shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you put this diamond (MRB) into a pendant? And other quality considerations.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Kind of odd question but is there a general rule of thumb that diamonds in a pendant do not need to be of the same quality (as in 4cs) as that of one worn as a ring?

I feel like from light reading this seems to be the general consensus as people are likely not going to be getting up close to your… chest to get a better look :D

I have an inherited MRB that I just got back from GIA and specs look to be on the nicer end (??). I tried to use the HCA calculator but got a little lost and will be honest not feeling motivated to research more on plugging in the right numbers since I don’t see myself personally buying an MRB in the future (it’s just not a cut that speaks to me).

Main questions are, would it be a “waste” to pendant this diamond and also concerns it being “risky” as I feel that possibly losing pendants could be much easier than a ring (which I would notice much more quickly if it was off my finger).

If anyone is feeling kind and wants to give me the HCA results I would appreciate it as well!

Last thing…was there a calculator once posted here where you can plug in specs of an MRB for an estimated re-sale value appraisal? NOT looking to sell due to sentimental value but would like to know the value of what is hanging on my neck if I continue to pursue this route.

GIA report attached :)

D0E3E8F5-8ED8-40FC-8B77-0ACBC1C923B4.jpeg

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HCA is 6.5. I’d put it in a pendant.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
HCA is 6.5. I’d put it in a pendant.

Thank you so much! I can move fwd with putting it in an pendant with more assurance based on the score you provided :)

headlight

Ideal_Rock
As a pendant it will be lovely. Not a great stone for a ring due to proportions. However, between the high color and large table that stone will be glaringly white (colorless and then some!) against your neck! I see many compliments in your future on this.

AL12

Shiny_Rock
As a pendant it will be lovely. Not a great stone for a ring due to proportions. However, between the high color and large table that stone will be glaringly white (colorless and then some!) against your neck! I see many compliments in your future on this.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at the specs and your assessment. I can definitely move forward with this project with more confidence!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results