shape
carat
color
clarity

Would You Split My Rings?

Stack or Split?

• Yes, I love all 3 stacked together most.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No, I prefer the look of the eternity alone on the right.

Votes: 32 80.0%

• Total voters

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally wear my wedding set stacked on my left hand. But due to temp fluctuations & finger swelling / soreness in heat & cold, sometimes find them much more comfy if I pop the eternity on my right hand. So that prompts me to ask which way looks more classic? Full set stacked, or split to wedding & engagement with eternity separate? Finger swelling aside, which way pleases your eye most?

I love a nicely balanced set. But I also love a comfortable plain 2 ring wedding set & a bit of rh sparkle. If I'm going to continue to stack I need to address the inside comfort of my pear cut, as the sharp inner edges dig into the fattest part of my finger when swollen.

ETA. Pics taken for perspective & not detail, so apologies for their crap quality!

img_20170222_162241310_hdr.jpg

img_20170222_162316052_hdr.jpg

img_20170222_162345076.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the separated look better- that's how I wear mine too! I find the 3 rings on one finger rather uncomfortable sometimes.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Snowdrop. Can you post me pics?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them stacked but if you dont have anything to wear on your right hand then I would split them up.

But you ask which is more "classic" and I think that would be wearing your engagement ring and wedding band only on your
left finger (even though I like it all stacked).

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with Snowdrop and I also wear my rings separated. I love your set btw! :wavey:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like all three stacked together most but that's how I wear mine, but pave-plain-pave. I also like knuckle-to-knuckle coverage of any ring stack so with your long fingers I'd add like five more rings, lol.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like all 3 on one finger, I think your pretty diamond band looks so lovely alongside your pear solitaire. I also like the hand presence the 3 rings give. Your rings are beautiful Alex.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I think the the separated version showcases your solitaire much better. However both ways look lovely.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the single band with e-ring look. The e-ring stands out and none of the rings are competing with each other. Beautiful rings!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. More versatile if separated.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate all of this feedback :wavey:

I am also going to go with the majority poll results, which currently is strong for splitting them. You ladies have expert eyes & know what looks more flattering. Thank you & keep voting!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I like them split. To my eyes it seems there is too much metal when they are stacked on one finger.

But you can always switch it up depending on the weather and swollen fingers.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have come to the realization that my fingers are not long enough below the knuckle for stacking to work for me, as much as I love to see rings stacked. One band works better for me. If one wants to stack bands, all the rings have to be a little larger for it to work, as three rings are going to fit more snugly than two. It's certainly an easy fix to get your e-ring resized (and maybe the edge softened inside the shank so you can wear all three, if you choose that. I think only you can know how you like them best. Either way looks fine. I personally do not like an eternity alone on the right hand because I see them looking better with other rings on the left hand. Sadly it may mean I need to part with some bands. But again, this is all personal and what you think looks good is all that counts!

In looking back at your pics, I think I'd like the diamond band better at the bottom of the stack of three, though, and the plain band in the middle.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
swingirl|1487906175|4132823 said:
I like them split. To my eyes it seems there is too much metal when they are stacked on one finger.

But you can always switch it up depending on the weather and swollen fingers.

Yes I agree. Splitting them gives you more versatility. And as the temps fluctuate so can your options.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would wear the diamond band on the bottom of the stack, but I don't think you need to wear them all separately. I just wouldn't solder anything.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Preface this to say, I love stacks and like to feel my rings. I like the three rings together but I would also move the diamond band up and the plain one in the middle. I also like diamond sandwiches, so a band on both sides. I like the symmetry. Your rings are beautiful. You should wear them how you love them and what's most comfy too!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my big sister (eternally glamorous, stylish & beautiful) is here this evening & joined in playing with my rings when she noticed I had split them. After much debate, she decided she loved the look of them worn with the pear in the middle & thinks I should try rocking this over the wkend to see how I get on with it. The eternity & wedding bands are very rounded & half-pipe like inside, so comfort wise the finger swelling isn't registered to me like this as the eternity is so smooth against my fleshy part - I have tried this combo in the past. Visually to me, I'm not sure if it just becomes a sparkly mash hence why in the past I have decided this isn't for me. But she LOVES it!

What do you think?? Apologies for low lighting here tonight....

img_20170224_205902.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another bit-too-dark picture...

img_20170224_211618.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few of us suggested trying the eternity at the bottom and the plain band in the middle. If you liked the look, you can make the pear ring shank more comfortable. I just like a diamond band best at the bottom, personally.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with your Sis. I like your pear sandwiched between the two bands! Very pretty and balanced!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1487994122|4133349 said:
A few of us suggested trying the eternity at the bottom and the plain band in the middle. If you liked the look, you can make the pear ring shank more comfortable. I just like a diamond band best at the bottom, personally.

Thanks DS :wavey:

I have on occasion worn the eternity on my finger first & whilst I do like that look, it still leaves the pear at the end nearest my nail & consequently the sharp inner edges digging in. The other issue I have with this is that I am not really at home to ever removing my plain wedding ring (it is on 24/7 & I have refused to remove it for surgery even) so to keep slipping it off whilst I pop the eternity on first is a pain. My plain band is the most sacred & the one I was married with - my husband put it there & it won't ever be changed. So in a very waffled paragraph, wearing the eternity first isn't an option I am comfy with.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pear sandwich! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree wit your sister.....

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like all 3 stacked together, rather than split up. But then I'm a stacker myself even though my fingers are short and I don't have much finger real estate for stacking. I really like the combination your sister suggested! My fingers swell and shrink a full size with the weather (7-8) which makes selecting rings a daily change-up. Usually I just let the day/weather dictate what combo I'm going to wear. You have lots of choices!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results