shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you combine these 2 to make a half eternity?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have these two five-stones that I’m not Crazy about bc the finger coverage falls a little short. But I love the stones. I’m toying with combing them. Thoughts? What kind of setting would be best? Two stones are .17 and 6 are .23 to .25 and 3 are .27 to .30. 2FCD5EE1-1239-4D05-938B-1F6C9A00A655.jpeg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I have these two five-stones that I’m not Crazy about bc the finger coverage falls a little short. But I love the stones. I’m toying with combing them. Thoughts? What kind of setting would be best? Two stones are .17 and 6 are .23 to .25 and 3 are .27 to .30. 2FCD5EE1-1239-4D05-938B-1F6C9A00A655.jpeg

Could you do a very gradual graduation from two equal centers in a channel setting to hide any slight size difference?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Sure you could, it'll probably end up as a 3/4 eternity. Milgrain channel, claw or artful bezeling could work.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that would be a great idea! Very clever use of diamonds.:appl:

I like the idea of a graduated 3/4 eternity! You can even do it a simple prong setting because even if the size difference is perceptible it’s kind of the point. And it’ll become a ring you can wear often… you can even size it for a different finger, like the index.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Personally I loooove these bands as a stack. A very rich and stunning look.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder how this would look in real life!

Right, it would take careful placement so that the stone don't look disjointed. I was just trying to think how to place those sizes so you would get a wider band for more finger coverage. I'm no jewelry designer, but would it be possible to bezel the outside shape/edges/sides, but have shared prongs in the field?

I also thought they might look cool with them flush set in an an engraved (or smooth) band, but didn't think that was the look you were after.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala -

Set aside 4 of the .23 - .25s and the 2 x .17 stones. Buy 2 x 20 point stones.

Then - take the largest stone (.3) and put it in the center. Put the next 2 largest stones either side of it. The fact that there's not much graduation between these 3 is a GOOD thing, as the center stone in any band ring always looks largest as it's closest to the eye anyway.

Either side of these three, put the two closest matched from the 6 x .23 - .25 stones (the rest being sold). Then add the 2 x .2 diamonds.

At that point, you have a substantial 7 stone ring. And it WILL give you full finger coverage. It would be roughly 1.8ctw. Very nice!

With the 2 x .17 diamonds and 2 of the .23 - .25 remaining diamonds, make yourself a pair of drop earrings - .17 diamond on top, .23-.25 below. Set each diamond in a box setting, and have that suspended on a hook.

You then have 2 x .23-25 diamond left, which you can sell to put towards the 2 x .2ct diamonds you'll need. You'll come out of this with a substantial 7 stone ring, a nice pair of diamonds (diamonds set like this will give you a nice size of daily-wear earrings), and a little money towards getting it all done.

Alternately, you could use all your leftover diamonds towards a pair of earrings, but I think, from an aesthetic point of view, selling 2 stones and just doing a double stone drop on each each would look much better.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture idea.....

So - like this, but I'd set the boxes that hold each of the diamonds closer together without the articulation in the middle. Makes it look chunkier and more substantial. I would probably add an articulation above the top box so they could move / swing - but between the shepherd's hook and the joined boxes, not between the boxes.

Double box earrings copy.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results