shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you wear this ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Getting past my desire for sparkly poo, I''ve got to say that I sort of half like the idea of the ring. I like that it made me stop and think for a few minutes.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago, gemstones were set upside down and were known as "Scribbler" rings. You were supposed to use the gemstone to etch/carve etc romantic messages onto things (although not onto each other!).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 11:13:51 AM
Author: ericad
LOL, I think he''s pretty darn funny. But then again, many think I have a strange sense of humor :)

pssttt.....erica, I thought it funny too..and ditto on the sense of humour
2.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a nutcase........ who is probably richer than hell!
23.gif
Why didn''t I think of making feces sparkle??
20.gif
I didn''t know that there would be a market for that.
14.gif
I think I will stick to wearing my sparklies thank you very much!!!
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That is very weird looking...glad that its photoshopped
23.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 11:56:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
How sick is that???
32.gif

But that is photoshopped, I think. Looks like a Tiffany setting straight off their site.
That is what I was thinking, too! Some people are bizarre, truly.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
My dog had sparkly poo after eating a Christmas tree orgnament
6.gif
He''s fine and the poo was impressive
9.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
20.gif

Not nearly as clever as he thinks he is. He has a ring with the diamond embedded inside the band (response to flashy consumerism) but that''s done all the time, so... ?!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 12:07:36 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Thing2 has a diamond that is set like that.

I do! But I haven''t killed anyone with it...yet. Here''s a pic from the website of my ring:

acringinverse.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
You learn something new every day.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Well, at this particular moment, I think it would be pretty darn funny if my ering was like this. (soon-to-be-exe stole my rings). And then perhaps there would be a slight mishap while he''s holding it close to his face inspecting it to decide if it was worth stealing or not.
27.gif
Ok. I''m not really that mean. But it kinda did make me laugh.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 5:10:06 PM
Author: thing2of2

I do! But I haven''t killed anyone with it...yet. Here''s a pic from the website of my ring:

acringinverse.jpg
Whoa, that is COOL!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Is this a joke?
32.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 8:49:49 AM
Author: geckodani
Me either, LOL.

More on the guy:

Tobias Wong has transformed original Warhol screenprints into gift wrap, disguised a lowly coffee cup as an opulent crystal-cut glass and made sparkly pills that let you shit glitter. This Brooklyn-based paraconceptual artist places absurd, clever spins on the notion of everyday objects and the consumer experience—''I''m trying to expose leverage between art and design,'' he says.

http://www.weeklydig.com/department-commerce/style/200709/tobias-wong

He''s also made crystaline dixie cups.
20.gif

ETA: From Wikipedia.

Tobi Wong

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Tobi wong)

Jump to: navigation, search

Born in Vancouver in 1974, Tobi Wong moved to New York to study art and become an artist and a designer. His conceptual art pieces borrow forms and ideas from contemporary industrial design and luxury objects. The presentation of his work in the context of design stores and industry magazines challenges his audience and criticizes the consumer products of his generation.

Wong studied art at Cooper Union School of Art where he graduated in sculpture. While in school he became known for his personal style and his clear message, not to mention the infamous neon sign in his East Village apartment window. Typical for his early work are installations with a large number of the same industrial product which he would stack or assemble to create architectural shapes. Other presentations are more conceptual and question the meaning of how we consume or what we consume today. In collaboration with the designer Philipp Mohr he created the ''hidden diamond ring'' which features a diamond on the inside of a wedding band. Together with Ken Courtney of Ju$t Another Rich Kid he launched a collection of luxury products cast in gold. One of his most acclaimed designs is his ''ballistic rose'', a rose pin made of black bullet proof material. It has been included in the design collection at MoMA.

In 2007 Wong arranged for a colleague to assume his identity for a presentation at Core77''s Offsite speaker series. Rama Chorpash, designer and Chair of the Undergraduate Industrial Design Department at The University of the Arts in Philadelphia, stayed in character throughout the presentation and during a subsequent question and answer period.[1] The ruse is consistent with Wong''s subversive design oeuvre.

omg, nooooooooooo!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
risingsun- that''s so funny about your dog! Glad he''s okay!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 2:06:15 AM
Author: musey
Date: 1/17/2009 5:10:06 PM

Author: thing2of2

I do! But I haven't killed anyone with it...yet. Here's a pic from the website of my ring:

acringinverse.jpg

Whoa, that is COOL!!

Thanks musey-I love it and it actually sparkles a lot! I owe Freke a photo shoot of it...I'll have to do it soon! It's oxidized silver and I want to say the diamond is .15? It's by Alex & Chloe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results