shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you feel okay doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
How would you feel about trading up an old engagement ring to buy a new one with your new fiance? Is this bad luck or something or is it perfectly okay? A friend of mine is planning to do this & is a little unsure, wanted to share some opinions with her.

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Karma, smarma must be the thinking.

Personally, I don''t think I would take that chance.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sure why not.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Out with the old...In with the new.
(double entendre? - you be the judge)
1.gif

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
From a female point of view, as the new fiance I would be very uncomfortable, unless your friend is not planning on telling her. An engagement diamond should be something that reflects the exclusivity of the relationship, and I would not want it to have anything to do with a relationship from the past. I''d hate to look at my ring and think about how it was contributed to with an ex''s stone. Maybe it''d be okay to get earrings or a pendant, but not an e-ring. Just my $0.02.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... let me see if I am getting this right: who owns the ring? the lady or her future fiance ? Sometimes there is some issue with the lady participating to the cost of the "thing" directly. So if she owns the trade-in, than this might take some persuasion.

Not that I stand by the practice. After all, most of the time the lady would contribute something to the financial sum total
7.gif
to offset the expense - only not filed in to that particular bill. Unfortunately, trading in the diamond is not the same to selling it somewhere else ($-ways).

Personally, I would not wear that ring, just like previous wedding bands are not worn. 100% vote for talking fiance into trading in
2.gif

If the guy owns the ring, there seems to be no problem at all,no matter how I turn it.
1.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I say trade it in! I would because it would mean more money for a bigger budget and a bigger diamond ROFL

Hey I''m not materialistic, I just like BIG DIAMONDS.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Trade it in! It wouldn''t bother me a bit, as long as it wasn''t the same rock or setting.

Nachoman

Rough_Rock
I think its perfectly fine to trade it in. It''s a whole lot better than giving the new fiance the old ring. Also, what else are you going to do with the old one if you don''t trade it in? keep it around for fun?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t mind if it were a whole new diamond and a whole new setting, so I''d vote for the trade-in! It would be different if he were planning on giving any part of the original to his future fiancee.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m w/ the others... TRADE-IT-IN... TRADE-IT-IN... TRADE-IT-IN...
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely, TRADE IT! I used my engagement diamond from my ex to get a bigger, better, nicer diamond than we would have been able to afford otherwise. No one ever knew, and my now-husband laughed about it because me having a big diamond made him look good, you know?
31.gif

DiamondLil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results