shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you say something???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could tell Jenna what amazing support she has with you guys! You guys are so wonderful and it''s making me feel better about everything...even though I still feel rotten that she got hurt I''m just glad his true self she has finally seen.

As you guys predicted, it was his trying to cover it all up with excuses was what really closed the lid on the relationship. Her and I took a very long lunch today (it was definitely a 3 martini lunch!) and talked about everything, well she mostly talked anyway, I listened. I''d like to think it really helped her as she seemed much happier at the end. I know it will take time but our friends and I plan on rallying around her to help her get past it. She mentioned, among other things, that she always wondered about him and his slutty assistant. I even finally fessed up to my reservations about him. She laughed at that and asked why it took me so long to finally tell her what she already knew! I guess I wasn''t as discreet as I thought I was.
8.gif
She said she knew most of her friends didn''t like him but she always thought she understood him when no one else did. She said he was an incredibly insecure person and covered that with BS and attitude. She said she wanted to help him but in the end he just wore her down with his lies and such.

As for our weekend away, we''re going to stay at the Lowes Hotel in Miami or the Delano I think. She''s making all the plans, I offered to help but I think she is enjoying something to keep her busy and her mind occupied. There will be 7 of us girlfriends going, look out Miami!!!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for helping me out. You guys are the greatest!! I''m so glad I found this place, it was a Godsend.
36.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Speaksluv- I''m so glad she has girlfriends like you now! I''m really glad she found out about this guy before she married him. I wish you all a fabulous weekend in beautiful Miami!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t jumped in until now because frankly, I didn''t know what I would do in this situation!! But I''ve been actively checking the thread and I''m so glad that things worked themselves out w/o your putting things on the line. And, I''m so happy to hear that she was aware of the problems/reservations you had abt their relationship... it sounds like she has a good head on her and a good support group in you and all the rest of the friends going to Florida- I hope you all have a great time and come back and tell us about some crazy adventures!
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Well I gave the boyfriend the benefit of the doubt (thinking he had told his girlfriend) and I was wrong.....

Enjoy your beach time together and cherish the wonderful friendship of girlfriends while you are there!

Heather

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 7:15:10 PM
Author: squeaksluv
I wish I could tell Jenna what amazing support she has with you guys! You guys are so wonderful and it's making me feel better about everything...even though I still feel rotten that she got hurt I'm just glad his true self she has finally seen.

As you guys predicted, it was his trying to cover it all up with excuses was what really closed the lid on the relationship. Her and I took a very long lunch today (it was definitely a 3 martini lunch!) and talked about everything, well she mostly talked anyway, I listened. I'd like to think it really helped her as she seemed much happier at the end. I know it will take time but our friends and I plan on rallying around her to help her get past it. She mentioned, among other things, that she always wondered about him and his slutty assistant. I even finally fessed up to my reservations about him. She laughed at that and asked why it took me so long to finally tell her what she already knew! I guess I wasn't as discreet as I thought I was.
8.gif
She said she knew most of her friends didn't like him but she always thought she understood him when no one else did. She said he was an incredibly insecure person and covered that with BS and attitude. She said she wanted to help him but in the end he just wore her down with his lies and such.

As for our weekend away, we're going to stay at the Lowes Hotel in Miami or the Delano I think. She's making all the plans, I offered to help but I think she is enjoying something to keep her busy and her mind occupied. There will be 7 of us girlfriends going, look out Miami!!!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for helping me out. You guys are the greatest!! I'm so glad I found this place, it was a Godsend.
36.gif
See? I knew she was a smart girl.
2.gif

