shape
carat
color
clarity

Wow.. great B&M experience..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Welp, I finally skipped out of work to go check out some settings in person (Etienne Perret and Whitney Boin) at a Boston jeweler located in the financial district. I think they were slightly taken aback when I wandered in without an appointment and in jeans, lugging a bookbag and umbrella

Nevertheless, they rose admirably to the occasion, pulling out ring after ring to show me once I''d declared what I wanted in a setting. While I was there, I asked if she could show me some stones so I could get an idea of color and size. Saleslady asked what color/clarity I was looking at, then tested me by saying ''D color and vvs, right?''. One look at my face and she knew I''d been doing some research. She said she gets SO frustrated telling people that they don''t HAVE to pay for the color and clarity that they can''t see... and then ran back and pulled out a VERY talkative 0.75 *J* color stone. The store only sells Lazare Diamonds.. this particular stone was quite yummy. She showed me the sarin for the stone and dragged me from one end of the store to the other to show me how it looked in different lights - even taking me to completely unlit back shadowed corners to look at the stone. For all that I read about how the lower-color stones face up very well with good cutting, it was shocking to see in real life.

After hearing so many horror stories about some B&M stores, it was nice to find a place that wasn''t trying to upsell everything and really honestly didn''t care if I bought a tiny stone (they don''t usually carry stones this ''small'') or a massive one. They just wanted me to find what I thought was attractive. They wanted me to come back!

Mrs. Whitney Boin was also in the store, apparently.. or so I was told..

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice to hear! As a B&M with an internet presence I am always happy to hear when someone gets it right!

Wink

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Hey Wink... it's from hearing stories about you and Jonathan and some of the other PS vendors with B&M settings that I thought I'd give this place a try. You're on my (short) list of places to bother about diamonds - so consider yourself warned! (insert evil cackle here).

2.gif

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Rfath, would you mind if I used your message to print off and hand to jewelers in our next meeting. Some really need to hear how to do things well from a customer's view?

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Mr. Bohall -

Sure, be my guest!

Rachel

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, no Mr. needed, I am as casual as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results