shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you go? Coronavirus and an outdoor wedding

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thing to consider is if there will be pressure to get "just a bit closer" to have photos taken.

I would be devastated if my grandparents got sick because of some event in my life, no matter how special. Your son would probably feel the same way.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If the lunch is outdoors with 13 people, I would probably go. I would even probably have my 90 year old mom there, if it were my family. But I don’t know the details of your husband’s health.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
If you do attend the lunch, I like the suggestion to keep your mask on and not eat because that would require taking off the mask. I am sure people would understand and be happy you are there.

Ceremony definite yes.

Congratulations to your son and his fiance. This is a tough one.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is there any way you can isolate from your family (for arround 11 days) when you come home? Could you keep the self isolating up if you did get sick? And do you have any risk factors? If isolating is realistic and I didnt have any personal risks, then I think I'd go. But maybe with some forewarning that I didnt want to take any photos or take my mask off etc. They've obviously already given up a lot already and it sounds like they've made it as safe as possible with 13 people and the whole thing outdoors. Hopefully you can be seated at one of the extremities of the table and they have some thoughts on the food -- so it is not just being passed arround the table.

Unfortunately if any of the above is not true -- like you cant isolate, or cant keep it up if you become ill. Then it is really not worth anyone dying over a wedding -- and it would be better to attend by Skype.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well that’s the thing. My husband (and the rest of us living with him) are still in quarantine. If he DID go to this event and got sick, we all will know where he got it. I worry it will ruin the way my son will feel about his wedding.

Its a sad situation for your son and future DIL like so many others around the world trying to plan their big day
covid 19 is making an already stressful time so much worse

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
How does your son feel about this---have you asked him what he thinks?

It sounds as if they are trying to create a safe environment and be considerate in order to include you and your husband.

I don't know your husbands condition.
If I could distance and wear a mask--I would probably go.
Caveat being maybe speaking with your son and saying that you don't feel comfortable getting close with no mask for photos.

Only you know what you are comfortable with though.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told my son I wouldn’t be going to the brunch. My pregnant daughter isn’t going either. My son was totally gracious.

California is getting worse by the day. My husband’s doctor said our county will have some very serious numbers this week. I hope we can safely have the ceremony.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't go.
I don't go anywhere that I don't have to.

People who think less of me can take it up with Darwin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results