I'm glad your friend was spared a mistake; I'm sorry that came at the expense of her feelings and a bit of her pride. I'm sure your weekend will help a great deal.
1.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 7:11:39 PM
Author: Mara
Marvel I am just assuming (not thinking it''s EXACTLY 10k but maybe around there?) because it sounds like it''s some sort of special branded CZ from what he said ''aka checking into that particular style of CZ or cut or whatever''...but who knows maybe he made that up too!!!
Whatever the case, Mara, $100 or $10K, it was wrong and she deserves better.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
squeaksluv I am SO glad things worked out in the end, Jenna is incredibly lucky to have someone like you looking out for her. Have a ball in Miami, you both sound like you need time away after everything that had happened. Have a blast, make sure you tell us all about it!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I''d pop my $.02 in. CZ''s, particularly that size, are not that hard to spot since their refraction is different than diamonds. Basically, they flash somewhat different colors than diamonds. I''m betting the sales person used a tester just to be sure, I would. I don''t care how branded it is, there''s a limit to how a $100ish stone can be jacked up in price. Not only is the guy a liar, he''s an idiot. For under $4k he could have gotten a Moissanite and no one would have known. They''re a little more sparkly than diamonds but otherwise you need a microscope or a special tester.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
An interesting update, Jenna really did stick to her guns and not go back to The Jerk although he did try for about a week or so to get her back (no lie, it really was about 2 weeks). She has been on a few dates here and there and is trying to move on from that part of her life. She called me tonight and told me she ran into The Jerk on one of her dates and guess who he was with...the slutty Tina! Unbelievable and not surprising. She said they were all over each other and it made her wonder just what she saw in him in the first place. I have to imagine it hurt to see them though because it makes you wonder if The Slut and The Jerk had something going on or were just waiting for something to happen. Either way, good riddance to him.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 9:13:36 PM
An interesting update, Jenna really did stick to her guns and not go back to The Jerk although he did try for about a week or so to get her back (no lie, it really was about 2 weeks). She has been on a few dates here and there and is trying to move on from that part of her life. She called me tonight and told me she ran into The Jerk on one of her dates and guess who he was with...the slutty Tina! Unbelievable and not surprising. She said they were all over each other and it made her wonder just what she saw in him in the first place. I have to imagine it hurt to see them though because it makes you wonder if The Slut and The Jerk had something going on or were just waiting for something to happen. Either way, good riddance to him.
Maybe The Jerk can give The Slut the fakey E-ring.
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
An interesting update, Jenna really did stick to her guns and not go back to The Jerk
GOOD FOR HER!!!
36.gif

When I first saw your latest post, I was worried that he might have weaseled his way back...

widget

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
squeaksluv
so.....what happen to the fake ring? did your friend threw it back at his face?
9.gif

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
I''m with you guys, I would LOVE to know what will happen to the ring! I''ll bet he gives it to ''The Slut'' because she''s just the type who would flash it all around and tell everyone it''s real. UGH!
20.gif

When they ended things Jenna still had the ring but a few days later ''The Idiot'' had his equally idiotic, obnoxious and annoying best friend stop by to pick it up, isn''t that just so typical of a jerk? It wasn''t surprising that he''d have someone else do his dirty work.
29.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha well he and his fake ring and fake new girlfriend can have a happy life together!!

your friend was so lucky to get out before she was legally tied to him...kudos to her for sticking to her guns!!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh...good riddance!! I''m so glad things worked out for your friend!
36.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a great story. I read through the whole thread and I was thrilled at the ending. Hope your friend is still doing well. You probably saved her a LOT of heartache and a future divorce. You are a great friend.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 9:18:10 PM
Author: moon river

Date: 2/6/2006 9:13:36 PM
Maybe The Jerk can give The Slut the fakey E-ring.
9.gif

Moon, my thoughts EXACTLY! So it should not go to waste...they deserve each other and what better way to commemorate a sleazy relationship than giving her a fake ring he tried to pass off as real to the fiancee he was likely cheating on?!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 9:58:26 AM
I''m with you guys, I would LOVE to know what will happen to the ring! I''ll bet he gives it to ''The Slut'' because she''s just the type who would flash it all around and tell everyone it''s real. UGH!
20.gif

When they ended things Jenna still had the ring but a few days later ''The Idiot'' had his equally idiotic, obnoxious and annoying best friend stop by to pick it up, isn''t that just so typical of a jerk? It wasn''t surprising that he''d have someone else do his dirty work.
29.gif

I would have said, I put it in the trash where it and this relationship belongs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results