shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you go ghost hunting?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dragonfly's thread has got me wondering how many of us believe in the supernatural. Would you go and stay in a spooky old house to see if you spot anything?

Have you done this in the past? Did it confirm what you thought or make you think perhaps there isn't anyone watching us? :errrr:

There is a supposedly haunted place on the military base that G works on. The ghosty apparently wanders on the 17th of every month. (which is tomorrow). I am trying to decide if I am brave enough to go up there in the dark. :shock:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My extent of ghost hunting is the key west ghost tour with a plastic cup of margarita in one hand and a frozen chocolate dipped key lime pie in the other.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I'd only go if Fiery was in charge of refreshments! ;))

No seriously, I wouldn't. Big fearty over here. I would not get over it. If something did happen, I'd never sleep again. :errrr:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Nooooo thank you! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I really doubt it, I'd be way too scared! There are some things I'd just rather not know about. :errrr:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'd LOVE to do it but want Fiery along too, with her refreshment kit! Have always wished I could be on a ghost investigation. Have had enough experiences myself to be certain there's something, but I'm not smart enough to know what or why.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I would. I have. I will share.

(I came I saw I conquered... same beat.... to get us on the right track here).

OK so in my senior year of high school me, my ex bf (jerk), my best friend (jerk) and her ex bf (my oldest friend) all went to her ex bf's (we'll call him oldest friend it sounds better) house. His house had a back bedroom that was known for crazy things happening. It had an attached bathroom which also had activity. We set up a video camera on top of the entertainment center in the room and entered in twos for half hour at a time. First my ex bf and my ex best friend went. They didn't have much to report. Then I went in with oldest friend and we chilled on the bed. In the half hour we were in there, the tv screen began glowing (you know the glow screens hold RIGHT AFTER you turn them off? THAT). Then the rocking chair at the far side of the room from us began rocking, you could see it.... clearly. Then a bell that was on the dresser (also across the room from us) slid off the dresser. That same night I went into the back bathroom and the sink turned on on its own (door was locked, just me in there taking a shower).

When we later went back and watched the video, at the same time as oldest friend and I were in the room, you could see little black .... things.... coming up over the edge of the entertainment center towards the camera. They reminded me of the Dust Bunnies in My Neighbor Totoro.

That is my freaky ass story of ghost hunting. I'd do it again. I actually go over to St. Auggie a lot and do the night tours so I can take pictures to see if I catch any orbs. If you google, there are MANY photo captures of orbs there. It is a very "active" place.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Blimey! That would have FREAKED me out!!! I can't believe you went in there to take a shower... on your own!!! :o

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Maisie|1289924403|2768376 said:
Oh Blimey! That would have FREAKED me out!!! I can't believe you went in there to take a shower... on your own!!! :o

One time deal. I didn't go back there again after the bathroom part. I like to HOPE that maybe it was just a plumbing issue? Doesn't explain the bell but it could have just fallen.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
rhbgirl24|1289924698|2768385 said:
I haven't gone to any, but sure as heck would! Let me stay overnight in one of these places, please!!!

RHB - one of the old inns in St. Auggie is still open and is supposedly haunted. Go for it!

OR take a trip to Savannah.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1289924865|2768394 said:
Maisie|1289924403|2768376 said:

One time deal. I didn't go back there again after the bathroom part. I like to HOPE that maybe it was just a plumbing issue? Doesn't explain the bell but it could have just fallen.

How can something just fall on its own though! :-o

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
Noway! I already believe in ghosts even though I've never seen one. Seeing it would just be too much for me! :errrr:

Dragonfly, your ghost stories always scare the crap out of me!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Agreed. I generally DO try to find a logical explanation, just in case other readers think I make a mountain out of a molehill. If it defies logic.... :errrr: .

Some things that happen though, they aren't even naturally logical. Sounds. Lights. Feelings. Things you see that shouldn't even be there... or happening. Some believe in it, some don't. Some don't ever have anything happen to them.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That would be a resounding 'OH HELL' followed by a larger, even more convincing, 'NO'.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Sure, if I had the time to spare and was reasonably sure that something interesting would happen.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
DF, awesome!!!

I have done it, also. I went to visit an aunt in Kansas, and during one of my nights there a bunch of my friends and I took a drive looking for "orbs". (I had a friend that did a ghost hunting website in Florida and orbs were A Big Deal to him.) We cruised around the cemetery until the driver felt too weird about it, then she took us to her grandmother's house. That house was OLD - very Victorian in style, lots of nooks and crannies and crawlspaces. There was apparently tons of activity any time anyone but grandma was in the house, I guess nothing happened when it was just grandma or maybe she just didn't care. :tongue:

Anyway, we went into the back upstairs bedroom, which was unused except by guests. It had this huge, creaky old iron bed and a humongous closet with only one door, the second door had long since broken and been removed. They didn't store anything in this room except a trunk in the closet, and you could see half of it from the empty door space.

We hung out in there for a long time and saw nothing, so we turned the lights off and I turned on the video capabilities on my little P&S. There was just enough light coming from a street lamp outside the back window that the room was illuminated and we could see, but in semi-darkness. We were in there for MAYBE 2 minutes after shutting off the light, when we all clearly heard the sound of a door opening and a lock clicking open. The bedroom door was open, the remaining closet door was closed. Neither one moved. We all thought it might have come from downstairs, but then we heard the creak of another door being opened. Right about then one of my friends happened to look at the camera, and in the view was both closet doors in place, open, and the trunk lid opened as well.

