shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you put a political sign on your front lawn?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I am glad my neighbors don't post stickers/signs on their cars/lawns. On our 45 min. long dog walk route there is only one sticker on a car and one sign in front of other people's house. And neighbors are especially friendly and cheerful these days. I am thankful.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

This year I would be happy to put a sign on my lawn. I want my neighbors t know I stand with them.
A few weeks ago I asked my neighbors children to please vote this year for Joe Biden. They're college age and the parents are resident aliens. My other neighbors are mainly Indian, and I suspect they are not Trump lovers.

Oh, I want a sign now. Good idea DF.

Annette

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only things that go on my car are a window sticker for my daughters' colleges and a magnet for mine.

We put up local political signs maybe 15 years ago, but the political climate wasn't nearly so volatile as it is today.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
No.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not into bumper stickers of any sort - so no to that but YES to yard signs. I like my neighbors to know exactly where I stand. Most of them are republicans. I don't tend to discuss politics with the ones that are also friends in order to keep things friendly. The yard signs are a way to let them know that my silence is not agreement. I'm waiting for Biden to announce his VP pick before getting a sign; Sara Gideon's name is already gracing the lawn.

A few days ago my husband and I shared a socially distanced glass of wine with a friendly neighbor couple on our front porch. We didn't talk about political candidates at all but at one point, in musing about the pandemic, the husband said, "Job 1 is getting rid of Trump in November." DH and I were STUNNED. They are both staunch republicans as are their three sons. The fact that this guy could say this out loud gives me a glimmer of hope!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Political signs just give information that can be used against me.
I‘d usually had my alma mater alumnus sticker on a car (several cars ago) and opted not to put one on my latest car because the school’s namesake is divisive.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I don't even decorate for Christmas. My views are my own, they are not for display purposes.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
No. I take good care of my vehicles and would never put any type of sticker on them. As far as yard signs, I don't care for them regardless of what's printed on them. Visual clutter, yuck. I don't like signs on doors or those damn giant wooden signs that say things like "HOME" or other cutesy sayings. Like why do you need a sign at your front door that says "home?" Do you not know where you are? Is it really necessary for others to pass by and say "oh, look! There's a home, I'll be darned!" :lol:

:lol-2:Oh I thought it was just me with the visual clutter even in home decor. I really hate stuff like that. When we bought our house there were swirly, vinyl stickers in the bathroom above the tub (lather, rinse, relax) as if I had forgotten how to take a bath. Ooops....I forgot to rinse!! If only there were giant instructions pasted on the wall then these things would not happen. There was something similar in the kitchen and dining room. I blame Joanna Gaines for this trend....although she seems like a lovely person we do not share decor preferences.

Back to signs...someone gave us a yard sign their kids helped have printed to support front line workers. It was a nice gesture, uncontroversial, community support kind of thing....but someone stole it and I didn’t replace it. I don’t put out signs promoting our church activities or other community events either. My yard is not a billboard nor is my car....but I do like reading other people’s funny bumper stickers.

Volute

Rough_Rock
No. I take good care of my vehicles and would never put any type of sticker on them. As far as yard signs, I don't care for them regardless of what's printed on them. Visual clutter, yuck. I don't like signs on doors or those damn giant wooden signs that say things like "HOME" or other cutesy sayings. Like why do you need a sign at your front door that says "home?" Do you not know where you are? Is it really necessary for others to pass by and say "oh, look! There's a home, I'll be darned!" :lol:

As someone who would peel off shampoo labels if I had the time, I really like this :D.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. And I've never understood why someone would.

I think some of the people who do just suffer from that other pandemic, what I call belikemeitis.

ChickityChicken

Rough_Rock
I would not place any kind of optional identifying sticker on my car, since it would make it easier for stalkers. I also would not want to place a political sign on my yard out of fear of potential retaliation from crazies. Around here in my HOA, members attach large presidential nominee's flags from their properties, usually fences facing main roads or on their house entry awnings. Many are stolen, leaving the HOA community bickering over what to do about the thieves disrespecting property and different political opinions. It is a pointless headache I refuse to deal with.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I got this sign in the summer of 2017 when I attended a demonstration outside of a Trump rally. Since then it had been displayed in my lower front window next to the door. I was so angry after the murder of George Floyd I wrapped it in saran wrap and hung it on the front of my house. I can not tell you how many people have agreed with what it says, delivery people, mail carriers and even neighbors. Although I am in Northern CA, I live in a town with Trump flags and even a few Confederate flags.
I just can not be silent. 20200804_154246.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this sign in the summer of 2017 when I attended a demonstration outside of a Trump rally. Since then it had been displayed in my lower front window next to the door. I was so angry after the murder of George Floyd I wrapped it in saran wrap and hung it on the front of my house. I can not tell you how many people have agreed with what it says, delivery people, mail carriers and even neighbors. Although I am in Northern CA, I live in a town with Trump flags and even a few Confederate flags.
I just can not be silent. 20200804_154246.jpg

:clap:
You are a better person than I.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol-2:Oh I thought it was just me with the visual clutter even in home decor. I really hate stuff like that. When we bought our house there were swirly, vinyl stickers in the bathroom above the tub (lather, rinse, relax) as if I had forgotten how to take a bath. Ooops....I forgot to rinse!! If only there were giant instructions pasted on the wall then these things would not happen. There was something similar in the kitchen and dining room. I blame Joanna Gaines for this trend....although she seems like a lovely person we do not share decor preferences.

