shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you do this??

Mia1723

Rough_Rock
I purchased my 1.7 g colored si2 excellent round brilliant from my jeweler almost 4 years ago for $8900..it's igl certified. We now have the funds available for an upgrade-I've told her I'd like a large rb, maybe an I or j in color with decent specs..but I only have $6k to spend. She said she would give me 100% on my 1.7, and she had a beautiful set of earrings she could seperate and we could use the 2.5-3 carat in my ring..But she said it's not a certified diamond?!! It's an I color il clarity she sent me a pic.. I've known her forever, but I can't help but think why would the diamond not be certified..it could be anything. Who knows what it is..I'm I being over parionoid? Plus, it'll cost me 7 k..she said she can't find anything certified in my price point the jeweler would be willing to put ther name on..I can't help but see tons of red flags..7k is a lot of money to me too!! Here's a pic of the stone. Any advice.. Am I right to run?? I found a j 3 carat on blue Nilr certified for $16.5k. http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/diamonds?stockno=LD06492590

_36629.jpg

Mia1723

Rough_Rock
Here's my current ring..

_36630.jpg

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just ask her to have it GIA or AGS certified. It's a few hundred dollars and a few weeks for peace of mind. If she won't, you have your answer.

Mia1723

Rough_Rock
Wow-I had no idea they could do that-that makes total sense! Thank you so much!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results