We FLED. I have never been so scared in my life. Just thinking about it freaks me out.

Thankfully, the next day Grandma went up and got the camera for us, and we tried to play back the video to no avail. It was gone.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my giddy aunt!!! I am scared just reading this!!!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely. I'm a Huge fan of the show Ghost Hunters. Anyone watch?

We stayed at a haunted Bed & Breakfast once, that had been profiled on Psychic Kids. Nothing came to visit though.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My mom and I talk about this frequently. We would LOVE to go ghost hunting! I'd love to have a story like MPs!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yeah - I'd have boogied out of there.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl said:
That would be a resounding 'OH HELL' followed by a larger, even more convincing, 'NO'.

I knew there was a reason I liked you. Other than you being good at Jeopardy.

DITTO THIS. Emphatically.

My Mom also told me once that if you talk about spirits in your house you can 'invite' them in. Who knows if it's true, but you bet we don't speculate on this stuff within our 4 walls!!!

She also said that if you do feel a presence near you, you are SUPPOSED to be able to tell it to go away (strongly, not in a scaredy cat way) and it is SUPPOSED to leave. Again...who knows if that's true. She prob just said it to make me feel better in case I 'invited' any in. :bigsmile:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Sure, why not?

I've lived in a house with 'unusual activity' and never felt afraid.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Mara|1289930733|2768583 said:
Strawdermangrl said:

My Mom also told me once that if you talk about spirits in your house you can 'invite' them in. Who knows if it's true, but you bet we don't speculate on this stuff within our 4 walls!!!

She also said that if you do feel a presence near you, you are SUPPOSED to be able to tell it to go away (strongly, not in a scaredy cat way) and it is SUPPOSED to leave. Again...who knows if that's true. She prob just said it to make me feel better in case I 'invited' any in. :bigsmile:

* frantically scans through memory to think of anytime one might have 'invited' into house *

I have decided that I will just go home today, walk in the door and say, confidently, ' Hi, um, yeah, if you feel like you were, in fact, invited here- I assure you it was a mistake- no hard feelings- I am sure you are a nice...errr...spirit thing...but this isn't going to work, so yeah, you don't have to leave per say but might I suggest my loud neighbors upstairs a visit? They seem lacking of things to entertain. Thanks, bye now.'

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I've had too many experience with the paranormal in the past that involved a friend that passed away when we were in highschool. That was enough for me. I completely believe in the supernatural but there is no chance in hell I'd ever go chasing for ghosts. That's probably because I would be afraid of what I'd bring "home" with me as a result. When I was in 11th grade we did go to a supposed "haunted" old school in Lambertville (socool probably knows what I'm talking about) and the whole thing was just extremely creepy. We also had a mental institution about 20 mins from my house that everyone used to go to that was also supposedly "haunted" and that got torn down about a year or two ago.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Strawdermangrl|1289931179|2768598 said:
Mara|1289930733|2768583 said:
Strawdermangrl said:

* frantically scans through memory to think of anytime one might have 'invited' into house *

I have decided that I will just go home today, walk in the door and say, confidently, ' Hi, um, yeah, if you feel like you were, in fact, invited here- I assure you it was a mistake- no hard feelings- I am sure you are a nice...errr...spirit thing...but this isn't going to work, so yeah, you don't have to leave per say but might I suggest my loud neighbors upstairs a visit? They seem lacking of things to entertain. Thanks, bye now.'

Let me know if it works :lol: If you hear shrieking and panic from upstairs you will know it has!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really going out to find ghost, just did a lot of night hiking alone during and after my army days, back in Singapore, in the nature and cemeteries around the nature reserve. No lights or handphone, just a camera for the night scenes and sunrises. Slept overnight in the cemeteries a few time too to catch the sunrise over particular spots. Never see any ghost or other spooky things around though.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would go, just for fun. I am a major skeptic, though.

I lived for 4 years in a house and never had any experiences, but, after we moved, my housemates told me some, uhm, interesting stories.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Ooh sounds like fun.

I would absolutely go and investigate a spooky house (with friends). Sadly I doubt we would actually encounter anything noteable.
I have a strong desire to believe in supernatural happenings, but I also have a very comprehensive understanding of science and the physical world :geek: .

I'm the type of person that that radiates a very straight forward "no nonsence" vibe, so I think the mysterious avoids me on purpose :???: .

I do find it facinating how creepy fear can be spread from one person to another like a cold or something - that to me is almost more interesting than any ghosts. ( Who gets the creeps first?, Who does it spread to next? Does it always follow the same social pattern? Was the first scared person hungry? (courage is a full belly) etc. etc.)

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
oooh, I'm such a coward! Last night I kept hearing, "THAWP - THAWP". Then it'd stop. I'd get up shaking and check the whole house and nothing. Then, as I began to go back to sleep I'd hear another THAWP! :errrr: DH is USELESS at night. He's such a heavy sleeper. I figured that if the dogs were okay then I must be okay too. It continued all night long and I didn't get much sleep. I realized the next morning when I went to close the window that the huge gusts of wind from the storm were causing the curtain to puff out and then THAWP onto the wall all night long :oops:

I believe that there are things in life that we cannot and never will be able to explain. I am scared of the unknown. I think we all are. Otherwise there wouldn't be ghosts, religion and superstisions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results