shape
carat
color
clarity

Would You Buy This Ring -- Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poleary2000

Rough_Rock
LD00660325
Est Weight: 0.937
Diameter(mm): 6.24
Total Depth: 61.7%, 3.85mm
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown Height: 14.7%
Pavil Angle: 40.4
Pavil Depth: 42.5%
Culet: 1%
Table Size: 57.1%
Girdle: 3.8%

Carat weight: 0.93
Cut: Signature Round
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 61.8%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Girdle: Slightly thick, faceted
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.24x6.27x3.86 mm

$6316.00

Scored .4 on the HCA. However, as noted above, it has a thick girdle.

Thanks in advance!!!
Patricik

golfer

Shiny_Rock
I could be wrong, because I was looking at very different rings, but this seems way too expensive compared to the best online deals.

poleary2000

Rough_Rock
It is off of BlueNile . I think it may be more because of the AGL certification and that the cut is a BlueNile signature.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
I just did a quick Pricescope search. You can get AGS graded ideal cuts of the same specs for $1500 less. If you want to spend that much (and get that size), take the $1500 and get a D or E ideal cut. Or get a bigger size, or just keep the saving. Blue Nile is overpriced. If you're buying online anyway, you might as well use the cheap vendors. I have no reason to think Blue Nile's signature cut is better than an idea cut from the reputable online vendors on Pricescope.

poleary2000

Rough_Rock
Interesting.

Do other online firms laser etch the GIA or ASL # on the girdle. I like that. Also, in your opinion, who is the best online firm.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
I think most of the firms offer stones with inscription, or can have it done for you if the stone doesn't have it.

I have had experiences with a lot of the online firms and I have liked/trusted WhiteFlash, NiceIce and USACerted the most. But most of them have the same stones (from online listings which you can't access). Just search Pricescope. Stay away from Abazias, IMO. I don't trust them.

poleary2000

Rough_Rock
I can't find anything on Pricescope. If I narrow my choices down, it returns nothing. Then if I search by price I find lots. However, if I go back to my choices and use it to narrow a diamond I found by searching by price, it wont find it.

poleary2000

Rough_Rock
Actually that diamond i mentioned before would be around $5600 because they are having a 10% off special.

golfer

Shiny_Rock
When I search AGS only, AGS0 cut, .9 - 1 carat, D to G color, IF to VS1 clairity (i.e., everything of your stone but possibly better), I get 54 diamonds -- starting at around $5k

poleary2000

Rough_Rock
WOW - NICE ICE has tons of great features. I love the fact that you can actually see the diamond you want to purchase. Very cool.

poleary2000

Rough_Rock
USACert has a bunch of Hearts and Arrow SuperCert diamonds. I assume these are the best of the best???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results