shape
carat
color
clarity

WOW! Stunning Sapphire in LOGR Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WARNING - PICTURE OVERLOAD!

You may recall that I posted a few pictures of a gorgeous sapphire (untreated) I bought recently? It''s now set in an LOGR setting. I specifically wanted a setting that would make the sapphire feel larger as it''s only just over 1ct and I also wanted to make sure that it didn''t "dull" the phenomenal colour.

I love the stone in this setting but I''d love to hear whether you think the sapphire should be lowered more into the setting? It''s very high (not a problem as I wear high rings) BUT I''m concerned that the proportions look odd. What do you think?

The setting used is the one in the bottom of this photo.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now in it''s new home. I am truly stunned by the colour of this Sapphire. Even in dull light it performs and is bright. Me love!
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too high?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one and a teaser preview of my new Zircon!

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bravo
36.gif
LD

What a lovely blue sapphire and also a lovely mount... I love that color blue; and I can not think of a lovelier mount either; it really makes the gem POP... You did really well; I know you are proud of that sparkler; I know I would be...

Very nice LD, very nice... I love quality...

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful! The colours of the zircon and sapphire is truly stunning!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sapphire is stunning and looks gorgeous from the top down in that setting. But oy does that side view kill me. It is much much too high IMO...it really belongs much lower in that setting.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Truly a gorgeous blue! I love it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a dazzling blue sapphire! I think it looks lovely in that setting. I love the zircon ring too! YOWZA! What beautiful hands you have!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 2:36:53 PM
Author: neatfreak
That sapphire is stunning and looks gorgeous from the top down in that setting. But oy does that side view kill me. It is much much too high IMO...it really belongs much lower in that setting.
I agree with neatfreak. The color is gorgeous, and I love the look of the setting... but it''s so high.

kiyyum

Rough_Rock
Trade
that sapphire is so gorgeous!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 2:28:30 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Too high?
YES, it's too high! But, I LOVE the way your jeweler did the prongs on the top - pointed, but not coming over the top of the stone too much.

eta - I'm also loving the DNA shank! It looks like you didn't upgrade the diamonds - are you happy with the quality?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous Sapphire, and ring! Now that is a blue that I could stare out forever!!!
30.gif

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I posted before the side view and I have to agree it is setting a little high for normal wear; it looks like they could go about 2mm lower without thinning or spreading the prongs too far; that would give it a better side reveal and lessen the chances of striking it on something... just my opinion; I would hate to see you whack it on something and chip that awesome sapphire... As it is a very lovely gem and a lovely mount... I really love that combination
18.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too high. Normally I can''t tell from the face up view, but in your pics I could tell right away something looked off. The side profile looks uncomfortably high.

Gorgeous stone and setting though!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I have to say it looks great in the setting and the setting is beautiful but yes it seems a bit high. Maybe I''m biased though because I know if I had anything set that high I''d knock it on everything.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous colours on both the sapphire, and the zircon! My preference would be to lower the sapphire, but again, it looks lovely in that setting!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
That sapphire is amazing!! Absolutely gorgeous color AND cut!! I''d definitely see about lowering it though. What diameter setting did you get from LOGR? How does the state size of the mount match with the measured dimensions of the stone? The setting is perfect to highlight that beauty, but then again, it would look beautiful in mothballs!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and here I thought the zircon was stunning! Wow, I love the color and the setting but agree that it is kind of high. Now you have two fabulous rings!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love your beautiful blue sapphire. I''m wondering if it might be a little large for the setting and that is why the jeweler set it so high. In that case, I''d leave it alone. It looks very pretty from the top.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I had the same thoughts as Fly Girl -- gorgeous blue sapphire, but the setting might be a bit too small for the size of the stone. The ring does look very nice from the top though, so if the side view does not bother you too much, continue to wear it and enjoy it!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I love the setting, but I do think the stone could be a bit lower

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi LD!!

That''s a very beautiful sapphire and the setting compliments it very nicely, but I agree with everyone else that it should be set lower. Is there a reason why it was set so high?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your lovely comments and also honesty about the setting.

I have no idea why the benchman decided to set it so high! I''m puzzled! I did say I''d like it to sit high to allow the light in BUT didn''t mean it to be sky-scraper high! I will look into lowering it though because it seems out of proportion.

The LOGR setting is for a 6mm stone and so this SHOULD be a fit but it does look tight. I''m not worried about that though.

I didn''t upgrade the diamonds in the LOGR and they''re right on the border of being ok. In hindsight I perhaps should have upgraded but they do hold their own and sparkle well so I can live with them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results