shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you call these trellis / x-prongs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Not sure what to call them, but I like the first one better than the stuller one.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Personally, the first one. The raised "tabs" of the Stuller setting bothers me (and probably snags as well).

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I think the Stuller one may not be as visually attractive because the photo is for a smaller sized stone. So aesthetically, it doesn''t flow as nicely as the Abazias.

They often only show one photo for all size stones. Once you order for a specific stone size, it is modified to suit.

That being said, the Abazias is lovely. The setting is very fluid and pleasing to the eye. The only thing I''m not fussed about is the width of the shank: I''d prefer a bit of a taper. Their website indicates that it will hold up to a 3ct stone. And from the looks of it, the setting shown on that website is for the larger stone.

LS

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I would call them trellis settings, and I like the first one better. Good luck with your decision!
35.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would call them X-prongs. When I think of a trellis setting, I think of multiple stones (like a three-stone ring or an eternity/semi-eternity band). I might be wrong about that, though . . .

And I definitely like the Abazias one better!
9.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Abazias setting better, it''s much more fluid looking. As for what to call it, I''ve seen settings like that called so many different things (cross-prong, x-prong, trellis, lattice, etc.) that I guess I''m not sure what to call it!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. I do believe you are right on the Abazias being nicer. Good price, too, right?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Agreed. However, these are the most reasonably priced x-prongs I''ve found. I''ve not found one that tapers that is that affordable.

And thanks for telling me that a trellis means x-prongs for multi-stones. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results