shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you keep the setting?

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
My ring has a floral halo design from Blue Nile. The centre diamond isn‘t great (J, SI2) so my husband has agreed to an upgrade. I was going to go with a different setting altogether as I’m a bit bored of the current one but he’s very sentimental about it so would prefer me to keep it.

Do you think that the setting could work with an E-F/VS diamond? I’m worried the colours of the setting won’t work (I think it’s listed as H/VS). Would the difference show?

Also, this is my second setting after I got bored of the original solitaire setting. Has anyone got a crystal ball and can tell me if I can find a setting that I’ll keep? I’m worried that I’ll insist on a different setting only to be bored with it in 2-3 years again.
3559E194-0A3E-428F-A2C0-BBF6DCB21BB2.jpeg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep your actual current setting and set it with a colored stone or a sim and move it to your other hand. You don’t seem exactly excited to get the same setting and with that I personally see no need to spend money on the exact pricey halo setting. You husband is probably more attached to the one he proposed with anyway. Get something new that you will enjoy.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think a colored stone would look great in that setting. Maybe a more traditional setting for the new diamond and play around with bands?

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @SimoneDi and @eapj

I think I‘d really like a ruby in that setting. I suppose I could wear it if my next e-ring starts getting boring.

My RHR is the sapphire bee in my avatar. My husband gave it to me when our son was born so that it would go with the diamond flower ring. He’s attached to the symbolic idea of me wearing the flower and the bee and hence doesn’t want to let go of the flower setting. Hopefull, he won‘t mind a different stone in it.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I, too, get bored! That's why, after many styles of settings (and diamonds - ugh!) I am now in a solitaire setting! I think if you are going to get an E, VS diamond, let the diamond be the sole focus! And @Mamajemmy suggestion of adding a band when you want to change it up is a great idea!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Good advice already given. My fiancé is already attached to my ER as if he wears it everyday so I understand! Lol

Options: switch it and wear as RHR and get brand new ring, Or colored stone as others suggested to setting -that would look beautiful. Or upgrade center stone only. You already had a solitaire so not sure about that one even if you change bands??

Have you ever thought of a 3 stone ring? They are one of my favs! You can keep ER and even wear it on left and 3 stone as RHR.

Kimqqqq

Rough_Rock
It is a very beautiful ring.
For the differences between the small diamonds and the center stone, I would not be bothered. Small diamonds do not show color well. The colors will not be significantly different.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I love the flowery concept & might want a better version.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote to replace the centre stone with a CS, and I too like the setting.

DK :))

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you are bored with it now, you will remain bored.

I think some of us just get bored with things. I get bored with my stuff. Sometimes I wear no jewelry for months. As someone that gets bored, I don't think I'd like a plain solitaire. I would think about what you actually want to wear. Also, sometimes just taking rings off for a bit can make them more interesting as well.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Add me to the coloured stone brigade.
if your hubby is really sentimentality about the ring, its worth keeping the setting and a new colour maybe a happy compromises

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another CS! I picture it with a bright pink, red or purple, looking like a gorgeous rose with the floral motif.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
There's nothing wrong with not being able to have a 'forever ring'. You sound like me and enjoy many types of designs so I'd come to terms with the likelihood that you'll want something else down the track. Of course, whether you can have another setting is another matter so if you pick something else, I'd find something you really like in case you're stuck with it for some time before another setting takes your fancy and you can have it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless you have crazy eagle eyes, you won't notice a difference between the diamond color in the setting and an E diamond. As mentioned above, melee diamonds don't show color very well.

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
That you everyone for taking time to reply. Next weekend I’ll be going window shopping to try on a few different rings to see if anything takes my fancy. The setting will stay and get a ruby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results