shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you keep?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I paid what feels like a great price for this diamond. $1,250.

It’s a 0.78 L VS2 (faint brown).

I took pics of the hearts and arrows patterns in my scope and a picture of the cert and proportions. The hearts pattern looks slightly better to my eye vs my phone but it’s pretty representative.

I want to make a pendant to match my ring. It’s between this and an ACA that costs twice as much. Would you pay double for an ACA?

DB01AD31-8304-4D63-981C-39CC09C16A4E.jpeg
2B4B26D2-30C4-4049-8118-B9AD7424CBC6.jpeg A940B666-3E86-4366-9862-714D97B59401.jpeg

8C4682D4-5585-4329-AFD6-28CD8683F16B.jpeg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I would pass on this stone there are better options .... Screenshot_20210417-005042_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210417-005054_Chrome.jpg

I’m not too worried about the HCA. I feel like that’s more useful to weed out crappy stones that might not have pictures or scans (maybe I’m wrong). I think that low score is due to the depth/face-up size. I have the stone and it is very well cut. I’m more wondering if others would pay double for an ACA vs what’s a very well cut but not perfect stone.

i can’t decide if it’s gonna bother me over time knowing it isn’t quite perfect. Not sure if that’s worth double for that knowing, though. Hah

Ignorance is bliss, right? Hah

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
i personally wouldn't pay a premium, especially for a pendant that you are i wouldn't see except in the mirror. would it nag at you not to have an ACA for it?

That’s a very good point about not seeing it except in a mirror!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like someone bought the ACA I was considering. There’s not a comparable super ideal unless I triple the price. So, I think I have my answer

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like someone bought the ACA I was considering. There’s not a comparable super ideal unless I triple the price. So, I think I have my answer

Don't worry
the right one will come along before you know it and hopefully at a great price =)2
As you said you will only see it in the mirror

Good luck in the continuation of your search

munchee

Brilliant_Rock

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
If you’re still looking, what about this one? Its $678 more expensive but better color, at least its not faint brown. I would bothered with the faint brown more than the cut.

That's really nice and a very clean SI1. Believe it or not the faint brown really isn't noticeable in hand. I'm going to think on it overnight and decide :)

thanks for the heads up!

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
That's really nice and a very clean SI1. Believe it or not the faint brown really isn't noticeable in hand. I'm going to think on it overnight and decide :)

thanks for the heads up!

I have worse Si1 than the K above and I still can’t see anything :) you can see the blow up image in WF web. I took it off right from my ear before taking this picture so its in a dirty condition. Sometimes people got turned off by whats said in paper “Si1” while in real life most of the time we can’t see anything. Same goes with the faint brown status in the paper while you can’t see it in real life too :)

86EB00F8-BD04-4F23-BE9E-8C2C87FB68B1.jpeg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I have worse Si1 than the K above and I still can’t see anything :) you can see the blow up image in WF web. I took it off right from my ear before taking this picture so its in a dirty condition. Sometimes people got turned off by whats said in paper “Si1” while in real life most of the time we can’t see anything. Same goes with the faint brown status in the paper while you can’t see it in real life too :)

86EB00F8-BD04-4F23-BE9E-8C2C87FB68B1.jpeg

those are both stunning! I can't see a spot on them. It's neat to see how "eye clean" actually really is eye clean. I never trust it, but I think from a reputable company one can trust it

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
those are both stunning! I can't see a spot on them. It's neat to see how "eye clean" actually really is eye clean. I never trust it, but I think from a reputable company one can trust it

Yes, I got turned down by Si1 too but after I tried my previous studs I got convinced that some Si1 are actually OK. I got to see 2.88ct Si1 ACA and still can’t see a thing. I think same with color, some people are sensitive about inclusion too so they can spot inclusions but most people don’t.
You need to ask your SA how eyeclean is the stone, on which distance you’ll start seeing them or on which angle it is more noticeable. WF SA will answer it honestly. From the link you can see how my stones are not clean, the inclusion looks bad too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't buy that stone with the 3.4 HCA score. I'd much rather have an ACA. But if you want to bargain hunt in GIA stones, you can use this chart to look for pendant stones. The stone you were looking at has about the opposite of what you'd want for a pendant if you didn't go for a superideal cut. You'd want to go for the green section which is where superideal cuts fall, and sections to the left of the green for other pendant stone options.

GarryHollowayDiamondChart.png

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can you compare this stone to an ACA? It is my understanding that the lowest color for an ACA is K.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The owner of this site, Garry Holloway, who is a leader in the diamond field world wide.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ACA is never going to have faint brown body color, which is considered undesirable in the trade, which is why it costs less money.

personally I like faint brown body color and like the discount that comes with it.

So you saying “triple the price” isn’t fair because you aren’t making an equitable comparison, and also I don’t believe (I could be wrong) that ACA goes to L color. (I don’t recall seeing one anyway)

You would be spending triple in price because you would be ditching the discounted faint brown body color, the L color and getting a better cut stone.

A 3.4 HCA is a hard pass for me, even for a pendant.

BTW, Garry says that people tend to prefer a well cut 60/60 stone for a pendant and earrings because you get a better spread. It’s something to consider, but a well cut 60/60 is hard to find.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I paid what feels like a great price for this diamond. $1,250.

It’s a 0.78 L VS2 (faint brown).

I took pics of the hearts and arrows patterns in my scope and a picture of the cert and proportions. The hearts pattern looks slightly better to my eye vs my phone but it’s pretty representative.

I want to make a pendant to match my ring. It’s between this and an ACA that costs twice as much. Would you pay double for an ACA?

DB01AD31-8304-4D63-981C-39CC09C16A4E.jpeg
2B4B26D2-30C4-4049-8118-B9AD7424CBC6.jpeg A940B666-3E86-4366-9862-714D97B59401.jpeg

8C4682D4-5585-4329-AFD6-28CD8683F16B.jpeg

With these images, it can’t compare to an ACA. Its leaky, and the hearts are off and have clefts and the arrows have some that are askew.

do you want us to help you find something in your budget?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The owner of this site, Garry Holloway, who is a leader in the diamond field world wide.

Thank you!

Even dumber question: is there a link to it, or is just part of the read-out for one of those proprietary calculators?

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
I think you already made up your mind. If you think this diamond is good, go for it. Everyone is different, eventho we don’t like it, it doesn’t matter. As long as you like it, its your money, you’ll be the one who wear it, your opinion is what matters. As long as you’re happy.
But saying ACA cost twice is not fair, since you won’t get L color ACA, and even K color VS2 cost $750ish more than this L with faint brown tint. So its not fair to say ACA costs 200% more.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

Even dumber question: is there a link to it, or is just part of the read-out for one of those proprietary calculators?

It’s up by “tools”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results