shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you use these?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1312721731|2985790 said:
Ok one last question (and I apologise if I'm boring you all).

I mainly wear white gold BUT I realise that these earrings would look better in yellow. So I don't want to comprise that much so what do you think if I mix the bezel metals so for example, yellow gold for the yellow diamonds, rose gold for the pinks, white gold for something (not sure what).

Thoughts?

I definitely think you could do this, although I think it presents more of a challenge than if you used just one color gold. Another option might be to pick one color for the bezel (in this case, yellow gold) and then have the rest of the earring made in your preferred metal, white gold. I have several pieces that do this, and if the bezeling is done carefully, your eye barely "reads" the different color of the bezel, but the stone still pops. If that makes sense....I need my second cup of tea.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1312726502|2985815 said:
LovingDiamonds|1312721731|2985790 said:
Ok one last question (and I apologise if I'm boring you all).

I mainly wear white gold BUT I realise that these earrings would look better in yellow. So I don't want to comprise that much so what do you think if I mix the bezel metals so for example, yellow gold for the yellow diamonds, rose gold for the pinks, white gold for something (not sure what).

Thoughts?

I definitely think you could do this, although I think it presents more of a challenge than if you used just one color gold. Another option might be to pick one color for the bezel (in this case, yellow gold) and then have the rest of the earring made in your preferred metal, white gold. I have several pieces that do this, and if the bezeling is done carefully, your eye barely "reads" the different color of the bezel, but the stone still pops. If that makes sense....I need my second cup of tea.

I agree that it'll be more challenging but I would hope would be more sympathetic to the diamonds. I'm not sure how the yellow gold bezels against any white gold I may want to use wouldn't be obvious though? Do you have a photo you could show me please?

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm still having trouble uploading photos from my iphoto file to the ICP, but here's an example I've already posted using green gold and Argentium:

IMG_0084_0.jpg

The entire bezel is green gold, but you really don't see it as such. All the eye reads is the white of the Argentium. I have a ring that is an even better example of this, but I just can't seem to upload the photo.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for that Aoife. The bezel is so delicate that you really don't notice the different materials do you? I'm not sure that the jeweller I'll be using is skilled enough to produce very skinny bezels but it's a thought. I love the leaf design on your earrings. Incredibly pretty. I really appreciate you sharing your earrings.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I know it is far-fetched - and your diamonds can not be pave set - but if you set them in small "clusters" or asymmetrical figures and connect the upper and lower ones with three chains... maybe you could end up with longer earrings?

ear5.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results