shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you ever consider proposing to your guy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:22:18 PM
Author:soocool
Why do we assume that the guy has to pop the question? Why do we women sit by so patiently or impatiently waiting to be asked? What is wrong if we asked the question when we are ready to settle down or mutually ready to settle down?

thoughtful answer - because in my experience, women are usually ready long before the guy is.

my answer - helllooo i''ve been dreaming of this day since i was a baby!!
9.gif

Actually, i asked E once about that. He asked me not to take it away from him.
30.gif

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
I came within inches of proposing several times when my LIWitis was really bad, and I would consider it, again. BF isn''t completely opposed to it, but he would prefer to be the one to propose. When we talked about it, his biggest concern was all the teasing he would get from his friends and family. For me, I''d rather him be the one to propose for my own peace of mind. Since he is the one who is apprehensive about getting married, I think it would be difficult for me to trust that he was ready unless he did the actual proposing.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I would have, and I think he would have been flattered. But he proposed first!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not have proposed to my husband. In our case, I get much more excited about things, and I''m far more romantic and prone to swooning. Had I proposed to my husband, it would have been an utterly anticlimactic. He would never jump up and down, giggle, or scream at the top of his lungs. What fun would that be?

Ultimately, I believe that regardless of who is doing the actual proposing, the decision to enter into a marriage shouldn''t be a surprise to either party. The decision should be mutual, and the actual proposal is just one of the ways we make life''s little changes seem even more exciting and meaningful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results