shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you go to a gem & jewellery show this weekend?

Would you attend a local gem & jewellery show if held this weekend?

• Yes

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 66.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
@dizzyakira I’m so sorry you lost family members to this horrible virus. It’s very scary...My 45 year old son who was a marathon runner before it got him has trouble walking up the stairs without getting winded.
No I wouldn‘t go to the gem show. I only go to doctor appointments...My food gets delivered or I go for pickup where they put them in the back of my car.

Sending well wishes across the miles to your son, @MamaBee.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said "no" only because my priority is staying as safe as possible so I can comfortably keep visiting my mom who is 85.

In a normal year, I attend 4-5 Intergem shows/year, the Springfield Gem./Mineral show and several craft shows. There are a handful of vendors that I have come to know well over the decades and I feel deeply for the impact Covid has had on their businesses (like so many others in hard hit industries).

I've been in touch with some of the vendors via texts and emails. Most of them do not have shops or on-line presence. Not only did they lose their primary/only source of income but many didn't have access to their inventory for months which was in route between shows via Brinks when things suddenly shut down. One large craft show promoter shut down altogether and their shows were a primary source of income for one of my friends. Now they aren't sure what will happen even once Covid passes.

I've always been a strong supporter of independent businesses. But as much as I am trying to support them during this time, I'm afraid I wont be going to any shows. Maybe if a show did happen close to me, I would be willing to meet a vendor outdoors before or after if they had something they thought I might like.

fwiw- Although I haven't gone to a grocery (or any) store since March, I am guilty of going for a pedicure twice (bad feet-it's that or end up at a podiatrist) and went once to a salon to get all my haircut off (so I didn't have to go back until Covid was over). But we all have our own tolerances, priorities and reasons - so wouldn't judge or want to be judged on our choices.

@dizzyakira - I can't imagine what you are going through...truly everyone's worst nightmare with Covid. My thoughts are with you. Puts it all in perspective.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No thanks. Just not comfortable with it yet. When this covid craziness is over...

I can as careful as I wanna be, but I can't control others...

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. We're only going where we have to go.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only leave the house to go to work (if not my remote days) and to restock food and medicine. So no, no gem show or anything else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results