shape
carat
color
clarity

would you change this head?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking of getting this ring (if I can). If I did, would you change the head? I will post a side view which shows how the prongs are worn, probably from years of wear next to the wedding band. I also am not crazy about six prong, so would it make sense to change it to 4 prong?

I will first post links to other threads where I''ve shown nicer photos; don''t feel like reproducing them all here.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-desperately-need-input-on-what-to-wear-w-wb.31878/page-2

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-much-should-something-like-this-cost.33376/

resize side view.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Will attach just one more photo.

resized 1218.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally find 6 prongs better than 4 prongs every tme. It''s more secure.

Aside, if the prongs look worn replace the head. If not don''t rush to do it as the colors will be different from ring to head.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I have to agree with Ame about the six prongs being more secure. However, if you would feel more comfortable (or you would love it more) if it was set with four prongs, then I say go for it!! Good luck, and post pics when you have the finished ring!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
If you replace it with a four prong head, just make sure you definitely get the prongs checked every six months to ensure their strength and stability (even if you get a six prong head or keep this one, make sure you get it checked too). And insure the ring just to be safe, and then wear and enjoy it in good health!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Are the prings yellow gold or platinum? Another thing to consider is if you are going to change the head, I would get platinum to increase the security of the stone particularly if you go with 4-prongs...hell, I''d do it for six prongs as well!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
The prongs are either white gold or platinum, I''m not sure which. They weren''t yellow gold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results