shape
carat
color
clarity

Would your friends laugh at you if you wore a fake diamond?

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
I tried viewing it but the video is so shaky it made me reach for the dramamineo_O
Looks large and blingy and beautifully cut from what I could tell
Thanks, but still wanting to hear from any AV Asscher cut owners out there.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do wear some faux stones and no one cares. I buy them when I'm thinking about trying something out, and have found 9 times out of 10 that I don't go through with it. So I'm perfectly happy with my faux tennis bracelet and many faux earrings. Bags, nah. I carry a coach wristlet wallet and that's it. I would never call someone out, and I'm sure strangers probably thing my real bling is fake anyway.:P2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friends laugh at me for being obsessed with real diamonds. They would laugh even more if I started wearing simulants.
I think my friends would laugh at me too.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe any of them would care to be honest.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No..Mine wouldn’t laugh at all…One wears almost exclusively costume jewelry. She always looks wonderfully put together. The other one wears the same real jewelry all the time..She sleeps and showers with them. The other one is a minimalist. She only wears costume earrings and a simple gold band. I get a fish eye from her even though I tone it down when I get together with them. They’re just not into jewelry.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
nope most of my friends wouldnt know the difference...I get more compliments on my blue mossiante ring than any other piece of "real" jewelry I own

@diamondringlover May I please see a pic of your blue moissanite ring? I have a pendant with a 2 carat light blue moissanite.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondringlover May I please see a pic of your blue moissanite ring? I have a pendant with a 2 carat light blue moissanite.
this is one of my favorite rings...it is set in 14K white gold with 0.47 in diamond accents...I have a thread on here somewhere....
P1070839 (2).JPG

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is one of my favorite rings...it is set in 14K white gold with 0.47 in diamond accents...I have a thread on here somewhere....
P1070839 (2).JPG

I know that ring! I admired it! It’s so pretty!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No..Mine wouldn’t laugh at all…One wears almost exclusively costume jewelry. She always looks wonderfully put together. The other one wears the same real jewelry all the time..She sleeps and showers with them. The other one is a minimalist. She only wears costume earrings and a simple gold band. I get a fish eye from her even though I tone it down when I get together with them. They’re just not into jewelry.
Mama, You need to find some new friends...:lol:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I bought a Pucci bag this spring and my husband asked if it was a fake Gucci having to do with dogs. Poochie?? Hahaha
He was not familiar with Emilio Pucci.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have any fake diamonds, or counterfeit handbags, or copies of anything designer. Just not my thing. But I don't think any of my friends would know one way or the other unless I told them. And if I did have fake/counterfeit stuff they wouldn't typically care except some would care about the counterfeit aspect of it, which isn't really something I, or they would support.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They wouldn't care at all!!!

One of my friends has fake diamonds and these gigantic fake pearl earrings. She inspired me to buy ones made from jade! All good fun!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love Morya on Schitts creek
her look is just so much fun

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I am of an age and status that I could afford such, no one would question me. Sadly I don’t care about designer stuff.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any lab diamonds, but no. I don't even think my friends would notice. Most don't really notice my jewelry I care so much about :lol:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Everyone knows I'm obsessed with jewelry so they know everything I'm wearing is real lol!

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
The only people I know who actively try to figure out if something someone carrying is fake or counterfeit weren't very nice and only did so to denigrate someone (can't imagine why else someone would bother).

Yet they also had no problems carrying counterfeit items themselves, so... no they're not my friends

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW I can say that I usually assume any large stone is lab or mimic, but I don't assign any emotion or care to that. Around here it's trendy for young men to wear almost comically large CZ stud earrings.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I unabashedly wear a CZ tennis bracelet. I have killer real diamond earrings and engagement ring (at least I consider them awesome) so I have no problem saying my bracelet isn't the real thing, just a fun, happy stand-in, like a stunt double. I still delight in wearing it and mixing it with my real diamonds.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
My friends would laugh along with me if I intentionally carried a knockoff bag with the purported brand spelled wrong.

I, too, have no fake diamonds, only sparkly matter of varying chemical composition.

000Ed

Rough_Rock
I wear CZ's alot most of them dont even know. never have I been asked if they were fake. I have fooled so many people even with my massive 18mm amazon CZ studs. I wore a nicer set to a wedding and got loads of complements as I did with my diamond studs as well. maybe I just play if off well

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh DF we miss you! Can you imagine his comments now that Lab diamonds are common? RIP my friend!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No my friends are hippies who sew their own bags from old clothes so the last thing they'd care about is a branded bag.

I know this is an old post but your description of your friends made me feel so nostalgic for my teen years when all MY friends were hippies who sewed their own bags from old cloths! (And skirts, and handkerchief tops. This was mid 90s…)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results