWWWWW!

No words -- literally. That ring is HOT. Congrats. Your stone looks likes a 3 ct.

I''m interested though - what did the temporary setting look like? Did you post that already and I''m just out of the loop?

Again - your ring is amazing.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results