Back to signs...someone gave us a yard sign their kids helped have printed to support front line workers. It was a nice gesture, uncontroversial, community support kind of thing....but someone stole it and I didn’t replace it. I don’t put out signs promoting our church activities or other community events either. My yard is not a billboard nor is my car....but I do like reading other people’s funny bumper stickers.

Someone stole a sign supporting front line workers during covid 19 :-o
That is just too sad

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If i lived in a um er nicer posh neighnourhod i would definatly get a national party sign Hoardings-2020-National-01-1.jpg downloadfile-24.png

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Someone stole a sign supporting front line workers during covid 19 :-o
That is just too sad

I’d like to think it was taken by someone who wanted to show their support but couldn’t afford to buy a sign for their yard.
It’s tough times....and I‘m trying not to make it worse with negative thinking. It doesn’t always work though. :???:
I do hope the kids who gave it to me don’t think I just got rid of it...it was so sweet of them to give them out.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. Stickers can damage your car, and it certainly devalues it. No to yard signs/window stickers/etc as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO Signs on your lawn won't change anything. It's not like your neighbors are going to see your sign and suddenly change who they are voting for...in fact it can sort of be (IMO) obnoxious. We had neighbors (thank goodness they moved OMG I could tell you stories) who had the largest TRUMP signs on their lawn. It was ridiculous. And when they put their house up for sale they left the signs lol. Maybe that is why it took 2 years to sell their house haha. I wish I could find her Trump signs to show you. Hmmm BRB.

OK I couldn't find her actual lawn pics but these are her FB pics and well it wasn't far off from this lolol. You either laugh or cry so I laugh because I know we (the people who actually care about others and the welfare of this world and environment) will have the last laugh.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.55.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.55.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.54.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.54.09 AM.png

When they listed their house for sale their pics on the MLS actually showed all their Trump signs. Goes to show you how "bright" they are. :/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: Found it.
Here are the actual signs they had on their front lawn before they finally moved.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.58.53 AM.png

Bye bye.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 7.01.26 AM.png

Oh and this story has a very happy conclusion because our new neighbors couldn't be nicer and couldn't be more politically savvy and kind and smart. IOW not a you know who supporter. Just saying. ;-)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a BLM matter sign in our front window, because guess what? Black Lives Matter! If some ignorant person wants to mess with it, let them come, I have cameras.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
No, I feel no need to do that. I don't think any yard sign or bumper sticker ever convinced anyone about who to vote for or changed anyone's mind.

As someone who would peel off shampoo labels if I had the time, I really like this :D.

You all said it just fine.
I wish the previous owners of our humble home were so smart. I can't read the signs, but our yard was sure full of them back on the 2000's! Ugh!

Google street view has our home trashed forever!

screenshot.png

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t have yard signs before our current president. Since he was elected some of his supporters feel comfortable saying racist, misogynist, etc comments to anyone. Shortly after he was elected someone said something racist to me. And, to make matters worse they assumed I would agree. Immediately after that I ordered 6 signs for my yard because I don’t want anyone EVER to think that I will agree with hate speech. I had the signs custom printed in red, white and blue with matching fonts and I thought they were lovely. The signs have faded and I’m down to one, so I just ordered a few more.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I don't think anyone in the US is so suggestible that putting up a plain text sign in the yard would persuade them to vote the way of that sign.

I consider political leanings somewhat like sexuality. It doesn't affect my day-to-day interactions with people, so why put it out there in any loud way? I wouldn't put up anything public to shout out that I'm straight or gay, and I wouldn't put up signs that scream Democrat or Republican, either. Not to mention that the truth is I hold neither party blameless for the messy status quo.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
IMO Signs on your lawn won't change anything. It's not like your neighbors are going to see your sign and suddenly change who they are voting for...in fact it can sort of be (IMO) obnoxious. We had neighbors (thank goodness they moved OMG I could tell you stories) who had the largest TRUMP signs on their lawn. It was ridiculous. And when they put their house up for sale they left the signs lol. Maybe that is why it took 2 years to sell their house haha. I wish I could find her Trump signs to show you. Hmmm BRB.

OK I couldn't find her actual lawn pics but these are her FB pics and well it wasn't far off from this lolol. You either laugh or cry so I laugh because I know we (the people who actually care about others and the welfare of this world and environment) will have the last laugh.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.55.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.55.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.54.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.54.09 AM.png

When they listed their house for sale their pics on the MLS actually showed all their Trump signs. Goes to show you how "bright" they are. :/

They actually had a cardboard cut out of Trump??? :lol:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I don't want people damaging my cars or home because of who I vote for

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results